PDA

View Full Version : OL recruiting

1bigdawg
04-16-2016, 02:19 PM
Our top high school OL recruit, Saahdiq Charles, is the #73 rated OL in the country (247). So our best success will be to get #73.

We have heard how tough it is to rate OLs, but there is some validity in the ratings. There are diamonds in the rough in Mississippi, but a lot of them will never pan out so you have to take a lot of them to get an SEC line. We have not even done that.

You have to play with the big boys before you beat them. We should be trying harder, at least.

I do note that our OL coach has interviewed for head coaching jobs each of the last two seasons. Perhaps Mullen is encouraging his friend to look elsewhere instead of pushing him out. But we have got to have some relief.

AROB44
04-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Beat that dead horse......he can't get any deader.

SDDawg
04-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Our top high school OL recruit, Saahdiq Charles, is the #73 rated OL in the country (247). So our best success will be to get #73.

We have heard how tough it is to rate OLs, but there is some validity in the ratings. There are diamonds in the rough in Mississippi, but a lot of them will never pan out so you have to take a lot of them to get an SEC line. We have not even done that.

You have to play with the big boys before you beat them. We should be trying harder, at least.

I do note that our OL coach has interviewed for head coaching jobs each of the last two seasons. Perhaps Mullen is encouraging his friend to look elsewhere instead of pushing him out. But we have got to have some relief.

That is not our top OL recruit, it's the top OL recruit in state that's on your radar. Huge difference.

Coach34
04-16-2016, 06:00 PM
We will be extremely lucky if we sign anybody in the top 100 for the OL.

mic
04-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Every coach should refer to the Full Metal Jacket episode with the soap in the towel and beat Hev ass...

1bigdawg
04-16-2016, 06:29 PM
That is not our top OL recruit, it's the top OL recruit in state that's on your radar. Huge difference.

It is not my radar, it is what 247's website says. Please read before you post.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Saahdiq isn't our #1 OL recruit but he's a guy we want.

mic
04-16-2016, 06:51 PM
Saahdiq isn't our #1 OL recruit but he's a guy we want.

We have to get outside Miss and get a few OL guys...

tireddawg
04-16-2016, 06:57 PM
Yes we do

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2016, 07:05 PM
We have to get outside Miss and get a few OL guys...

Cordavien Suggs, Caleb Chandler, Nick Brahms, Case Cook, & Josh Cooper are a handful of OOS OL we're on hard. There are more but those are just off of my head.

mic
04-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Cordavien Suggs, Caleb Chandler, Nick Brahms, Case Cook, & Josh Cooper are a handful of OOS OL we're on hard. There are more but those are just off of my head.

Have to close some of theses guys

Coach34
04-16-2016, 07:54 PM
We recruit alot of guys for OL- we close on very few. Thats the problem

HoopsDawg
04-16-2016, 08:25 PM

Doubt we sign any of those guys unless it's a Daryl Williams situation.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2016, 08:30 PM
Doubt we sign any of those guys unless it's a Daryl Williams situation.

We will get Suggs for sure & we'll see on the others.

HoopsDawg
04-16-2016, 08:32 PM
We will get Suggs for sure & we'll see on the others.

I don't even know who Suggs is. I just know we couldn't sign Lashley from freaking WP. I quit keeping up with recruiting after our last signing day. I'm sure I will get sucked back in around January or so.

GTHOM
04-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Thanks Dan

Coach34
04-16-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't even know who Suggs is. I just know we couldn't sign Lashley from freaking WP. I quit keeping up with recruiting after our last signing day. I'm sure I will get sucked back in around January or so.

thats me. I havent looked at anything once. I dont care anymore. It took a colossal **** up to lose Lashley

GTHOM
04-16-2016, 08:43 PM
thats me. I havent looked at anything once. I dont care anymore. It took a colossal **** up to lose Lashley

It took a crimson toyota tundra