PDA

View Full Version : Time to make a couple changes imo

msstate7
04-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Right now, we're getting nothing offensively from 2b while losing defense at SS. Holland/Stovall while playing at 2b are 1/23 (.043) in sec play. Today is the day to go back to Alexander at SS and Gridley at 2b. With Collins at 3b, we need a big time defensive SS and Alexander can be that guy. If we aren't gonna get offensive production from middle infielders besides Gridley, play the best defender.

I also think it's time to drop Collins to 6th in the order. I like Collins' power potential, but he hits a ton of pop ups and k's in crucial situations. I think his approach right now is to just go yard every time... Fits a 6-hole hitter better.

Where am I wrong?

CadaverDawg
04-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Jim said on the radio last night that Alexander was hurt. Not sure if true

msstate7
04-16-2016, 10:10 AM
Jim said on the radio last night that Alexander was hurt. Not sure if true

Hit a ph hr Wednesday night

CadaverDawg
04-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Hit a ph hr Wednesday night

Yea I know, just passing along what Jim said. Said "Robson out due to injury, and now another injury with Alexander". That's all I caught

sleepy dawg
04-16-2016, 10:17 AM
I agree it's about time to drop Collins in the order. He has power, but he hasn't performed well enough otherwise, and I think 6th is a good spot.

As for Alexander, I'm not so sure. I don't know if I have a better answer though, but Alexander just is not good at all offensively. He is near the top of the team in Ks, without nearly as many ABs as the guys who have more Ks. His AVG and OBP are terrible.

CadaverDawg
04-16-2016, 10:22 AM
I agree it's about time to drop Collins in the order. He has power, but he hasn't performed well enough otherwise, and I think 6th is a good spot.

As for Alexander, I'm not so sure. I don't know if I have a better answer though, but Alexander just is not good at all offensively. He is near the top of the team in Ks, without nearly as many ABs as the guys who have more Ks. His AVG and OBP are terrible.

I would much rather have Alexander out there than Stovall or Holland right now. Stovall isn't getting it done, although he has a bright future....Alexander has a few bombs and has tremendous upside. Plus he is a really good defender

smootness
04-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Collins has an OBP over .400 and an OPS of almost .900. He's fine.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Collins has an OBP over .400 and an OPS of almost .900. He's fine.

Sec stats?

smootness
04-16-2016, 10:38 AM

He has definitely K'd way too much, but he also walks a ton. His OBP and overall production are better than Stovall and Holland to this point. If he's healthy, there's no reason not to have him in there.

smootness
04-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Sec stats?

I have no idea.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Sec stats?

9/47 (.191)

smootness
04-16-2016, 10:49 AM
9/47 (.191)

I did a quick count and had it at 9/39.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 11:03 AM
I did a quick count and had it at 9/39.

Vandy 1,2,3... 2/14, bb, 5 k
Georgia 1,2,3... 1/8, 4 bb, k
Om 1-3... 3/10
Florida... 3/11, k
aTm... 0/4, 3 k

Totals...
9/47 (.191), 5 bb, 10 k

He's hit better of late though and his k rate isn't as bad as I thought... Still pops up too much though imo

Backwoodsdawg
04-16-2016, 05:32 PM
Right now, we're getting nothing offensively from 2b while losing defense at SS. Holland/Stovall while playing at 2b are 1/23 (.043) in sec play. Today is the day to go back to Alexander at SS and Gridley at 2b. With Collins at 3b, we need a big time defensive SS and Alexander can be that guy. If we aren't gonna get offensive production from middle infielders besides Gridley, play the best defender.

I also think it's time to drop Collins to 6th in the order. I like Collins' power potential, but he hits a ton of pop ups and k's in crucial situations. I think his approach right now is to just go yard every time... Fits a 6-hole hitter better.

Where am I wrong?

The best defender is Stovall u dumb ass! I have sit back and watched you dog every young man in this team like you are some all knowing god! You are nothing more than a message board bully that thinks he knows everything. You just need to shut the hell up and grow up and quit dogging 18 to 20 year old young me who are playing their asses of for this university. I seriously would love to meet you somewhere and beat your ass!

It_Could_Happen
04-16-2016, 05:37 PM
The best defender is Stovall u dumb ass! I have sit back and watched you dog every young man in this team like you are some all knowing god! You are nothing more than a message board bully that thinks he knows everything. You just need to shut the hell up and grow up and quit dogging 18 to 20 year old young me who are playing their asses of for this university. I seriously would love to meet you somewhere and beat your ass!

I think that hit a soft spot.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 05:40 PM

Alexander is the best defensive infielder we have. He just is.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 05:42 PM

How did I dog them? By giving their stats? Ok, Stovall is killing it offensively and he's the next Roberto alomar at 2b.

Backwoodsdawg
04-16-2016, 05:47 PM
How did I dog them? By giving their stats? Ok, Stovall is killing it offensively and he's the next Roberto alomar at 2b.

It has nothing to do with Stovall if u look at the stats he is leading the team in fielding however. You have just been dogging every single kid on the team if they aren't perfect well guess what they ain't gonna be prefect and they deserve our damn respect for what all they do for baseball at this university. Yeah I have a soft spot for everyone of these kids because I've been there I wasnt cutting the grass back in the day I was playing on it!

msstate7
04-16-2016, 05:50 PM
It has nothing to do with Stovall if u look at the stats he is leading the team in fielding however. You have just been dogging every single kid on the team if they aren't perfect well guess what they ain't gonna be prefect and they deserve our damn respect for what all they do for baseball at this university. Yeah I have a soft spot for everyone of these kids because I've been there I wasnt cutting the grass back in the day I was playing on it!

Fielding % is hardly a good stat to determine the best defender. Alexander has the best range... He gets to more balls therefore has more opportunities to mess up.

Forget that though... What did I say that ripped these players in this thread? I posted stats.

It_Could_Happen
04-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Would this be mr. Stovall. I agree Alexander is the best defender of the 3. If I had to rank defensively I would go

1. LA
2. Gridley
3. Stovall
4. Holland.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Would this be mr. Stovall. I agree Alexander is the best defender of the 3. If I had to rank defensively I would go

1. LA
2. Gridley
3. Stovall
4. Holland.

Definitely related to Stovall... FWIW, I do think Stovall will be a heck of a player. He just isn't there yet.

Backwoodsdawg
04-16-2016, 06:31 PM

1. LA
2. Gridley
3. Stovall
4. Holland.

No I'm not I'm just baseball fan that gets tired of people on here dogging these kids saying they are awful they suck and what have ya. It wasn't just this thread it has been numerous ones. Yall are free to opinions but the kids need to be off limits to such stupidity from so called grown men!

msstate7
04-16-2016, 06:35 PM
No I'm not I'm just baseball fan that gets tired of people on here dogging these kids saying they are awful they suck and what have ya. It wasn't just this thread it has been numerous ones. Yall are free to opinions but the kids need to be off limits to such stupidity from so called grown men!

Saying a player isn't getting it done and backing it up with stats is not "dogging" players.

Why is it not ok to say Alexander needs to get another shot?

Backwoodsdawg
04-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Saying a player isn't getting it done and backing it up with stats is not "dogging" players.

Why is it not ok to say Alexander needs to get another shot?

Yeah Luke needs another opportunity and he will get it but if you came to a game instead of sitting at home thinking of how you would run the team you would know he has a brace on his hand and ain't in the line up for a reason right now. I'm all for kids playing when others are struggling but no need to say some of the stupid shit you say about them PERIOD!

msstate7
04-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Yeah Luke needs another opportunity and he will get it but if you came to a game instead of sitting at home thinking of how you would run the team you would know he has a brace on his hand and ain't in the line up for a reason right now. I'm all for kids playing when others are struggling but no need to say some of the stupid shit you say about them PERIOD!

You still haven't said what I said... What did I say that pissed you off?

msstate7
04-16-2016, 07:14 PM
I think you got bent out of shape bc you have a personal interest in Stovall which is fine. I have no personal interest in any of our players... I just want the best players on the field no matter who they're related to.

Among all the "stupid shit" I say, did you notice I said Collins should be hitting 6th? Well Cohen agreed and Collins had a good day in a spot that's better suited for him.

Backwoodsdawg
04-16-2016, 08:25 PM
I think you got bent out of shape bc you have a personal interest in Stovall which is fine. I have no personal interest in any of our players... I just want the best players on the field no matter who they're related to.

Among all the "stupid shit" I say, did you notice I said Collins should be hitting 6th? Well Cohen agreed and Collins had a good day in a spot that's better suited for him.

I have no clue who he is other than a player here. I know Holland however but that has nothing to do with it. I don't have to give certain instances everyone on here knows. I'm done with you on this just watch what you say about these hard working kids. They deserve nothing but our respect and that's all I'm going to say about it!

bulldogcountry1
04-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Alexander had a brace on his left wrist today.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 08:35 PM
I have no clue who he is other than a player here. I know Holland however but that has nothing to do with it. I don't have to give certain instances everyone on here knows. I'm done with you on this just watch what you say about these hard working kids. They deserve nothing but our respect and that's all I'm going to say about it!

In other words, you can't produce anything. I find it funny that you call me out over this while there's plenty of posters here that attack the players personally... I critique performances and call out the coaches for putting players in bad positions. You were out of bounds on this...

msstate7
04-16-2016, 08:35 PM
Alexander had a brace on his left wrist today.

Did it happen Wednesday night after the hr?

Homedawg
04-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Alexander is hurt. Out for this weekend. Was hurt during valley game and reinjured it wed night.

smootness
04-16-2016, 09:32 PM

Chill, broham. Msstate7 is one of the good ones.

BorneDawg
04-16-2016, 10:08 PM
Luke got hit in the hand with a ball, but played thru pain and got hr. Then started feeling some numbness after game. Going to be OK but taking precautions. Will be back soon! We are strongest defensivly with Luke at ss and gridley at 2nd, with not much change offensively. Of course I'm a little partial since he in a home town friend I go to church with him.

sandjunky
04-16-2016, 10:17 PM

Where am I wrong?

I think part of Stovalls struggles is it appears his hands are lower than what I saw last year watching him at Pelham...

JohnnyQuid
04-17-2016, 04:35 AM
I know holland hasn't done as much as we thought he would but with our current choices - I'm just a holland guy at 2nd. he is steady in the field and even Friday when Stovall was up with 2 outs and men on ... you really prefer Stovall over holland? past 2 weeks holland has had some big hits - he doesn't shrink in the moment.

I'm sure Alexander and Stovall will be fine before they leave but right now they get overwhelmed by sec pitching.