PDA

View Full Version : Miles will be the only reason LSU don't win the West next season.

Jack Lambert
04-19-2016, 12:58 PM
18 starters back. They will probably be top 5 preseason and picked to win the West. I am guessing.

TrapGame
04-19-2016, 01:09 PM
If we beat them in BR again he's gone on a rail. I highly doubt it but I would love to see some coon asses cry and throw corn dogs in despair.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Miles will be the only reason LSU don't win the West next season.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/quarterback-brandon-harris-of-the-lsu-tigers-loses-control-of-the-picture-id496174748

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2016, 01:28 PM
18 starters back. They will probably be top 5 preseason and picked to win the West. I am guessing.

If they could figure out how to run the option then they would be crazy good with Fournette since they don't have a QB that can successfully throw it.

deltadawg99
04-19-2016, 04:06 PM
They are going to be loaded. Ton of talent coming back and a pissed off #7 in the backfield.

If they can throw the ball even a little bit, they should win the west.

It has always amazes me how LSU, with the exception of Mettenberger, has had so much trouble at the QB position. Les recruits dual threat guys and keeps them in the pocket. Makes no sense

Coach34
04-19-2016, 04:25 PM
LSU-Bama will be for the West. Nobody is beating LSU except maybe Bama

Best team they have had since 2011- and this team may be better

mstatefan91
04-19-2016, 04:29 PM
They are going to be loaded. Ton of talent coming back and a pissed off #7 in the backfield.

It has always amazes me how LSU, with the exception of Mettenberger, has had so much trouble at the QB position. Les recruits dual threat guys and keeps them in the pocket. Makes no sense
Les is his own worst enemy.

That offense would be damn near impossible to stop if he utilized his QB's the right way.

Taog Redloh
04-19-2016, 04:45 PM
Who is going to be the QB? It amazes me that they can assemble a whole team of men but no QB. Of course I still say Miles made a colossal mistake by starting Jefferson in the championship game in 2011. The formula that had worked for them was starting the white boy, then bringing in Jefferson if they stalled.

Political Hack
04-19-2016, 04:47 PM
LSU should've won it last year. They didn't develop their QB quickly enough and didn't use their WRs the way they should've. They're the most talented team this year, but they were last year too.

Taog Redloh
04-19-2016, 04:50 PM
LSU should've won it last year. They didn't develop their QB quickly enough and didn't use their WRs the way they should've. They're the most talented team this year, but they were last year too.
Wut? They got beat down 3 straight weeks last year. There's only so much you can "develop" with those lollypops they trot out there at QB.

They MIGHT win it this year, and if they do it'll straight be overpowering folks like Ohio State did, because their QB was a nimrod too (not Barrett, the big fat one).

DawgPoundtheRock
04-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Yes, LSU is loaded. I think the preseason media predictions will go something like this: LSU or Bama #1, the other #2. UNM or AU at #3 and #4 in either order. A&M #5. Ark #6. And we will be universally picked to finish last. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, but get ready.

Political Hack
04-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Wut? They got beat down 3 straight weeks last year. There's only so much you can "develop" with those lollypops they trot out there at QB.

They MIGHT win it this year, and if they do it'll straight be overpowering folks like Ohio State did, because their QB was a nimrod too (not Barrett, the big fat one).

The first of those 3 losses was to Bama. That was their season and they knew it. Bama beat them down and caused them to lose to Arkansas and on the road at OM. Also, that was their only 3-losses all season.

Bothrops
04-19-2016, 05:24 PM
LSU will have a brutal combination of killer defense, power running, and big time receivers on the outside.

CadaverDawg
04-19-2016, 05:44 PM
LSU will not win the West with Harris at QB. If they had a true pro style QB, they'd be a lock. Wouldn't even have to be a great one. Harris and Les are not a West-winning combo....unless the West is very down this year.

That's my opinion.

CadaverDawg
04-19-2016, 05:46 PM

It truly is one of the biggest head scratchers of all time. Let any LSU fan recruit your QB's, and you have multiple Titles under Miles. That simple. They couldn't choose worse fitting QB's for that offense if they tried to.

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Take this with a grain of salt but keep in mind LSU does have a transfer from Purdue that sat out last year. His name is Danny Etling was a ESPN 300 player out of highschool 4 star recruit. He had a descent freshman year at Purdue and he's ready to take that job from Harris too so I don't see them waiting too long to see if Harris has it before they give the other kid a shot.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13131579/lsu-tigers-land-purdue-boilermakers-transfer-danny-etling

Political Hack
04-19-2016, 08:31 PM
It truly is one of the biggest head scratchers of all time. Let any LSU fan recruit your QB's, and you have multiple Titles under Miles. That simple. They couldn't choose worse fitting QB's for that offense if they tried to.

And they wanted Dak to play TE. It is truly amazing. Seems like they'd be 4 deep at QB. They can't find 1. Harris has all the tools but can't learn the position and develop his accuracy. I can't begin to comprehend how good they'd be if they had a Brandon Allen or a Dak Prescott.

Taog Redloh
04-19-2016, 08:31 PM
Take this with a grain of salt but keep in mind LSU does have a transfer from Purdue that sat out last year. His name is Danny Etling was a ESPN 300 player out of highschool 4 star recruit. He had a descent freshman year at Purdue and he's ready to take that job from Harris too so I don't see them waiting too long to see if Harris has it before they give the other kid a shot.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13131579/lsu-tigers-land-purdue-boilermakers-transfer-danny-etling

Interesting. But remember, this is Miles we're talking about. He'll let the team vote or some shit.

djaymsu5
04-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Interesting. But remember, this is Miles we're talking about. He'll let the team vote or some shit.

True!

lastmajordog
04-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Wait.....They play their worst game of the year against UNM......and their most primitive(dumb) play calling against Bama. Even last year our sub par Dogs SHOULD have beaten them handily. I will believe that championship when I see it.

Taog Redloh
04-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Wait.....They play their worst game of the year against UNM......and their most primitive(dumb) play calling against Bama. Even last year our sub par Dogs SHOULD have beaten them handily. I will believe that championship when I see it.

For real, man, they always do this crap. Everything clicks vs. us, and they straight show up empty against Ole Miss. And ha, yeah they always do some dumb shit against Bama.

Jack Lambert
04-20-2016, 09:06 AM
For real, man, they always do this crap. Everything clicks vs. us, and they straight show up empty against Ole Miss. And ha, yeah they always do some dumb shit against Bama.

Last season when they played ole miss the had three interior lineman who starter were Freshman and the Tight end was a freshman. All due to injuries. Ole Miss lucked up on several games last year. They got Bama early when they were still working out issues and the got LSU late when they had injuries.

Their luck ran out against Arkansas.

This season they kind of luck out again. They get both GA with a new coach and QB early and they get Bama early with a new QB. FSU will have QB issues as well.

On the flip side ole miss only has 8 starters back.

Coach34
04-20-2016, 09:44 AM
people forget all the OL injuries LSU had- they started 3 freshmen during that losing streak