PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody give a logical reason...

preachermatt83
04-15-2016, 09:38 PM
As to why D Brown was not allowed to come back and pitch the 9th???!!

msugolf
04-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Because it was too easy of a decision that didn't require any use of sabremetrics, algorithms, y=mx+b, or any other over-analyzed formula based reasoning.

preachermatt83
04-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Sounds about right.

Original48
04-15-2016, 09:49 PM
I literally can't even type a response. There is zero reason for Brown to not pitch the 9th. ZERO.

Steakonastick
04-15-2016, 09:50 PM
I have no friggin idea especially to go to small. I don't care how
Hard or how electric his stuff is. When it comes to girdods time he can't control it.

Saltydog
04-15-2016, 10:06 PM
There's never anything that's logical about Cohen. NEVER, EVER! You know that.

maroonmania
04-15-2016, 10:11 PM
Probably because too many folks on this board had been spouting off that D. Brown was only good for one inning.*

whosyourdawgy
04-15-2016, 10:11 PM
My question is why we didn't pinch hit for Stovall in the bottom of the 8th w 2 on and 2 out? He got up 3-0 and then took strike one. I said to my wife then he was striking out. 2 bad swings later done

confucius say
04-15-2016, 10:21 PM
As to why D Brown was not allowed to come back and pitch the 9th???!!

Only reason I can think of would be to bring him back tomorrow in a left on left situation. Or Sunday.

msstate7
04-15-2016, 10:30 PM
Only reason I can think of would be to bring him back tomorrow in a left on left situation. Or Sunday.

I thought of that too, but we were down 1 with top of our lineup up in the 9th. Johnson/Cohen just thought small was a better option... Dumb move

confucius say
04-15-2016, 10:33 PM
I thought of that too, but we were down 1 with top of our lineup up in the 9th. Johnson/Cohen just thought small was a better option... Dumb move

Agreed. I'm not freaking out though. Feel great with sexton going tomorrow.

Homedawg
04-15-2016, 10:37 PM
Of course as of last Sunday, most here wanted to see more of small(who struck out the side against fla) and less of brown, who hadn't seen an inning since ole miss. It wasn't a bad move based on previous results. It was a bad move based on how it went tonight.

msstate7
04-15-2016, 10:43 PM
Of course as of last Sunday, most here wanted to see more of small(who struck out the side against fla) and less of brown, who hadn't seen an inning since ole miss. It wasn't a bad move based on previous results. It was a bad move based on how it went tonight.
I thought it was a bad move bc brown was effective. Why go to another lefty who might be effective when you had a lefty in the game who was already effective?

baseballfan
04-15-2016, 10:47 PM
They didn't hit small. He had some freaky things happen. Watch the replay. He didn't hit the batter. TAMU knew he was a swig and miss guy - that's why they went to bunt.

LC Dawg
04-15-2016, 11:05 PM
We have got to find out more about some of these young pitchers for the stretch run and the only way to do it is put them in situations that matter. It may look dumb but I don't see any reason to freak out yet. Hell, it may pay off on a crucial situation in a regional.

Homedawg
04-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Credit to a&m they hit the piss out of Hudson. Lots and lots of rockets hit off him.

baseballfan
04-16-2016, 12:26 AM
Credit to a&m they hit the piss out of Hudson. Lots and lots of rockets hit off him.

TAMU is a very good hitting team. Hudson has been a little roughed up last two games. It's a preocess.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
04-16-2016, 05:22 AM
Probably because it made too much since!! Boy those were some head scratching decisions made by Cohen once again...

MarketingBully
04-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Also, if we have a below average ump behind the plate, we probably win the game. Behind Mayners giving A&Ms pitcher about 6" or so off the plate strikes in the middle innings and that really shitty non hit batsman, the ump had a lot to do with the game going the way it did. Mayners has it in for us as well. I have seen him call more shitty calls behind the plate against us then I can remember.

Saltydog
04-16-2016, 08:47 AM
this aTm team has power hitters up and down the lineup. He starts elevating pitches up, we're in trouble.

gravedigger
04-16-2016, 09:40 AM

Hindsightdawgs

If it werent so funny, it would be annoying.

AROB44
04-16-2016, 09:44 AM
It was only a "dumb" move because it did not work. If it had worked, it would have been OK with most (not all) on here. Hindsight is always 20/20.

msstate7
04-16-2016, 09:48 AM
It was only a "dumb" move because it did not work. If it had worked, it would have been OK with most (not all) on here. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Even if it worked, it was an unnecessary risk. Like I've said, pulling brown for a rhp might've made sense if we wanted one, but going to another lefty hoping he's effective as the one already in the game wasn't smart

basedog
04-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Even if it worked, it was an unnecessary risk. Like I've said, pulling brown for a rhp might've made sense if we wanted one, but going to another lefty hoping he's effective as the one already in the game wasn't smart

I probably would agree IF we had scored some runs in the 9th, we didn't so on hindsight doesn't matter what move. Oh I realize some will say "but", we were behind and IF they didn't score in the 9th we still would have lost.

That's baseball! Let's win today's game which is the most important thing now, baseball players and coaches have to not look back, I wish more fans would do the same. Easy to second guess after the game has been played.