PDA

View Full Version : UNM "...one of the elite teams in the past two years..."

SailingDawg
04-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Sun Herald Article (http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-mississippi/article72553192.html) from Bucky and Bork's visit to Gulfport.

TrapGame
04-19-2016, 02:49 PM
"That was our goal when we came here,'' he said. "The thing that keeps you up at night is how do you keep it there. It is not easy in this conference. I think we've been in on the right guys (in recruiting). We just have to continue to recruit at that level to be an elite team.''

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-mississippi/article72553192.html#storylink=cpy

Don't make me vomit Hugh Sleeze.

AROB44
04-19-2016, 03:12 PM
"That was our goal when we came here,'' he said. "The thing that keeps you up at night is how do you keep it there. It is not easy in this conference. I think we've been in on the right guys (in recruiting). We just have to continue to recruit at that level to be an elite team.''

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-mississippi/article72553192.html#storylink=cpy

Don't make me vomit Hugh Sleeze.

Don't think the NCAA is going to allow that.

Jack Lambert
04-19-2016, 03:22 PM
They must be on a public relation tour to soften the blow that is coming.

AlSwearengen
04-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Their program is a complete fraud. Bucky and Bork are running around trying to convince their "board members" that the company is healthy. They are like the band on the Titanic that keeps playing music as the ship sinks.

Todd4State
04-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Their program is a complete fraud. Bucky and Bork are running around trying to convince their "board members" that the company is healthy. They are like the band on the Titanic that keeps playing music as the ship sinks.

Except that the band on the Titanic wasn't trying to convince everyone that the ship wasn't really sinking.

Coach34
04-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Since we are both 19-7 the last 2 years- guess we are elite too

BossDawg
04-19-2016, 04:40 PM
Since we are both 19-7 the last 2 years- guess we are elite too

That is weird. I figured it up: Freeze's record while at UM is 34-18. Guess what Dan Mullen's record in that same time frame? You got it, 34-18. Plus, other than last year, I'm pretty sure Mullen has finished higher than Freeze or at least tied with him in the SEC.

Joe Schmedlap
04-19-2016, 04:46 PM
It's back to back wins over Alabama that garner praise as elite. Of course those back to back victories also bring in the NCAA with their colonoscopes.

mic
04-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Then Memphis must be a top 5 program...

DawgHouseUnited
04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Does that guy ever stop talking 'crooting?

I mean, I know it's important, but it also looks bad when Paidwell says he got no coaching up in college at his position...

UNM, where buying your elite talent still means no trips to Atlanta.

QuadrupleOption
04-19-2016, 07:07 PM
They've gotten a lot of mileage out of beating Bama, LSU, and us for the last two years.

Edit: forgot that they lost to LSU last year. Even so, they've beaten a lot of marquee programs and were able to do it again this past year. I hope those cocksuckers crash and burn on their way to the death penalty this fall.

BulldogBear
04-19-2016, 07:28 PM
They've gotten a lot of mileage out of beating Bama, LSU, and us for the last two years.

Edit: forgot that they lost to LSU last year. Even so, they've beaten a lot of marquee programs and were able to do it again this past year. I hope those cocksuckers crash and burn on their way to the death penalty this fall.

+1

SDDawg
04-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Sun Herald Article (http://www.sunherald.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-mississippi/article72553192.html) from Bucky and Bork's visit to Gulfport.

Those 3 points against TCU sho' was impressive. Or the meltdowns vs. Memphis and Arky (2 years in a row!) Elite, indeed.

BeardoMSU
04-19-2016, 07:47 PM

They beat LSU last year, but lost to them in 2014. Also beat them in 2013.

That's the thing. Freeze has beaten Bama and LSU more than Dan, which counts for a lot, no doubt. However, he has also lost to teams he should have beaten (e.g., Arkansas 2014 and 2015, Memphis 2015). Dan hasn't really.

PMDawg
04-20-2016, 09:26 AM

I mean, I know it's important, but it also looks bad when Paidwell says he got no coaching up in college at his position...

I wish Dan never stopped talking about recruiting.

fishwater99
04-20-2016, 09:37 AM

That's what he does, it's the narrative they want. he also will talk about the Sugar Bowl win..

Schultzy
04-20-2016, 09:44 AM
Robertson has posted this morning to keep your ears on for news about this super elite program today.

Tripp McNeely
04-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Robertson has posted this morning to keep your ears on for news about this super elite program today.

Crootin' news for us, like discussed in the other thread...or bad news for the bears? If we get both, I may have to break out the Blue Label tonight.

Schultzy
04-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Crootin' news for us, like discussed in the other thread...or bad news for the bears? If we get both, I may have to break out the Blue Label tonight.

Guess it could be crootin but I was assuming the other, this was before I'd heard we were expecting some commitments today.

SignalToNoise
04-20-2016, 12:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mhi25RQ.jpg