PDA

View Full Version : Regionals/Super-Regionals-dates

ETDawg
04-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Have dates for baseball regionals and super-regionals been set? If so, when?

State82
04-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Regionals start the Friday after Memorial Day, which is June 3, and the Supers the following weekend.

ETDawg
04-18-2016, 08:44 PM
Trying to make possible travel arrangements. Do games start on Friday and conclude on Sunday?

Dawg61
04-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Trying to make possible travel arrangements. Do games start on Friday and conclude on Sunday?

Usually yes but many have been pushed into Monday's before.

Todd4State
04-19-2016, 01:59 AM

The Regionals all start the same day. Which I believe is a Friday typically. Sometimes they bleed over into Monday because of rain delays or things like that.

Now, the Super Regionals I will caution you because ESPN is the one who sets those. Some of those start on Friday and some start on Saturday. As a fan that goes to the games it is a pain because of scheduling around work. But I do understand why they do it- it's so they can show as many games as possible and spread it out more over a few days which ultimately means better coverage.

The MSU baseball website has the regionals, SR, and CWS schedule on it- but of course it's kind of a rough outline. But it will give you a general idea.

If we host a SR, I don't know how they will handle it because they know we're going to have a lot of fans that will watch it no matter what day it falls on. If I remember correctly the SR in 2007 was around noon because it was hot as hell and I think it was on a Friday. Honestly, probably the hottest baseball game I have ever been at. I think being packed in probably exacerbated it.

Dawg61
04-19-2016, 06:10 AM
That noon game I swear I was about five minutes from having a heat stroke on. I had to just sit down with a cold towel over my head for thirty minutes. It was so ****ing hot that day! Do NOT drink beer at high noon when it's 100 degrees outside and zero clouds in the sky. You will lose.