PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell tells the world his coaching was terrible at OM

Coach34
04-18-2016, 09:21 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Elitedawg34/status/722066114021355520

AlSwearengen
04-18-2016, 09:26 AM
Boosters are going to have to work overtime kissing asses in hopes that some of these prima donnas don't sing.

SignalToNoise
04-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Boosters are going to have to work overtime kissing asses in hopes that some of these prima donnas don't sing.

Not sure why Paidwell would ever roll on them. He had a good college career at OM, seems to be universally loved by the fanbase, and is going to get drafted early. Nothing about that screams "I need some hush money".

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2016, 09:35 AM
That is the thing with the UM big 3, none of them are any better than when they stepped on campus as freshmen. Tunsil could have went to Northeast Community College and still been drafted in the top 3. Has UM actually developed anyone? I realize with someone like Bro Ballace that his arm strength never gave him a chance at the NFL but UM has had a lot of 4 & 5 star recruits that don't get anywhere close to the NFL.

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 09:38 AM
This is why you will see ole miss go hard after a JUCO QB this year.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Not sure why Paidwell would ever roll on them. He had a good college career at OM, seems to be universally loved by the fanbase, and is going to get drafted early. Nothing about that screams "I need some hush money".

He is trying to counteract his sliding down the draft boards saying he has more potential because his coaching sucked. With his vertical and 40 time, I think teams are realizing that he is more of a possession receiver than a true #1. It is similar to how Bear will get a shot at the NFL except Bear has only had coaching for 3 years so he has potential to get a lot better with more coaching.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2016, 09:42 AM
This is why you will see ole miss go hard after a JUCO QB this year.

I doubt that since they signed Patterson. You definitely don't want to upset your golden boy and break promises of a starting job given to him. It would affect their recruiting which everyone knows is the most important right in front of winning actual games.

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 09:48 AM
I doubt that since they signed Patterson. You definitely don't want to upset your golden boy and break promises of a starting job given to him. It would affect their recruiting which everyone knows is the most important right in front of winning actual games.

Patterson will not be developed well enough to be a SEC QB under Freeze. They will have to go JUCO or they will be in some serious shit the season after next. They already lost two four star qb's and all they have left after Patterson is two other Freshmen.

You really think Patterson will be ready to go season after next? Freeze is not stupid he has to win or his ass will be thrown under the bus.

Four years from now patterson will look back and say to him self "Gee I F UP"

DawgPoundLazer
04-18-2016, 09:52 AM
And then there's this......http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15159447/should-teams-worry-robert-nkemdic-nfl-future

Nkemdiche wants a pet panther and doesn't understand why people think that's odd.

TrapGame
04-18-2016, 10:08 AM
Patterson will not be developed well enough to be a SEC QB under Freeze. They will have to go JUCO or they will be in some serious shit the season after next. They already lost two four star qb's and all they have left after Patterson is two other Freshmen.

You really think Patterson will be ready to go season after next? Freeze is not stupid he has to win or his ass will be thrown under the bus.

I can see Patterson transferring after this season, sitting out a year and then make Hugh Freeze look like a shit for brains QB coach.

AlSwearengen
04-18-2016, 10:09 AM

I'm not talking specifically about Treadwell reallly, but as a booster, i would get a little nervous with that tweet combined with everything else that has been going on up there lately.

If the hospital scene after Treadwell broke his leg went down as some people claim, there could be bad blood somewhere. Doubt he would sing, but I would still be nervous.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-18-2016, 10:17 AM

Rumor is that Jason Pellerin (sp?) is transferring out as well....not surprising given this stat:
"Manning left in 2003, and his successor, Michael Spurlock, led the team in passing in 2005 (though with more interceptions, nine, than touchdowns, seven). That's the last time a high school quarterback signed with Ole Miss and eventually led the team in passing; the ensuing decade has been a motley mix of transfers and juco signees, with wildly varying degrees of success (Jevan Snead, Bo Wallace) and failure (Brent Schaeffer, Barry Brunetti)."

BeardoMSU
04-18-2016, 10:18 AM
I can see Patterson transferring after this season, sitting out a year and then make Hugh Freeze look like a shit for brains QB coach.

And why would he do that, when the following season, the position would be his for the taking?

TrapGame
04-18-2016, 10:19 AM
And why would he do that, when the following season, the position would be his for the taking?

I'm adding to what Jack was saying about going the JUCO route for a QB.

starkvegasdawg
04-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Y'all have to understand. Freeze and Co. are not good at diagramming plays on the field. Their specialty is the one below. I've heard it is their favorite. According to the playbook I stole a copy of it is NCAA evasion on three at the Holiday Inn.

This is a read and react play. It starts when the NCAA investigator knocks on the motel room door. The hooker is lined up to the far left and the OM player is in the slot. At the knock the hooker immediately motions right and gets the burner off phone off the nightstand and then reverses direction and runs a fly pattern out the window. The om player makes a quick move right to get the red duffel bag and then heads into the backfield before cutting up field into the bathroom. There he hides the duffelbag under the sink cabinet and grabs the weed off the lavatory. He then goes further right and flushes the weed down the toilet. (At this point if the NCAA investigator is showing blitz and demanding to be let in the om player can improvise and say he'll be right there. He just needs to get some clothes on.) He then quickly cuts back left and fakes a move up field again but just far enough to grab the Bible off the nightstand. He reverses motion back again and pauses briefly in the backfield to make sure the hooker has successfully cleared the field of play and closed the window behind her and then he goes into the right flat and opens the door for the investigator, Bible in hand, and says he was just starting his daily devotion before heading to volunteer at the soup kitchen.

http://i.imgur.com/fG1N7tl.png

Coach34
04-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Fantastic

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2016, 10:44 AM
No way Patterson transfers after this year. The job has been promised to him on a silver platter much like it was promised to Chad Kelly last year. For better or worse he's their guy for the future. If they take a Juco it will be as an insurance policy in case Patterson gets hurt.

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 10:55 AM
No way Patterson transfers after this year. The job has been promised to him on a silver platter much like it was promised to Chad Kelly last year. For better or worse he's their guy for the future. If they take a Juco it will be as an insurance policy in case Patterson gets hurt.

No way they keep him in if he screws up a bunch.

TrapGame
04-18-2016, 11:13 AM

Freeze's MO has been getting a JUCO guy. Can he actually coach up Patterson?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Freeze's MO has been getting a JUCO guy. Can he actually coach up Patterson?

Whether he can coach him up is another story but he's hitched his wagon to Patterson & however Patterson goes so goes Freeze.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2016, 11:18 AM
No way they keep him in if he screws up a bunch.

They've mortgaged everything for this kid. He's going to have to screw up a whole season for them to even think of benching him & even then there will be excuses like he's a young QB who's just going through growing pains. They've done too much for this kid & his family to not go down with him. If not his dad is the type to talk.... A LOT.

Coach34
04-18-2016, 11:22 AM
Mr 7 on 7 isn't going anywhere. He will get some time this year for experience and then take over as a Soph.

PassInterference
04-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Its good to see Treadwell confirm what should be obvious to everybody - that Ole Miss signs talent which they can't coach very much. Ole Miss is a free agent school. Take the swag, play some ball to whatever ability you have, then move on to the next gig.

Any player that wants to develop themself into a next-level baller should not attend Ole Miss.

AlSwearengen
04-18-2016, 11:38 AM
They've mortgaged everything for this kid. He's going to have to screw up a whole season for them to even think of benching him & even then there will be excuses like he's a young QB who's just going through growing pains. They've done too much for this kid & his family to not go down with him. If not his dad is the type to talk.... A LOT.

Someone was saying, probably here or maybe on the other board that Team Patterson's visits to the grove were epic in terms of making the handshake rounds.

I also want to say that in the same discussion, it was said that they were a little off putting to some of the olemiss people. Everyone came to the conclusion that he would fit right in with that bunch.

BulldogBear
04-18-2016, 12:19 PM
"You must spread some reputation, blah blah blah...starkvegasdawg"

Maroonthirteen
04-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Well...damn. If there is one thing I have learned as a State fan....karma is a female dog. Based on this thread, I fully expect him to throw for 10 TDs next 4 Egg Bowl. Haha

thf24
04-18-2016, 01:40 PM
So despite being promised the starting job, bro on staff, yaddy yah, there's no chance Patterson doesn't want to spend half or more of his college career on a team decaying due to potential scholarship reductions, under a potential post-season ban, that he might not wholeheartedly have wanted to play for anyway? Just hypothetically if some/all of that does come down.

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 01:46 PM

I have seen numerous times at all schools, what they tell you to get you on campus isn't what happens when you get to campus.

I hope Freeze isn't stupid enough to piss off an entire fan base just so not to piss off an family. Anyways Ole Miss has a trump card and that trump card is his brothers job.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2016, 02:23 PM
I have seen numerous times at all schools, what they tell you to get you on campus isn't what happens when you get to campus.

I hope Freeze isn't stupid enough to piss off an entire fan base just so not to piss off an family. Anyways Ole Miss has a trump card and that trump card is his brothers job.

I would consider the brothers job a trump card more in Patterson's favor than OM.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-18-2016, 03:24 PM

I hope Freeze isn't stupid enough to piss off an entire fan base just so not to piss off an family. Anyways Ole Miss has a trump card and that trump card is his brothers job..

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 03:32 PM

Most likely and probably would and has.

RocketDawg
04-18-2016, 05:46 PM

With the $millions$ he will get by signing in the NFL, it's going to take something other than a small bribe to get him to not talk if he wants to talk. The small amount of money will soon mean nothing to him.

BossDawg
04-18-2016, 05:47 PM

Wonder if the NCAA is aware of the borderline pedophilic activities UM fans went through to drag him there.

mic
04-18-2016, 06:08 PM
There's a reason no one in the last 5 years have wanted any of their assistants coaches...
The only one I can think of to get a job elsewhere is Allen....

Spiderman
04-19-2016, 08:23 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/Elitedawg34/status/722066114021355520

I got dogged out by any Rebel I asked if Treadwell could run or catch anything other than a hitch route or back shoulder fade. Maybe a slant a couple times a year.

Pretty easy to coach that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-19-2016, 08:32 AM
There's a reason no one in the last 5 years have wanted any of their assistants coaches...
The only one I can think of to get a job elsewhere is Allen....

I'd think Wesley McGriff would fall into that category. He was a huge part of their 2013 class and then suddenly left for the saints. He's back in the SEC at Auburn now.

coastdoglover
04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Whether he can coach him up is another story but he's hitched his wagon to Patterson & however Patterson goes so goes Freeze.

Patterson isn't going anywhere, he and his brother are on the gravy train from the network and big brother isn't going to let anything happen.