PDA

View Full Version : What do we expect in OM's LOA on Friday?

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Ok, back to regular scheduled programing....

I believe Friday is April 22nd and exactly 90 days from the day OM received their letter from the NCAA.

Here's what I expect:

1. The letter willbe released at exactly 5:00 on Friday

2. It will be extremely self serving, play to their fans, and maybe Evan some lies

PassInterference
04-17-2016, 09:05 PM
Who says OM is going to release anything? They owe a response to the NCAA, not to the public.

OM is not going to release anything. They may have already responded.

When media asks, Bjork will pump sunshine and lie about transparency as usual.

Coach34
04-17-2016, 10:11 PM
I expect to hear nothing as usual

BossDawg
04-18-2016, 02:19 AM
I'm amazed at how they're keeping everything so quiet. It's gotta be some good stuff considering how they're stalling.

Bully13
04-18-2016, 06:41 AM
Isn't this just round 1?... isn't round 1 the weak stuff? Round 2 should have more damning violations, no? I'm not expecting much Friday

Bucky Dog
04-18-2016, 06:59 AM
I expect butterflies and candy canes! Nothing to see here*****

LeakyD
04-18-2016, 07:02 AM
Every step of the way, the new info has been worse than what OM has leaked. No reason to believe that the next round will be any different. Wouldn't be surprised if Round 1 is worse than what even we expect, especially if they're disputing some of the allegations.

Example: They're saying Tunsil is 5 of the violations. NCAA might group his whole ordeal into one, leaving 8 more under Freeze(if 9 under Freeze is true number). No way to know until they're forced to reveal it.

Dawgology
04-18-2016, 08:26 AM

I believe Friday is April 22nd and exactly 90 days from the day OM received their letter from the NCAA.

Here's what I expect:

2. It will be extremely self serving, play to their fans, and maybe Evan some lies

Response to the NCAA:

(Redacted) (redacted) (redacted) (redacted) (redacted) (redacted).

And in closing, Ole Miss is happy to work with the NCAA on these (redacted) number of (redacted) as we work for transparency and honest competition within our sports program.

Sincerely,
Ross Bjork

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2016, 08:39 AM
http://killingthebuddha.com/wp-content/articleimages/1_redacted.jpg

Jack Lambert
04-18-2016, 08:52 AM
What I am curious to know is when Ole Miss will feel comfortable enough to start handing out book bags again. They are ranted 48th in 247 recruiting class. That's not going to sit well with the homers.

Coach34
04-18-2016, 08:59 AM
With OM using the law firm out of Alabama- that group will file the response to the NCAA- and probably already has. And just like the NOA- good luck seeing it until OM wants you to. I'll really be surprised if anything comes out

BulldogBear
04-18-2016, 09:09 AM
What I am curious to know is when Ole Miss will feel comfortable enough to start handing out book bags again. They are ranted 48th in 247 recruiting class. That's not going to sit well with the homers.

Jeez Jack, they haven't stopped. They are arrogant people. They will deny it till the last moment and even when they are handed down the penalty and accept it, they will still maintain innocence and that it was a witch hunt. They are going to milk it as long as they can and get as many good athletes as they can to try to weather the storm and come out the other side without a bunch of 2-4 win seasons.

If their recruiting has dropped off some, that's likely due to recruits and their families being more wary of what's coming. I highly doubt it's because the shenanigans have stopped.

Liverpooldawg
04-18-2016, 09:19 AM
They won't release anything. They respond to the NCAA, not the public.

TrapGame
04-18-2016, 09:21 AM
Jeez Jack, they haven't stopped. They are arrogant people. They will deny it till the last moment and even when they are handed down the penalty and accept it, they will still maintain innocence and that it was a witch hunt. They are going to milk it as long as they can and get as many good athletes as they can to try to weather the storm and come out the other side without a bunch of 2-4 win seasons.

If their recruiting has dropped off some, that's likely due to recruits and their families being more wary of what's coming. I highly doubt it's because the shenanigans have stopped.

Yep, they are trying to stock up on players like some would on can goods for a storm. But, if Freeze gets the show cause it's over. And the NCAA might make the storm a little too much for them to bear.

LockeDawg
04-18-2016, 03:27 PM
They won't release anything. They respond to the NCAA, not the public.

Correct - they don't owe the public or the media anything and therefore we won't hear a thing.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Correct - they don't owe the public or the media anything and therefore we won't hear a thing.

This is a public institution that is supported by all of MS taxpayers not just buttchuggers and sorostiutes. I would think no matter what when the official verdict is handed down that there would be no way they could avoid the FOA.

Boodawg
04-18-2016, 03:50 PM

They are a state owned University so yes they do owe the public an answer. That's what the FOIA is for right? To get info from state owned businesses. Correct me if I'm wrong. Now I'm sure they will try to and probably succeed in skating around it for a while, but it will come out eventually.

Coach34
04-18-2016, 03:51 PM
They will try to hide it as long as they can until the final verdict- because that will be public

Mjoelner34
04-18-2016, 03:57 PM
If they don't release anything or if they do and it's more redacted than a CIA report, will anybody in the press have the balls to question Bdork about his statement of "We can't wait to tell our side of the story"? I think we know the answer to that.

gravedigger
04-18-2016, 03:58 PM

Here's what I expect:

I expect there to be some reason why it hasnt been made public and that may be all we get to know.

But the reckoning is coming. If they had half a brain theyd have spilled it all a week after signing day so that it would be old news by Labor day.

Doesnt matter to me. As long as it comes out. Heck, middle of football season would be great.

RocketDawg
04-18-2016, 04:43 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if nothing comes out until the final verdict is issued by the NCAA. If it was successfully negotiated out, or proven untrue, we'll never officially know about it.

DancingRabbit
04-18-2016, 05:04 PM
My guess is that we'll see the NOA and response soon after the response is delivered.

I think that all parties mentioned in the NOA must receive a copy of the response. Someone will leak it.

Coach34
04-18-2016, 05:28 PM
My guess is that we'll see the NOA and response soon after the response is delivered.

I think that all parties mentioned in the NOA must receive a copy of the response. Someone will leak it.

"they" say the response has already been delivered

ShotgunDawg
04-18-2016, 05:47 PM
"they" say the response has already been delivered

Interesting... And what are you hearing about such delivery?

Coach34
04-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Interesting... And what are you hearing about such delivery?

just heard Ole Missus has responded already

Dawgowar
04-18-2016, 07:33 PM
just heard Ole Missus has responded already

If delivered and no penalties announced then they are going for the 90 day extension and the Infractions Committee. Means they could not or would not negotiate a settlement. The slow cooker continues to simmer.

Makes sense though from their perspective. If they think the probable penalties are minimal then having it announced well into the summer may prevent them from losing players to immediate transfer. That would allow them to survive and even thrive in year one - might carry over to whatever recruiting methods they will use next. And make no mistake, they will have another angle to work in getting kids to buy in. Not a smart way to go, but they can't help themselves.

Now, if the NCAA really has discovered their nuts again maybe they get their meltdown moment.

PassInterference
04-18-2016, 09:53 PM
This also explains lack of commits.

If Ole Miss were to accept commits, then have those commits bail out after the NOA stuff comes out, it would look real bad. So...its probable that they keep all the commit stuff hush hush and it never sees the light of day of those guys decommit.