PDA

View Full Version : A few football questions...

djaymsu5
04-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Does anyone expect Jamal Couch to be an instant impact player at the outside spot? May be too early

Does Jeffery Simmons, Marquiss Spencer, or Kobe Jones get a chance to play this season or do they all get redshirted? (I see Jefferey as the only one that plays if his situation clears up.)

Does Tiano give Fitz a run for his money?

Am I the only one that thinks Durr is going to be our best corner? I like the way that kid plays and he's quick. He's still learning but he's going to be a good one.

SDDawg
04-17-2016, 10:45 AM
I'll go:

1. Couch will play if he shows the ability to block. We need his size.
2. Simmons plays, I think the others redshirt.
3. Tiano is our #2 by the 3rd game of the season.
4. Durr is the best corner.

msstate7
04-17-2016, 10:58 AM
Are smitherman and stamps gonna be ready this year? Does Morgan-walker RS or play?

mic
04-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Are smitherman and stamps gonna be ready this year? Does Morgan-walker RS or play?

Smitherman yes
Stamps I think is year away
Morgan-walker yes

RocketDawg
04-17-2016, 11:28 AM
I didn't really watch the spring game yesterday. Did Simmons play?

BeardoMSU
04-17-2016, 11:31 AM

He's still in high school...

RocketDawg
04-17-2016, 11:40 AM
He's still in high school...

Slight brain fart. I knew that, just wasn't thinking.

djaymsu5
04-17-2016, 12:47 PM

Yea he wasn't an early enrollee. Wish he would have been cause that whole situation more than likely doesn't happen, he gets on our weight program and already gets experience.

djaymsu5
04-17-2016, 12:49 PM
I'll go:

1. Couch will play if he shows the ability to block. We need his size.
2. Simmons plays, I think the others redshirt.
3. Tiano is our #2 by the 3rd game of the season.
4. Durr is the best corner.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I really hope Couch comes in ready to work and take that job cause we need somebody to step up big.

djaymsu5
04-17-2016, 12:51 PM

I think one of them if not both get chances to play especially during mop up duty but Stamps had a for sure pick yesterday when he read the qbs eyes but dropped it. I can't remember who the QB was.

maroonmania
04-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Maybe it was just the Spring game but Jonas Spivey looks like an impact guy at WR this year. Very impressed with him. Not so much with the other receivers. Mixon and Thomas looked pretty good when they actually caught the ball. Both had a bad case of the dropsies.