PDA

View Full Version : For those that have time...

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
This is a pretty cool baseball video that talks about the 6th tool of baseball which is heart. What players like Mangum and Cody Brown play with. It's not all about measurables: arm strength, height, speed, it's about your heart and how much you play with every play of the game. I think if our starting 9 could have that 6th tool we could beat anybody in the country.

https://www.facebook.com/terance.frazier/videos/10153305041913029/

starkvegasdawg
04-19-2016, 06:50 PM
So Renfroe really sucked?

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
So Renfroe really sucked?

Huh?

Dawgbite
04-19-2016, 07:01 PM
He only had five tools. He owes us one!

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 07:04 PM
I never said anything about past players. I'm just speaking for the players now that if they all played with heart we would be a much better team. Not saying they all don't but it only seems to me that players like Cody Brown and Jake Mangum do. Maybe they express it in a different one idk but that's all I was saying. Not saying that the other tools don't matter I'm just saying it's not always about those other 5 you don't have to be the best of the best to win all the time. Yea it's good to have those other 5 but that 6th one is what sets you apart.

State82
04-19-2016, 07:14 PM
That was really good. Nice find djay

starkvegasdawg
04-19-2016, 07:15 PM
He only had five tools. He owes us one!

Glad someone caught the joke.

missouridawg
04-19-2016, 07:19 PM
I never said anything about past players. I'm just speaking for the players now that if they all played with heart we would be a much better team. Not saying they all don't but it only seems to me that players like Cody Brown and Jake Mangum do. Maybe they express it in a different one idk but that's all I was saying. Not saying that the other tools don't matter I'm just saying it's not always about those other 5 you don't have to be the best of the best to win all the time. Yea it's good to have those other 5 but that 6th one is what sets you apart.

Out of curiosity... Which players of ours don't have heart? And what makes you think you know this?

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 08:58 PM
Out of curiosity... Which players of ours don't have heart? And what makes you think you know this?

I'm just curious if you actually read what I said? I just said I'm not saying they don't I'm just saying they all may express it in a different way than Mangum and Brown. On the other hand those two are the only two that stand out to me that you can actually see that they play with emotion as far as every day players that bring it every time they step on the field. Like I said not saying they don't but I feel like every at bat and every play they fight and actually show emotion. Some do on occasion but that kind of thing you can't teach. You either have it or you don't IMO.