PDA

View Full Version : If what we are hearing is correct

elitedawgs
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Hands down, Mississippi State and Dan Mullen are BY FAR the least of Ole Miss' problems right now.

And no, this information doesn't come from new golfing buddies Mark Emmert and Coach34. Our source was very clear that we cannot say anything on the details that we were told because it would directly jeopardize their job. We can say the rumors of "They shouldn't have messed with the big boys, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, etc" are dead on. This isn't going away.

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2013, 10:55 AM
I love it. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Ronny
08-16-2013, 10:58 AM
...the University of Mississippi just signed the #1 kicker in the nation.

None of this makes sense!**

PassInterference
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Ole Miss could have done it he right way. They could have crooted their way to gradually better teams. Build a base and gradually get better the way Mullen has (minus the part where Bracky Brett keeps one hand handcuffed). But no, they had to get greedy. They had to swing for the fences right out of the gate. Make a big splash. Win the press conference.

And piss off higher powers. Not smart.

Like throwing a live crab in boiling water. They should have raised the heat gradually. Their fanbase and alumni have no patience. Bunch of whiney entitled pricks.

They're about to learn to be patient.

SignalToNoise
08-16-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm guessing we will all have to be patient to see whats going to come of this. I watched Pony Excess again the other night and it took the NCAA a while to get all the goods on SMU. If OM has covered their tracks at all then it would take a while for an investigation to produce hard proof.

Solid update though; this is how you bring it.

MetEdDawg
08-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Obviously I would take any penalty at this point just to prove the point openly that they as a fanbase have collectively cheated, but the more important question is can you talk or discuss timetable for anything happening?

FISHDAWG
08-16-2013, 11:03 AM
I've always had the water boiling first ... have I been doing this wrong ? ... not trying to be funny here- just curious

ShotgunDawg
08-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I want to make something clear: THE NCAA DOES NOT NEED PROOF!!!!

This is something I continue to hear: "The NCAA needs proof." I just don't agree with that. The NCAA can do anything they want and don't have to present proof to a court in order to get something done.

If they believe that Ole Miss is cheating, and they don't have proof, then they can essentially find them guilty of something that would be the equivalent of tax evasion, and then hand down large penalties.

The NCAA can use circumstantial evidence if they choose.

How many people on this board have proof that Ole Miss has cheated? My guess would be 2 or 3, but that doesn't keep the rest of us from putting the puzzle pieces together and thus having a pretty good idea and belief that OM has cheated. The NCAA can do the same thing.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Obviously I would take any penalty at this point just to prove the point openly that they as a fanbase have collectively cheated, but the more important question is can you talk or discuss timetable for anything happening?

everything NCAA related takes awhile- nobody needs a source for that

MetEdDawg
08-16-2013, 11:28 AM
They've proven again and again that they will take their sweet time with most everything they get involved in. I was just curious as to whether we might hear some bits and pieces come out on specific people before hand or if we will have to wait for one big judgment day.

Barking 13
08-16-2013, 11:34 AM
I've always had the water boiling first ... have I been doing this wrong ? ... not trying to be funny here- just curious

off topic, but you are correct, sir... like you really didn't know, Mr. Saltwater :D and BTW, some blue crab sounds awful good right about now... mmm,mmm!

MemphisDawg
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Any idea on the level of shit they are in???

Like what are we looking at punishment wise? We seeing a slap on the wrist that will essentially do nothing. Or are we talking dropping the hammer and crippling their asses for the next decade?

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 11:40 AM
My question is, why have we only heard about Johnson and Jones? Why isn't it out there about Tunsil, who, if this is all really true about pissing off the big boys, would be the guy in question?

I want Ole Miss to fry too, but I honestly don't care about pissing off the big boys. The big boys have been trying to hold us down for years.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
08-16-2013, 11:40 AM
SolomonGrundy over on NAFOOM thinks he has some "inside" information as well. I almost shit my pants when I found out how ridiculous his "inside" info was. That guy goes all out douchebag when Ole Miss is in trouble.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 11:46 AM
I dont know- but I do tend to subscribe to Engie's "lack of institutional control" angle because of who has been rumored to be interviewed. It is not only Freezus recruiting being questioned, but Nutt's also.

Should be interesting this Fall as more breaks

RougeDawg
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
everything NCAA related takes awhile- nobody needs a source for that

Co-rrect. We did all the work for them last year, and handed it over to them on a silver platter and it still took them around a year to come to any conclusion. The NCAA makes snails proud around the world.

FlabLoser
08-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Multiple schools, multiple eras, multiple schools pissed off.

Boone and Nutt is not under investigation. Ole Miss is. Ole Miss can't claim in innocence because of some employee turnover. Didn't work that way for us. Not for Penn State. And won't for Ole Miss.

Why have we only heard about players that only had an MSU tie? Because we are MSU people and we talk to each other.

How do we know the NCAA hasn't already interviewed Tunsil? Or Moncrief? Do we expect Ole Miss to tell us that?

Remember these people kept the Brunetti arrest quiet for months. The last place to look for info on Ole Miss trouble is with Ole Miss people. They know how to pull the rope together.

engie
08-16-2013, 12:07 PM
My question is, why have we only heard about Johnson and Jones? Why isn't it out there about Tunsil, who, if this is all really true about pissing off the big boys, would be the guy in question?

Saving the big fish for last IMO. I could see a scenario where they've got Tunsil dead to rights to the extent that an interview is just a formality. It was that blatant and over the top what OM did for his family while they rubbed UGA's nose in it. Therefore, that one is assumed -- and they are looking into all the rest of these guys looking for a pattern. When/if they find the pattern, it becomes an institutional control matter -- and it becomes very serious for them...

AlSwearengen
08-16-2013, 12:31 PM
cheating didn't work out for them the way they expected under nutt. They brought in hugh "the great recruiting evangelist" and went big with the cheating. They figured that since he had this reputation as a great recruiter, that would explain getting all of those five star recruits and since he leads a sunday school class on twitter every day, that would show the world that he is too morally grounded to allow any cheating. I called this shit the day they hired him. He is a face for the program.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2013, 12:31 PM
I find it interesting that this is getting ZERO traction on Rivals sports board. But they're happy to talk about MSU "bowling" with the recent Dillon Day trick shot, and of course they also say it may be the only "bowling" we do this year.

biscuit
08-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Hands down, Mississippi State and Dan Mullen are BY FAR the least of Ole Miss' problems right now.

And no, this information doesn't come from new golfing buddies Mark Emmert and Coach34. Our source was very clear that we cannot say anything on the details that we were told because it would directly jeopardize their job. We can say the rumors of "They shouldn't have messed with the big boys, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, etc" are dead on. This isn't going away.

This is gonna be fun!

CadaverDawg
08-16-2013, 12:37 PM
cheating didn't work out for them the way they expected under nutt. They brought in hugh "the great recruiting evangelist" and went big with the cheating. They figured that since he had this reputation as a great recruiter, that would explain getting all of those five star recruits and since he leads a sunday school class on twitter every day, that would show the world that he is too morally grounded to allow any cheating. I called this shit the day they hired him. He is a face for the program.

You nailed it. Freeze is a wolf in sheep's clothing, and was brought in to put a nice Christian face in front of a dirty program to try and mask it.

Goat Holder
08-16-2013, 01:03 PM
They brought in hugh "the great recruiting evangelist" and went big with the cheating. They figured that since he had this reputation as a great recruiter, that would explain getting all of those five star recruits and since he leads a sunday school class on twitter every day, that would show the world that he is too morally grounded to allow any cheating. I called this shit the day they hired him. He is a face for the program.

I'll agree 100% here. Freeze is the figurehead for the Archie/Rebel Machine. A guy that won't ask questions, a guy that knows his place. 'Their' guy. That's why I really don't think Freeze should be taking much of the heat, I feel that he really is a good guy, just a little naive to what they are doing, much like Chizik was at Auburn.

SMU all over again, if it really blows up. And it really needs to.

bankerdawg
08-16-2013, 01:20 PM

I have a friend in Georgia that is UGA thru and thru and he's telling me his inside sources are telling him they have the goods on Ole Miss for on the recruiting of Tunsil. Said the word from there is Tunsil and/or family was paid $300,000 by Ole Miss. Take it for what its worth and I have not put this on any other board. I actually heard this several weeks back and all of the sudden Ole Miss is getting questioned by the NCAA.

jumbo
08-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I find it interesting that this is getting ZERO traction on Rivals sports board. But they're happy to talk about MSU "bowling" with the recent Dillon Day trick shot, and of course they also say it may be the only "bowling" we do this year.

didn't realize there was still an MSU rivals board

FISHDAWG
08-16-2013, 01:24 PM
$ 300,000 is a lot for an OT ....... Heisman QB's are only going for $ 180,000

slickdawg
08-16-2013, 01:25 PM

That was the discounted price for us **

blacklistedbully
08-16-2013, 01:26 PM
didn't realize there was still an MSU rivals board

Main college board. And yes, there are quite a few "Black Bear Named Rebel"s over there, with maybe 3 or 4 Bulldogs. I've had some epic battles over there with several of their fans. Have also got a couple of there that are decent posters. But they are clearly in the minority in that delusional group.

BossDawg
08-16-2013, 01:30 PM
I wonder if this IncarceratedBob cat really does have some info, and if so, how or who would he get stuff like that from?

RougeDawg
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM

The money forked out is increasing exponentially, while the wins hover between the 2-6 range. Someone should really revamp their business school with this type of shit. They might actually have a BBall arena that doesnt have rain delays if they put all this money into something that produced results. What a bunch of clowns. Might I add though, that they had to fork out a total of around $80k for CJ as an instate guy. Going 2 states away, and stealing from a BCS contender is going to cost a good deal more. So $300k isn't that unreasonable to think they forked out.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM
I seriously doubt Bobby Boy has anything of substance outside of potential receipts from OM players gambling through him or providing inside tips to him for money. And that's a big if...

I do however think that at least 4, maybe 5, other schools have had officials talk to the NCAA about what they know/have on OM. I also think it's going to take the NCAA at least a year if not two to figure it all out. I also do not expect to see Tunsil, CJ, Kailo, Connor, and maybe A. Golson playing against Vandy.

MaroonDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Is the "IT" hack u were talking about that was coming?? This investigation of tsun players??

Big4Dawg
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
I seriously doubt Bobby Boy has anything of substance outside of potential receipts from OM players gambling through him or providing inside tips to him for money. And that's a big if...

I do however think that at least 4, maybe 5, other schools have had officials talk to the NCAA about what they know/have on OM. I also think it's going to take the NCAA at least a year if not two to figure it all out. I also do not expect to see Tunsil, CJ, Kailo, Connor, and maybe A. Golson playing against Vandy.

that would be huge for them

C222
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Saving the big fish for last IMO. I could see a scenario where they've got Tunsil dead to rights to the extent that an interview is just a formality. It was that blatant and over the top what OM did for his family while they rubbed UGA's nose in it. Therefore, that one is assumed -- and they are looking into all the rest of these guys looking for a pattern. When/if they find the pattern, it becomes an institutional control matter -- and it becomes very serious for them...

I bet Veazey has alot more he hasn't put out there yet.

CJDAWG85
08-16-2013, 02:09 PM
I hightly doubt this gets as bad as SMU... I mean realistically Penn St was the worst scandal I've ever heard of and they didn't get the death penalty...

slickdawg
08-16-2013, 02:17 PM
I hightly doubt this gets as bad as SMU... I mean realistically Penn St was the worst scandal I've ever heard of and they didn't get the death penalty...

Yep, if Penn State didn't get the death penalty, then its off the table in the NCAA's eyes.

LeakyD
08-16-2013, 02:19 PM
This says a lot about their school if they have to pay that kind of cash to a recruit...and with rare success on the field. It is clear the boosters run the program as much as Freeze, but he knew the deal coming in. He's responsible for his own actions.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 02:28 PM
The thing about all this is all the MSU people are saying the same thing. Everyone I've heard from has said the same thing. Usually stories don't match up - they do here. I don't know what they ultimate punishment will be, but I do know ole miss cheated because you don't have this many people saying the same thing. I think ole miss knows it internally, but they aren't spilling the beans to their people, but telling them there is nothing instead so they will fire back at MSU people believing State is fabricating this whole thing.

starkvegasdawg
08-16-2013, 02:29 PM

Not necessarily. As horrible as the PSU situation was, it never broke any rules as far as giving a team an unfair advantage or impermissible benefits to a player. That was a school covering for a pedophile on payroll raping little boys. If what we are hearing is true about the bears to the north then I expect the NCAA to try and imitate Thor dropping that hammer.

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 02:33 PM
I'll agree 100% here. Freeze is the figurehead for the Archie/Rebel Machine. A guy that won't ask questions, a guy that knows his place. 'Their' guy. That's why I really don't think Freeze should be taking much of the heat, I feel that he really is a good guy, just a little naive to what they are doing, much like Chizik was at Auburn.

SMU all over again, if it really blows up. And it really needs to.

Yes. They are trying to pull off what Auburn did with Chizik. Tubs wouldn't go for their cheating so he hit the road and they got an unpopular choice who was just happy to have the job but good enough to steer the ship once he got the players.

RunDog26
08-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Ole Miss should hire Bracky Brett away from us immediately in order to ensure the best outcome possible to this impending disaster.

blacklistedbully
08-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Another Reb troll sneaking in. Damn, these guys want on here so bad it's funny!

08-16-2013, 02:36 PM
This just came up on the clarion ledger web site:

College Football -- Ole Miss Found Guilty Of 15 NCAA Violations
Jackson Clarion-Ledger: AP
OXFORD, Miss. - NCAA sanctions levied today against the University of Mississippi football program might cripple it for years.
The NCAA infractions committee found Mississippi guilty of 15 violations. They ranged from a lack of institutional control to offers of cash, plane tickets and cars to prospects by staff members and boosters.
Because Mississippi was penalized for similar acts in 1986, the NCAA showed no leniency, said David Swank, University of Oklahoma law professor and chairman of the committee on infractions.
"This is one of the most serious cases we've had since I've been a member of the committee," said Swank, in his fourth year as infractions committee chairman.
The committee placed Mississippi on probation for four years, banned it from postseason play for two years, banned it from playing in televised games for one year, and slashed the number of new players Mississippi can put on scholarship the next two years from 25 to 13 per year.
The scholarship reduction was the most severe levied against a Division I-A school since Southern Methodist University was barred from offering any scholarships or fielding a team in 1987 and '88.
Check back with the Clarion Ledger for updates on this story.

I read the same thing here: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19941118&slug=1942647

The only issue is that it was published on Friday, November 18, 1994

Ghost of Hank Flick
08-16-2013, 02:39 PM
The amazing thing is these trolls think we are so dumb we will fall for their BS posts and not find them out.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 02:40 PM

If CJ doesn't play for them, that is huge. He is damn good pass rusher, and without him, they might as well forget it. THe rest probably aren't going to start anyway, and I doubt Kailo plays at all this year. Track guy.

AlSwearengen
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM

I know who the others are, but refresh my memory about who A. Golson is. Is he the ol from alabama that was committed to fsu? And what keeps kailo from playing? The only thing I have heard specific is the house for mom and now the word is that the house wasn't provided. Could the house be out of the contract b/c the ncaa was onto it?

Negative Waves
08-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I doubt we will ever see a program get the death penalty again, but if it's as bad as everyone is saying it is, I wouldn't be shocked to see UM get a tv ban like they did last time with an addition of forfeiture of tv revenues. Taking away over $15 million in revenues would send a message to them.

CapHillDawg
08-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Word here on the Hill in DC is that it goes all the way to the top - like AD level.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-16-2013, 03:15 PM
If any is true, no way bjork is in on this. Youve lost your mind

CapHillDawg
08-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Maybe so, just passing along what's going around in some of the state offices for the schools ED mentioned above.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 03:39 PM
If any is true, no way bjork is in on this. Youve lost your mind

Not to mention Bjork wasn't even there for some of the things being looked at

Just another terrible rumor

HardyStreetAlumniClub
08-16-2013, 03:47 PM
I hate to be the negative nancy here, but I still doubt anything will happen to them. The NCAA is INCAPABLE of handling situations like this.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Is the "IT" hack u were talking about that was coming?? This investigation of tsun players??

the first time time I posted it on 247 was about Chris Jones committing. People were scared because he had shut his coach out of his recruitment and his coach interpreted that as a bad sign and that be was going to OM. That was never the case. He brought everything back into his family and his girlfriends family, who I understand is as close to him as his own. Anyone that says he didnt know for sure until NSD doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Theyre taking one story from his former high school coach and claiming to know everything.

The recent "IT" was in part some of the repercussions OM will suffer from going after CJ Sr. Theyre trying to say its an MSU issue, but anyone notice how MSU compliance didn't even attend the meeting? That's a 100% indicator that the meeting had nothing to do with MSU. All that said, CJ is only a small part of this story. I expect a comprehensive investigation that will cover 5-10 players, over a dozen boosters, multiple coaches, several former recruits, and more.

This is the very tip of the iceberg. Theyre going to want to blame State, but States been complaining about their cheating for years. However, the NCAA seems to pay a little more attention when it comes from Bama, UGA, FSU, Auburn, and maybe others. I expect it to take a long, long time... possibly 2-3 years before any sanctions are handed down. However, I do think there will be sanctions if the NCAA still exist by the time this thing ends.

CapHillDawg
08-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Avon Barksdale wasn't ever in the room with any actual drugs on The Wire, either.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Kailo isn't that good, at least right now, so it would be better for State fans if he played right away. This is coming from an ole miss die hard who attends most of the practices and has watched him with his own eyes. Kailo basically just runs up into the backs of folks and gets bushwhacked. But while Kailo sucks right now, Kemdeeeechee and the frosh WR are legit stars.

It's also crazy that the guy I know never BS's me and that they [ole miss folk] don't know about all this magical stuff that MSU fans apparently know from their "inside sources." You'd think they would be scared. Maybe they are in denial.

It will be interesting to hear how this turns out. One thing you can know for sure is that if its the NCAA, they will surely screw everything up. Heck they may not even be the governing authority for the SEC by the time they get their ducks together on this. They haven't even come out with a final reprimand on the Miami stuff yet (I don't think).

PassInterference
08-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Hopefully, it takes a couple years to hammer out. As time goes on, hopefully more public confirmations come indicating that different players and coaches are being looked at. A good public 2 year investigation like XenaReb produced would essentially be 2 years of informal scholarship reductions. In that 2 years of uncertainty, crootin will be down for them like it was for Sherrill.

The actual probation may or may not be worse than the 2 year dark cloud.

In the end, they get what they deserve.

Moving forward, I think that Bulldog Nation is of like mind that MSU and OM *could* peacefully co-exist by playing with honor among cheaters, as the rest of the SEC does. Wine and dine your people. Croot your recruits. But leave that egomanical Merry Flipmas big library weekend shit out of the equation. Play be the street's rules or get kicked out of the street.

PassInterference
08-16-2013, 04:40 PM
It will be interesting to hear how this turns out. One thing you can know for sure is that if its the NCAA, they will surely screw everything up. Heck they may not even be the governing authority for the SEC by the time they get their ducks together on this. They haven't even come out with a final reprimand on the Miami stuff yet (I don't think).

Miami is a different story. The NCAA has legal issues of their own in that case. I wouldn't judge any other case using a Miami precedent.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Hopefully, it takes a couple years to hammer out. As time goes on, hopefully more public confirmations come indicating that different players and coaches are being looked at. A good public 2 year investigation like XenaReb produced would essentially be 2 years of informal scholarship reductions. In that 2 years of uncertainty, crootin will be down for them like it was for Sherrill.

Moving forward, I think that Bulldog Nation is of like mind that MSU and OM *could* peacefully co-exist by playing with honor among cheaters, as the rest of the SEC does. Wine and dine your people. Croot your recruits. But leave that egomanical Merry Flipmas big library weekend shit out of the equation. Play be the street's rules or get kicked out of the street.

excellent. I agree on all fronts.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Miami is a different story. The NCAA has legal issues of their own in that case. I wouldn't judge any other case using a Miami precedent.

my point is they may very well do the same stupid mess in this case, as well.

and that the power conferences are going to break away eventually anyhow.

but yeah the cloud of the investigation is going to be very damaging, plus the fact that while you are being stared at, you can't really cheat that much. that's what happened to state when the cam scandal was going on. we couldn't get our cheat on. bad recruiting class in terms of closing the guys on the fence.

Sandman14
08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
and while we are talking, apparently the OM folks agree that their QB has been atrocious...and they are very concerned on that issue....he's throwing ducks..

Percho
08-16-2013, 05:06 PM

But they just, "rented," for a year.

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Excellent post and I would be OK and would agree to recruiting peacefully as you say without all of the ridiculous hat parties, Flipmas, and etc. Unfortunately, I do not believe Ole Miss can help themselves. They're always going to want to do crap like that. In the meantime, we're just going to continue to recruit like we do and see mostly positive results on the field.

The thing that State fans have to be careful of is not expecting them to get too much in terms of sanctions. Any State fan that thinks that they are going to get the death penalty is going to be disappointed. I don't think that's what is going to happen. I do think they will get sanctions- probably more along the lines of what USC got which would be relatively worse to Ole Miss since they won't fill 15 spots up with all 4-5 star recruits.

The other thing that has been discussed in this thread that State fans have to be prepared for are Ole Miss fans blaming this all on MSU. We need to hammer home the point that this is NOT us and is more about Georgia and the other big boys. They are going to repeat, repeat, repeat again that it's MSU turning them in until some State fans actually end up believing it. Let's not let that happen on the message boards. I am 100% sure that when this is all over that they are going to try to turn us in to the NCAA for whomever, and they are going to say "well, it's because YOU turned us in first" even though that is not the truth.

On that note, I just hope that we stay as clean as possible in the meantime and that the Will Redmond situation is turned into a blessing in disguise by exposing the weakness of our compliance dept. I hope that weakness gets corrected in the meantime.

MaroonDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 05:13 PM
If you guys had to guess as to what the sanctions will be, what do you think that tsun gets? What would be major sanctions if it comes out as bad as people on here think?

MaroonDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 05:15 PM
I also hope that one of the former players is pat pat. I think they cheated to get him.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
If you guys had to guess as to what the sanctions will be, what do you think that tsun gets? What would be major sanctions if it comes out as bad as people on here think?

No idea at this time- nobody knows until the NCAA keeps talking to people. Hell, we dont even know who all they have talked to at this point. You know OM isnt going to let anyone know

Percho
08-16-2013, 05:20 PM
J R on 56 today said Bo Boy is throwing B B's

MaroonDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 05:21 PM
If they get away with this,then nothing will be done to them ever. I would give up on them ever being caught. My stepdad who is a bigtime rebel fan says if u got something let it out lets hear it otherwise you have to say its good recruiting. He says I don't pay attention to what people say on the internet anybody can post garbage. I'm tired of State fans saying we're cheating if we are prove it and if u can't prove it then shut up about it. I hope they get busted big time so I can tell him there you go you cheated and now you are busted.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
In my humble opinion I think the quotes from Pete Boone in this article show that the Forward Rebels Campaign may be responsible for the culture at om and why they may be facing criticism. One of forward rebels' main goals was to oust Pete Boone and change the direction of the administration. I think this quote is really quite telling :
"“I’m so focused on compliance. Y’all have been reading about all the issues out there. That’s not going to happen at Ole Miss. Maybe other than Vanderbilt, Ole Miss may be the only school since our 1994 (NCAA investigation) — which brought me into this world — without a major investigation from the NCAA.We’re going to have institutional control.

“But when you do that you’re telling a coach he can’t do this or that.You’re putting monitors in place, and they say, ‘You don’t trust me.’That’s just the nature. To me, the integrity of Ole Miss is at stake. I’m going to do everything I can do, and my boss expects me to do that. Those kinds of things build up over time.”"
http://mrsec.com/2011/06/ums-boone-dealing-with-angry-boosters/

Ronny
08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
The money forked out is increasing exponentially, while the wins hover between the 2-6 range. Someone should really revamp their business school with this type of shit. They might actually have a BBall arena that doesnt have rain delays if they put all this money into something that produced results. What a bunch of clowns. Might I add though, that they had to fork out a total of around $80k for CJ as an instate guy. Going 2 states away, and stealing from a BCS contender is going to cost a good deal more. So $300k isn't that unreasonable to think they forked out.

From the Albert Means wikipedia page:

In January 2001, former Trezevant assistant coach Milton Kirk asserted that head coach Lynn Lang had let colleges know that for $200,000 Lang would arrange for Means to play for Alabama. Kirk said that in the fall of 1999, he'd helped Lang broker a deal with several Alabama boosters in the Memphis area. During the fall, he'd gotten $30,000 from the boosters. The other $170,000 was paid when Means signed with the Crimson Tide in December.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means

12 years later, inflation coupled with rising costs of selling players to highest bidders would put you at the $300k mark for whomever was brokering Tunsil.

messageboardsuperhero
08-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Excellent post and I would be OK and would agree to recruiting peacefully as you say without all of the ridiculous hat parties, Flipmas, and etc. Unfortunately, I do not believe Ole Miss can help themselves. They're always going to want to do crap like that. In the meantime, we're just going to continue to recruit like we do and see mostly positive results on the field.

The thing that State fans have to be careful of is not expecting them to get too much in terms of sanctions. Any State fan that thinks that they are going to get the death penalty is going to be disappointed. I don't think that's what is going to happen. I do think they will get sanctions- probably more along the lines of what USC got which would be relatively worse to Ole Miss since they won't fill 15 spots up with all 4-5 star recruits.

The other thing that has been discussed in this thread that State fans have to be prepared for are Ole Miss fans blaming this all on MSU. We need to hammer home the point that this is NOT us and is more about Georgia and the other big boys. They are going to repeat, repeat, repeat again that it's MSU turning them in until some State fans actually end up believing it. Let's not let that happen on the message boards. I am 100% sure that when this is all over that they are going to try to turn us in to the NCAA for whomever, and they are going to say "well, it's because YOU turned us in first" even though that is not the truth.

On that note, I just hope that we stay as clean as possible in the meantime and that the Will Redmond situation is turned into a blessing in disguise by exposing the weakness of our compliance dept. I hope that weakness gets corrected in the meantime.

I agree with everything here pretty much, but especially the bolded paragraph. UM absolutely loves that their fans are turning this into an MSU thing; that gives them a scapegoat and takes the pressure off of them cheating. They will let their fanbase be ignorant to what's really going on, so long as the administration and big boosters aren't getting the blame.

Boya
08-16-2013, 09:58 PM
I agree with everything here pretty much, but especially the bolded paragraph. UM absolutely loves that their fans are turning this into an MSU thing; that gives them a scapegoat and takes the pressure off of them cheating. They will let their fanbase be ignorant to what's really going on, so long as the administration and big boosters aren't getting the blame.

Since Mullen came on board we have done everything we can to alienate UM. The hope was that those fools would do exactly what they did....try to "put us in our place" and get caught cheating resulting in crippling Sanctions. Now we are in a great position to sit back and watch the whole thing burn down.

Maybe we aren't specifically involved in this meltdown but we sure as hell have a role in how all this has played out.

BossDawg
08-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Since Mullen came on board we have done everything we can to alienate UM. The hope was that those fools would do exactly what they did....try to "put us in our place" and get caught cheating resulting in crippling Sanctions. Now we are in a great position to sit back and watch the whole thing burn down.

You know, this same thought has been in the back of my mind for a while. Needle them so much and get on their nerves to the point where they do stupid shit in order to get bragging rights "back" over State. You know, whatever it takes.

But even if the NCAA has some solid evidence on OM, I just don't have the confidence that they will even make an effort to slow their roll.

dawgoneyall
08-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Does any of this have to do with the "Colonel Club" if such a group exists.

Heard that club/group spent 1.5 to 1.75 Million on that recruiting class.

dawgoneyall
08-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Any new organization will not and can't allow cheating such as the bears were involved with these past 2-3 years.

maroonmania
08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
You know, this same thought has been in the back of my mind for a while. Needle them so much and get on their nerves to the point where they do stupid shit in order to get bragging rights "back" over State. You know, whatever it takes.

But even if the NCAA has some solid evidence on OM, I just don't have the confidence that they will even make an effort to slow their roll.

Well I'm not sure if we needled them to have that exact effect but it seems that is exactly what happened. OM has always had more booster involvement in recruiting than we have overall BUT it was really not until after the 2010 season while we were at the Gator Bowl and they were sitting home with a losing record after a second straight Egg Bowl loss that they seemed to throw caution to the wind and pulled all the late shenanigans with the 2011 signing class that got them CJ Johnson among others but in that case they seemingly kept the shenanigans to mostly in state players. Since then they just seem to have gotten more and more brazen in what they are doing recruiting wise and apparently with the arrogance where they believe they are untouchable. And to be honest, if they hadn't gone outside of the state borders of MS with some of this stuff lately, I DO believe the NCAA would have ignored them. As has been stated here, it certainly seems to be the heavy hitter programs that have lost some players to OM in mysterious ways since Freeze moved into town that has gotten the ball rolling and now the can of worms over the entire past few years has apparently been opened.

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 10:52 PM

Maybe we aren't specifically involved in this meltdown but we sure as hell have a role in how all this has played out.

I don't that was necessarily the "gameplan" any more than Ole Miss losing to Jacksonville State was part of the "gameplan". Sometimes things just kind of happen.

I think the reality is Dan is a good coach overall but unlike Tyler he actually tries to do things on the up and up as much as possible and he doesn't have the baggage that Jackie had. So, because of that- it's more difficult to "put us in our place". Because Dan is a good coach we have started to win consistently and also we have started to defeat them consistently. The last time Ole Miss was on probation, we proceeded to land a 3-8 egg including a loss to Ole Miss at home as well as a loss to Northeast Louisiana despite having TWO first round draft picks on the team in Eric Moulds and Walt Harris. And then there were rumors of Jackie being fired after we lost to La Tech in 96 until Jackie saved himself by upsetting Alabama and then winning the Egg Bowl. But we weren't able to put Ole Miss away at that time even though the door was wide open. That loss in 95 was really big in hindsight because had we won that Egg Bowl we would have won six out of seven Egg Bowls between 1993 and 1999. With the one loss being a one point loss on what was essentially the last play of the game of a game that we completely dominated for three and a half quarters.

I also think that Dan has a sustainable long term plan- Jackie signed too many JUCO's and it started to put a major strain on us. Especially when they stopped producing. We are winning the state in terms of productive college players- as in how they actually turn out once they get to MSU and develop as players. In years past, a guy like Vick Ballard goes to USM and Benardrick McKinney probably ends up somewhere like Memphis or Jackson State.

We just have to be prepared to defend ourselves when the time comes. But the good news is I highly doubt we're also going to have Georgia, Alabama, Florida State, etc pissed off at us as well.

paco
08-17-2013, 04:17 AM
They didn't spend $1.5m on their recruiting class. They have $1.5m in their slush fund.

PassInterference
08-17-2013, 08:22 AM
What happened to Forward Rebels? They had a slush fund open to public contribution. Forward Rebels spent a hell of a lot of money on very expensive full page ads in several big newspapers. Forward Rebels got their desired athletic department turnover. Then what happened to the money?

http://www.jasoninch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/jerrymaguiremoney.jpeg

What could have happened to that organized booster controlled fund that obviously had a lot of money in it? The gatekeepers to that money are well known. Should be easy to find out if they donated their war chest to The Universahtay. I'm guessing they did something else with it - like fund those bastard's most expensive recruiting class to date.

Maybe we need Forward Bulldogs with KFC buckets or some such for public contributions. Our logo could be a Bulldog doing a Yancy wink.

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 09:02 AM
that's an excellent question...

how did Forward Rebels discourse the money the raised after they stopped their publicity campaign?

mic
08-17-2013, 10:22 AM

The Golson flip is still the one that is most suspicious to me..
Just go back and read some of the quotes from him. UM wasn't even on his radar till late in year. Kid was a FSU commit since Apr 2011.
His FIRST EVER visit on Jan 19 weekend the first thing about Um he said was "they got pretty girls.".... Jenn Sterger thinks that statement was ridiculous..

gravedigger
08-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Why "no way" is an athletic dr in on this?

At the very least he's complicit in the culture that existed. And make no mistake, Archie knew damn well he couldn't select someone that might not listen to their cigar boys.

OilBoyHail
08-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Wonder why Robert Kimdeiche isn't practicing? My cousin is a big Reb, involved in "recruiting clubs" he said they are holding he and CJ out for "injuries" and he said he's not worried about their physical status, he's worried about the legal status

Coach34
08-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Wonder why Robert Kimdeiche isn't practicing? My cousin is a big Reb, involved in "recruiting clubs" he said they are holding he and CJ out for "injuries" and he said he's not worried about their physical status, he's worried about the legal status

I dont see them holding anyone out. Just my opinion though

OilBoyHail
08-17-2013, 12:16 PM
I agree. My take from what he sent me was that in the circles he runs in, they are worried or at least viewing things differently than the staff because from the stuff he knows some guys could be seriously hit. They cover up good though, 300k for tunsil off though, not that high. That was the OL pool though

Political Hack
08-17-2013, 12:43 PM

LMAO

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/7d3684a32f3881a423b5cad50995ceb21730148770-150x150.jpg&imgrefurl=http://totalfratmove.com/ole-miss-qb-bo-wallace-gets-punched-in-the-face-at-fraternity-party/&h=150&w=150&sz=9&tbnid=OU9GyMRlgVk7uM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=100&zoom=1&usg=__q4X2RAVy1yTYlTKsZ_P3PIdRkgY=&docid=7W6I6bW7AdLQ7M&sa=X&ei=F7YPUqyDD6qY2QXNs4DoAQ&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAA&dur=125

biggun
08-17-2013, 03:01 PM

IMO, Hack's last sentence will determine the validity of many of the stories and rumors flying around TSUN lately, especially regarding Tunsil and A.Golson. If both of them play against Vandy, which just 3 weeks was a 100% given that both would play early and often against the Commodores, then all signs will point to "much adieu about nothing" regarding the massive investigation into the Rebel program and the rumors of their demise will disappear quicker than a fart in a wind.

Here's hoping for news next week that Tunsil has an "ankle" and Golson a "hammy strain" which will prevent both of them from making the trip to Nashville!!

AlSwearengen
08-17-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm admittedly way out of my lane when it comes to knowing how the ncaa works, so here are my questions. If Golson and Tunsil, or for that matter any player in this past recruiting class is made to sit, what does that say about how far along the investigation is? Does the ncaa need to have some evidence of wrong doing to advise a school to sit a player? How long has it been since the ncaa started looking into cj johnson? They just recently (past week) talked to chris jones, so have they already checked on the others? I just find it surprising that they would have had time to look into the players mentioned by hack.

Coach34
08-17-2013, 03:27 PM
How long has it been since the ncaa started looking into cj johnson? They just recently (past week) talked to chris jones, so have they already checked on the others? I just find it surprising that they would have had time to look into the players mentioned by hack.

That's what nobody really knows at this point. They could have been investigating for 2 months or 2 weeks

Sandman14
08-17-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm on record as saying this is a huge farce and you'll see every one of these guys playing against Vandy...the ones that are good enough to play, anyhow...and if anything comes of any of this it will be 3 years from now.

I don't care if I'm wrong or right...frankly I'm not that big on seeing people go on probation. My position is that you should just "try harder" if you are getting beaten on the recruiting trail. But anyway, from where I'm standing, this is all a bunch of hogwash started as rumors by MSU folk.

Kemdeechee supposedly has been practicing so I don't know what that talk is about. But hey, I of course am not a witness.

NCAA is definitely in Oxford and interviewing folks, though. so it's not like the whole matter is baseless. I just don't see any substantiation for these rank rumors about specific players.

Coach34
08-17-2013, 09:21 PM
Soooooo, Sandman say its a farce- but the NCAA is definitely interviewing players

Gotcha

Marooned
08-17-2013, 09:23 PM
the boosters have always run Ole Miss' program. During the Brewer era and even before him you didn't play if you weren't a booster's child.

CadaverDawg
08-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Soooooo, Sandman say its a farce- but the NCAA is definitely interviewing players

Gotcha

Typical.

Todd4State
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
IMO, Hack's last sentence will determine the validity of many of the stories and rumors flying around TSUN lately, especially regarding Tunsil and A.Golson. If both of them play against Vandy, which just 3 weeks was a 100% given that both would play early and often against the Commodores, then all signs will point to "much adieu about nothing" regarding the massive investigation into the Rebel program and the rumors of their demise will disappear quicker than a fart in a wind.

Here's hoping for news next week that Tunsil has an "ankle" and Golson a "hammy strain" which will prevent both of them from making the trip to Nashville!!

And since when has Ole Miss not been about perception ever? I expect them to play all of those guys and vacate the games later if they win. Even their most delusional people don't expect a SEC title or anything like that. They don't have anything to lose really. They are not going to admit guilt that easily. And on top of that, I fully expect them to fight all of this as well.

When they play those guys they can say to their masses "See elitedawgs, Coach and Flab were all wrong! Nothing to see here! It's MSU that's going to be on probation! Mordecai 12:34 and Fins up!"

Plus, they paid way too much on these players to not get anything out of them.

CadaverDawg
08-17-2013, 09:38 PM
And since when has Ole Miss not been about perception ever? I expect them to play all of those guys and vacate the games later if they win. Even their most delusional people don't expect a SEC title or anything like that. They don't have anything to lose really. They are not going to admit guilt that easily. And on top of that, I fully expect them to fight all of this as well.

When they play those guys they can say to their masses "See elitedawgs, Coach and Flab were all wrong! Nothing to see here! It's MSU that's going to be on probation! Mordecai 12:34 and Fins up!"

Plus, they paid way too much on these players to not get anything out of them.

This is spot on.

Todd4State
08-17-2013, 09:39 PM
the boosters have always run Ole Miss' program. During the Brewer era and even before him you didn't play if you weren't a booster's child.

Or were a 4-5 star recruit. You are right- they have more legacies on their team than any other program I have ever see except for maybe Alabama.

There are two things that are certain to make Ole Miss fans mad.

1. MSU getting a 4-5 star recruit. Especially one from a high profile high school in Mississippi like Madison Central, Olive Branch, or South Panola.

2. MSU getting an Ole Miss legacy to play football for them. If we had gotten Peyton or Eli to come to MSU, we would probably have to provide them with some sort of bodyguards. When Peyton went to Tennessee, they completely lost it. And that was pre-Internet recruiting.

Marooned
08-17-2013, 09:45 PM
if they sit them that is usually a good indication that the school feels there could be problems with there eligibility. If they played them and then they are ruled ineligible then they forfit all those games they played in, a chance most schools don't risk taking. If OM has CJ, Tunsil, Nkimdashian and others sitting for the Vandy game it is a very good indication they are screwed. They can't hide behind "injuries" because injured players are generally allowed to travel but if there are eligibility issues they cannot travel with team.

AlSwearengen
08-17-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm with Todd on this. I can't imagine olemiss sitting any of their players after watching auburn play cam. I actually think auburn's run of buying players during their stretch emboldened olemiss to a certain extent. Olemiss would much rather win a game and have to vacate it later for perception purposes. And I'm sure, in the back of their minds, they believe their lawyers are going to fight off any penalties from the ncaa.

RougeDawg
08-18-2013, 05:31 AM
They didn't spend $1.5m on their recruiting class. They have $1.5m in their slush fund.

Why not? They've been known to spend upwards of $100k on single recruits. And if the spent the alleged $300K on Tunsil, the $1.5 mil is on the low end of last year if you can connect the dots.

msstate7
08-18-2013, 08:46 AM
I'm with Todd on this. I can't imagine olemiss sitting any of their players after watching auburn play cam. I actually think auburn's run of buying players during their stretch emboldened olemiss to a certain extent. Olemiss would much rather win a game and have to vacate it later for perception purposes. And I'm sure, in the back of their minds, they believe their lawyers are going to fight off any penalties from the ncaa.

I agree they probably won't sit any players. OM should be careful though if they're using auburn and cam as their example of how to handle these situations. Auburn was a national champion contender with the premier player in college football. The NCAA and sec were looking for any reason to let it go. OM is nowhere near that position. If the NCAA levels OM with penalties, who outside of MS will even care? Will it hurt the sec or tv ratings? In fact, I can see OM getting harsh penalties just so the NCAA looks tough again. I can even see the sec offering up OM as a sacrifice to protect the real players in this conference.

Bully13
08-18-2013, 08:52 AM
I agree they probably won't sit any players. OM should be careful though if they're using auburn and cam as their example of how to handle these situations. Auburn was a national champion contender with the premier player in college football. The NCAA and sec were looking for any reason to let it go. OM is nowhere near that position. If the NCAA levels OM with penalties, who outside of MS will even care? Will it hurt the sec or tv ratings? In fact, I can see OM getting harsh penalties just so the NCAA looks tough again. I can even see the sec offering up OM as a sacrifice to protect the real players in this conference.

this is what I'm thinking and hoping will happen. makes sense 7

Mullen'EmOver
08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Do you think there's a way we can get the NCAA to reach out to Elijah Daniels and question him? Since he was involved in the Kim Deechy and jones three way, you would think he knows the inside scoop??

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Who's to say he hasn't already been talked to?

MaroonState
08-18-2013, 11:07 AM
I find it hard to believe anything will come from this. A school with alums willing to bribe judges and buy players from big time programs won't hesitate to payoff the NCAA investigators to make this all go away. Just sayin.

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I find it hard to believe anything will come from this. A school with alums willing to bribe judges and buy players from big time programs won't hesitate to payoff the NCAA investigators to make this all go away. Just sayin.

considering the NCAA investigator in this area's father works at a silk stocking firm in Jackson, those backdoor connections already exist. And I know for a fact that "integrity" is not a characteristic that's a part of their investigative tactics.

32 Dive
08-18-2013, 02:42 PM
This had been my primary concern. "IT" going away.

If this were a Us vs Them kind of thing, I'd be convinced of it. But some more influential programs seem to be the catalyst to this inquiry. Therefore, I assume that the weight of the big boys may be too much for any network of influence to overcome.

Then again, I'm wrong in making any assumption with any NCAA matter. They could have overwhelming proof, and do nothing. They could also have marginal proof, and nuke them to 1992. Anywhere in-between should not surprise me, I guess.

Political Hack
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM
exactly 32, there's no predictability as to what the sanctions will be even if we knew every single detail of the issues they're looking into.

The NCAA is about as consistent as Khao.

Sandman14
08-18-2013, 06:59 PM

Gotcha

kemdeeche is practicing. the sky is not falling. imminent doom is not certain.

take it for what it is.

I really take offense to the sorry remarks about "us getting NCAA to talk to Daniels." geez. gross.

hate to tell you fellas but these guys are going to be on the field making plays this fall. what happens a year or three from now, we shall see.

I'm glad they have these distractions to deal with. If they have done thing that are wrong and are traceable, I suppose I want them to get busted. frankly, I'd rather see our own recruiting step it up and start closing rather than seeing the sour grapes approach.

state's been on probation before. Ole miss has. many others have. it's time to play football. and I want to whip them come thanksgiving with all their bullets loaded. that will depend on whether Mullen can meet the challenge. We have the horses to be very good.

CadaverDawg
08-18-2013, 07:13 PM
kemdeeche is practicing. the sky is not falling. imminent doom is not certain.

take it for what it is.

I really take offense to the sorry remarks about "us getting NCAA to talk to Daniels." geez. gross.

hate to tell you fellas but these guys are going to be on the field making plays this fall. what happens a year or three from now, we shall see.

I'm glad they have these distractions to deal with. If they have done thing that are wrong and are traceable, I suppose I want them to get busted. frankly, I'd rather see our own recruiting step it up and start closing rather than seeing the sour grapes approach.

state's been on probation before. Ole miss has. many others have. it's time to play football. and I want to whip them come thanksgiving with all their bullets loaded. that will depend on whether Mullen can meet the challenge. We have the horses to be very good.

Would you shut the **** up. Seriously, you don't know jack shit about what you're talking about. Just blah, blah, blah, bump a year old thread, blah, blah.

Do you not realize that if Ole Miss is buying our recruits, it DOES hurt our recruiting. You want to sit there and say, "we need to step up our recruiting" and then say "I don't like the sour grapes stuff"... Without realizing that sometimes they go hand in hand. My God, I have never seen a guy post more shit about something he is clueless about in my life. You don't know shit about the baseball stuff and you know absolutely nothing about football and recruiting it appears.

You aren't fooling anybody.

Sandman14
08-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Would you shut the **** up. Seriously, you don't know jack shit about what you're talking about. Just blah, blah, blah, bump a year old thread, blah, blah.

Do you not realize that if Ole Miss is buying our recruits, it DOES hurt our recruiting. You want to sit there and say, "we need to step up our recruiting" and then say "I don't like the sour grapes stuff"... Without realizing that sometimes they go hand in hand. My God, I have never seen a guy post more shit about something he is clueless about in my life. You don't know shit about the baseball stuff and you know absolutely nothing about football and recruiting it appears.

You aren't fooling anybody.

you are a child, right? at least you are certainly under 23.

Sandman14
08-18-2013, 07:20 PM
and I'll remind you, cadaver, that you get zero points for the baseless ranting. this is a thread about what is and isn't going on with the NCAA and the ole miss program. just breathe deep and look at those holder pictures some more. I'm allowed to state an opinion, right?

hate to break it to you, but the cheating won't stop. about the only school in the SEC that can literally afford to walk the straight and narrow is Bammer. and only them because they have the greatest college football coach who ever walked the earth.

camsu
08-18-2013, 07:40 PM
What we want is fair recruiting. So Sandman wants all schools to just pay for the recruits we want and get into a bidding war with other programs. That's sucking it up and upping our game. Sorry, not for that. NCAA needs to do their job and they will. Sure these players are going to play this year and then we shall see. NCAA just needs to do their job and I think in this case they will. Just move the cheating back to lower level we can all live with, not major payouts as OM is accused of doing. Bring it on NCAA, nail them

Political Hack
08-23-2013, 03:05 PM
LMAO

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://totalfratmove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/7d3684a32f3881a423b5cad50995ceb21730148770-150x150.jpg&imgrefurl=http://totalfratmove.com/ole-miss-qb-bo-wallace-gets-punched-in-the-face-at-fraternity-party/&h=150&w=150&sz=9&tbnid=OU9GyMRlgVk7uM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=100&zoom=1&usg=__q4X2RAVy1yTYlTKsZ_P3PIdRkgY=&docid=7W6I6bW7AdLQ7M&sa=X&ei=F7YPUqyDD6qY2QXNs4DoAQ&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAA&dur=125

This is called "foreshadowing."

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Board/59413/Buddy-of-mine-sent-this-to-me-20781679/1