PDA

View Full Version : We are going to get swept fellas...

preachermatt83
04-16-2016, 05:48 PM
This aTm team just hits too well. And they are going to destroy our Sunday patchwork job. We might as well focus on somehow squeezing out the series win at Alex Box next weekend. Sadly , that's a tough place to play, I expect a 1-2 weekend and would not be suprised at a sweep. 1-5 is not how we planned these two weekends. After that though we should start rolling again. I think after next weekend we win the remaining series's.

JohnnyQuid
04-16-2016, 05:51 PM
start rigby and pray for the best

another serious gut check for this team tomorrow. avoid the sweep

preachermatt83
04-16-2016, 05:52 PM
I look for us to finish somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-12. I'll take it right now.

MarketingBully
04-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Here we go. This type of thread went up last Friday night after our loss to Florida. My prediction is we take the game tomorrow and take 2 out of 3 from LSU next weekend to go 3-3. The umps and both Sexton and Hudson being off had a lot to do with the Faggies success. I think we win tomorrow because we still have Rigby. Junk pitching shuts the Faggie lineup down so I think we could cool their bats tomorrow. I think we hammer their Sunday starter and we will be tied with A&M after the weekend.

the59dawg
04-16-2016, 05:55 PM
This aTm team just hits too well. And they are going to destroy our Sunday patchwork job. We might as well focus on somehow squeezing out the series win at Alex Box next weekend. Sadly , that's a tough place to play, I expect a 1-2 weekend and would not be suprised at a sweep. 1-5 is not how we planned these two weekends. After that though we should start rolling again. I think after next weekend we win the remaining series's.

Good pitching stops good hitting. Re: Fla. Where were those two pitchers that burned Fla yesterday and today?

basedog
04-16-2016, 05:55 PM
18-12 would be a successful year. This team want give up, even the Sunday game.

Aggies are the best team we have played, they can really hit.

preachermatt83
04-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Here we go. This type of thread went up last Friday night after our loss to Florida. My prediction is we take the game tomorrow and take 2 out of 3 from LSU next weekend to go 3-3. The umps and both Sexton and Hudson being off had a lot to do with the Faggies success. I think we win tomorrow because we still have Rigby. Junk pitching shuts the Faggie lineup down so I think we could cool their bats tomorrow. I think we hammer their Sunday starter and we will be tied with A&M after the weekend.

I sure hope you are right. This aTm team is one of the best hitting teams we've seen in a long time.

JohnnyQuid

kinda feel similar. I always hate absolutes like WE GONNA GET SWEPT BOYS. gotta play the game and so much shit can happen. I'f this was a bad team I'd feel different but losing 2 to a really good aggie club doesn't make me throw in the towel

preachermatt83

Agree 100 percent.

MarketingBully
04-16-2016, 06:02 PM

If we played this week like we did last week, we would be tied in the series. Florida is the best team we have played. A&M is a great hitting team but their pitching staff is nothing like Florida's. We have played like shit more then A&M has beat us. You can't have both Hudson and Sexton not giving their best and expect to win a series. A&M's lineup is similar to ours except our lineup wasn't patient at the plate and our guys basically gave their pitchers breaks by swinging at bad pitches. Couple that with our boneheaded decisions regarding who to pitch in the late innings and you have two losses to a good Aggie team. But by far and away Florida is the best team we have played.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 06:03 PM

Florida swept aTm. We just don't match up well with aTm...

Taog Redloh
04-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Florida swept aTm. We just don't match up well with aTm...
They mixed up their pitching and have been red hot since that Florida sweep. The beat the hell out of Georgia last week. I think they'll eventually come back to earth. We certainly caught them at the wrong time.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 06:09 PM
They mixed up their pitching and have been red hot since that Florida sweep. The beat the hell out of Georgia last week. I think they'll eventually come back to earth. We certainly caught them at the wrong time.
Still, it's hard to say they're the best team in the sec when there's a higher ranked team (Florida) that swept them

Taog Redloh
04-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Still, it's hard to say they're the best team in the sec when there's a higher ranked team (Florida) that swept them

And we beat that higher ranked team at their own field. So, by all means, if you want to be negative, have at it.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 06:13 PM
And we beat that higher ranked team at their own field. So, by all means, if you want to be negative, have at it.

Why does it bother you that I think Florida is the best sec team? How is that negative BTW?

basedog
04-16-2016, 06:58 PM
Let's put it this way, Gators and Aggies are top 10 teams, they both will be hosting a super I think.

Have not a clue what has happened to Hudson and Sexton except they are facing really good hitting teams.

Aggies have put up 10 runs in each game, we have 2 and 6, right now like today, they are just better, doesn't mean we can't beat them. We are close but I think they're overall experience on winning is a huge advantage.

Regardless, I think we will bounce back as our schedule gets a little easier from here on out. Baseball can be a game of streaks, we need to get hot again and I think we will.

Btw, does anyone know what our overall record is for SBW? Seems we have had some big series and come up short several times.

Ralph
04-16-2016, 07:02 PM
My prediction is we get swept. But I also predict we bounce back and take 2/3 vs LSU and sweep one of the remaining series if not multiple.

tireddawg
04-16-2016, 07:05 PM
They're a talented team with juniors & seniors. I think that FL sweep woke em up. Experience took over

CadaverDawg
04-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Can those that use "faggies" please stop.

This ain't Genespage. They aren't "faggies", OM isn't "webels", and we aren't "moo u or leghumpers".

Thanks.

CadaverDawg
04-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Preacher, someone's gotta say it...

I hope this prediction goes as well as O coaching our D-Line today.** ha

GTHOM
04-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Losing to a team that is hitting as well as they are right now is no shame. This team has some grit, theyve won umpteen series in a row no need to jump off the cliff. Will be interested to see how we respond tomorrow and next week. I really wanna win the series vs LSU

maroonmania
04-16-2016, 09:56 PM

Plus, sometimes I almost think Polk was right about the big crowds putting pressure on our players. Besides swinging at a LOT of ball fours so far this weekend, our pitching and defense has just not been sound. My word, that 5 run third inning was just a disaster today defensively. And it doesn't always show up in errors. First, Sexton tried to field a slow roller down the third base line where the only person with a possible chance to throw out the runner was the 3rd baseman because Sexton was going the wrong way to make a throw. And to add to it, just like Small last night, Sexton goes down on his fanny. Then, Marrero guns one over the head of the second baseman trying to get the lag runner in a double steal. THEN, after we had already given up 4 runs and A&M with a runner at 3rd and 2 outs Sexton is unable to get over to first and cover in time to beat the runner on a ball fielded by Lowe down the line. Now the only error in all that mess was the Marrero throw but there were a number of errors for sure just like last night in the 9th where we had two HBP and two botched bunt defensive plays to start the inning but none of that technically gave us an error. I haven't see any such keystone cop defense from A&M all weekend. They look to be a complete team. They have hitters up and down the lineup, solid defensive play everywhere, and a pretty darn good pitching staff. Right now, they are just a better team than us and look to be one of the better teams we've played anytime recently.

preachermatt83
04-16-2016, 10:05 PM
I sure hope you are right my friend.. Sure hope you're right.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-16-2016, 10:48 PM
It sucks that we've played fantastic baseball for 4 out of 5 of our SEC weekends and we could very well only have an 8-7 record to show for it. We needed to sweep Vandy/UGA/OM

MarketingBully
04-17-2016, 12:57 AM
It sucks that we've played fantastic baseball for 4 out of 5 of our SEC weekends and we could very well only have an 8-7 record to show for it. We needed to sweep Vandy/UGA/OM

I'll give you UGA and Ole Miss but I think asking for a sweep in Nashville is a reaching a bit,

JohnnyQuid
04-17-2016, 03:43 AM

vandy is elite - Georgia ****ed up and cohened themselves and probably would have won saturday had they not pulled their ace and OM is no slouch. it would have been nice to get a sweep somewhere but I feel like we'll have at least a couple chances on the back half for sweeps. imo getting a sweep requires either being vastly better or just having shit go ur way that weekend, including luck

bulldogcountry1
04-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Anything can happen on Sunday. Win today, and we are still in good shape. We will be 9-6, and our RPI will be 12 or better. If Pilkinton can give us 4, then we have enough pen to get us through. The law of averages says we are due for a good game, and we aren't going to just roll over.

Taog Redloh
04-17-2016, 08:40 AM
This aTm team just hits too well.
Good pitching will beat good hitting most of the time. Unfortunately our two best guys did not have their best stuff this weekend. I'm just glad they are hitting their wall mid-season rather than toward the end of it.

maroonmania
04-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Good pitching will beat good hitting most of the time. Unfortunately our two best guys did not have their best stuff this weekend. I'm just glad they are hitting their wall mid-season rather than toward the end of it.

Nor last weekend which is becoming quite concerning.

Jack Lambert
04-17-2016, 08:52 AM
I look for us to finish somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-12. I'll take it right now.

This is the last leg of hard part of the road. I honestly think the rest of the road is either down hill or flat. We are better then the teams we have coming up. Not saying we will win every series but I like our chances.

sleepy dawg
04-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Can those that use "faggies" please stop.

This ain't Genespage. They aren't "faggies", OM isn't "webels", and we aren't "moo u or leghumpers".

Thanks.

Since I can't give you any more rep points... Thank you, and I agree.

baseballfan
04-17-2016, 09:11 AM
Losing to a team that is hitting as well as they are right now is no shame. This team has some grit, theyve won umpteen series in a row no need to jump off the cliff. Will be interested to see how we respond tomorrow and next week. I really wanna win the series vs LSU

You are right. TAMU is good this weekend. We are good too...just can't get it done this weekend. Maybe today

I seen it dawg
04-17-2016, 09:21 AM
For those that keep posting about the damn crowd pressuring our players please stop. It's ****ing stupid. Thanks.

shannondawg
04-17-2016, 09:30 AM
I have hope, maybe the Aggies are worn out from getting all those hits in the last two games.

maroonmania
04-17-2016, 09:42 AM
For those that keep posting about the damn crowd pressuring our players please stop. It's ****ing stupid. Thanks.

Lighten up Francis. It was a throwaway comment originating from Polk years ago. Fact is, for whatever reason, we've had multiple defensive lapses this weekend allowing a number of extra runs. Heck, I didn't even bring up the screwup by Mangum in CF yesterday in the T8th letting a ball go right through him that allowed all runners two extra bases ending in a 3 run inning. Elite teams don't botch plays in the field routinely like we do.

I seen it dawg
04-17-2016, 10:47 AM
Maybe we aren't elite....yet

msstate7
04-17-2016, 10:51 AM

We'll know more after today... 3-3 vs aTm and Florida would be impressive. 2-4... Not so much

maroonmania
04-17-2016, 11:07 AM

True. We definitely aren't elite defensively, probably not even in the very good category.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-17-2016, 11:40 AM
I'll give you UGA and Ole Miss but I think asking for a sweep in Nashville is a reaching a bit,
Vandy is definitely not in the same category as UGA or OM but the opportunity was there. If memory serves me right we scored a lot of runs on Sunday

CadaverDawg
04-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Vandy is definitely not in the same category as UGA or OM but the opportunity was there. If memory serves me right we scored a lot of runs on Sunday

If we had abandoned the D Brown Sunday experiment and gone with Pilk, we sweep all 3 of those series. We usually have to bang our heads against the wall and cost ourselves several wins before finally realizing certain guys aren't starting pitchers. It's the MSU/Cohen way.

basedog
04-17-2016, 12:43 PM
If we had abandoned the D Brown Sunday experiment and gone with Pilk, we sweep all 3 of those series. We usually have to bang our heads against the wall and cost ourselves several wins before finally realizing certain guys aren't starting pitchers. It's the MSU/Cohen way.

Hindsight Clint, hindsight. Here is another hindsight, IF Georgia doesn't pull the stud pitcher they probably win the game Saturday and take the series against us. It goes both ways Clint, we will never know, never look back as the future is ahead not behind.

maroonmania
04-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Hindsight Clint, hindsight. Here is another hindsight, IF Georgia doesn't pull the stud pitcher they probably win the game Saturday and take the series against us. It goes both ways Clint, we will never know, never look back as the future is ahead not behind.

Yep, if you watch Daniel Brown yesterday you would wonder why he isn't starting. We've just got way too many pitchers right now that are seemingly feast or famine when they pitch and you just never know which one you are going to get when they walk onto the mound. We are beginning to even lose consistency with Hudson and Sexton.