PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
04-20-2016, 06:47 AM
4 in a row... I'm the first to come on here and rip Fredi, so I'm gonna the first to come on here and say he's been much better lately. Markakis to leadoff was a good move. The bullpen has been outstanding in the win streak... Era around 1. Good job, Fredi and braves

Political Hack
04-20-2016, 06:53 AM
Yeah. It's hard to get excited when you know there's next to zero chance at making the postseason though.

Not to rain on your parade. I'm just having trouble finding any interest in following this team.

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-20-2016, 06:59 AM
My thing is I don't wanna see Frenchy and Kelly and all these cast offs from other teams. You traded all the talent you had for what was supposed to be some of the top prospects in baseball. Let the kids play. Go through the growing pains now so when you move into the new yard they are ready to go

BoomBoom
04-20-2016, 07:03 AM
My thing is I don't wanna see Frenchy and Kelly and all these cast offs from other teams. You traded all the talent you had for what was supposed to be some of the top prospects in baseball. Let the kids play. Go through the growing pains now so when you move into the new yard they are ready to go

That's not how MLB contracts work. You get a player for 6 years, not for forever.. Would you rather that start when he's ready, or when he's not?

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-20-2016, 07:08 AM
I feel like they will have growong pains regardless. Which is why I said let them go through them now

Political Hack
04-20-2016, 07:12 AM
I feel like they will have growong pains regardless. Which is why I said let them go through them now

I'll start buying tickets again when this happens.

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-20-2016, 07:14 AM
With these cant miss kids you are either gonna get Chipper or Tony Tarasco. I would just rather find out which one early. Lol

msstate7
04-20-2016, 07:36 AM
I think you'll see Blair, folty, Ruiz, Albies/Swanson maybe both, and maybe sims this year at some point.

Inciarte will be back this weekend and he's still young. Mallex is playing well and he's young. Shae Simmons will be back this year... Him, along with viz and withrow are the makings of a strong pen. Wisler is already up and most likely a key player going forward

msstate7
04-20-2016, 07:43 AM
We aren't gonna win this year even if we play the prospects. By playing the veterans, we save team control over prospects and hopefully can trade some veterans for even more prospects

louisvilledawg
04-20-2016, 08:25 AM
I think you'll see Blair, folty, Ruiz, Albies/Swanson maybe both, and maybe sims this year at some point.

Inciarte will be back this weekend and he's still young. Mallex is playing well and he's young. Shae Simmons will be back this year... Him, along with viz and withrow are the makings of a strong pen. Wisler is already up and most likely a key player going forward

I've watched albies a few times already this season in pearl. I like the way he plays. No way in hell he is 5'10" like the program says. maybe 5'5" on a good day haha

parabrave
04-20-2016, 10:03 AM
4 in a row... I'm the first to come on here and rip Fredi, so I'm gonna the first to come on here and say he's been much better lately. Markakis to leadoff was a good move. The bullpen has been outstanding in the win streak... Era around 1. Good job, Fredi and braves

It was you who sold his soul to the devil. I was thinking the same thing about Markakis move and also th changes to the bullpen. I will give Fredi the credit however there have been some minor moves upstairs that may and hopefully led to these changes.

Beaver
04-20-2016, 10:14 AM
We aren't gonna win this year even if we play the prospects. By playing the veterans, we save team control over prospects and hopefully can trade some veterans for even more prospects

Agreed. Even Mike Trout spent nearly 3 years in the minors

BoomBoom
04-20-2016, 05:48 PM

Inciarte is out till May last i heard. Folty or Blair will start on Sunday in Perez' spot, he just got sent down.

I don't think you'd see Ruiz this year, as he got aggressively promoted to AAA to start the year even though he was terrible at AA last year. he's doing well, but still one of the youngest players in AAA. But he doesn't have any value as a utility guy, so they may want to know if he will stick at 3B or not. also, that depends on how Riley looks by September. if he looks like he'll be a stud there in about 3 years, then who cares about starting Ruiz' clock.

Albies and Swanson are both tearing it up, which means the Braves have a tough decision to make, and soon. i don't think they'd want to promote Albies to AAA yet, but Swanson is due to be promoted to AA. time to decide which will play SS, and which 2B.

Once this team spends the $40-$50M they have available, this team will be back at the top. i imagine most of that will go to a stud RF.

BoomBoom
04-20-2016, 10:27 PM
this team will also be a ton better once the failed experiments end. Grilli and O'Flaherty are done, and their continued presence just makes the entire bullpen worse. Jace Peterson isn't a starter. Franceour is a walking liability. AJ is past done.

i think the pitching will be completely different and better in the 2nd half, adding Folty, Blair, and several prospects in the pen. but we are basically stuck with the crap lineup we have until next year.

msstate7
04-20-2016, 10:31 PM
this team will also be a ton better once the failed experiments end. Grilli and O'Flaherty are done, and their continued presence just makes the entire bullpen worse. Jace Peterson isn't a starter. Franceour is a walking liability. AJ is past done.

i think the pitching will be completely different and better in the 2nd half, adding Folty, Blair, and several prospects in the pen. but we are basically stuck with the crap lineup we have until next year.

EOF is definitely finished. If we wanna keep Grilli, use him early in the game. He's lost velocity and he couldn't afford to lose it

msstate7
04-22-2016, 10:01 AM
Boom, you were right about inciarte. I must have dreamed he was gonna be back this weekend. Oh well, hopefully mallex picks it up some forcing us to keep him in LF when inciarte comes back.

Loved wisler yesterday

Tbonewannabe
04-22-2016, 10:46 AM

We have several guys that wouldn't even be on a roster anywhere else. If we weren't building a new park I would think we were trying to pull a Major League. I am just waiting for us to bring up a pitcher out of the Penal League. We already have Franceour who no like the curveball and AJ being a broken down catcher. I am just waiting on O'Flaherty to go out to the mound covered in Vaseline.