PDA

View Full Version : So will OM signee Eli Johnson lose his scholly because of his Dad????

Coach34
04-14-2016, 05:44 PM
The OM fanbase is trumpeting the party line that the NCAA investigation is over because Bdork said so. They act like he cant be questioned. David Johnson of 247 sports- runs the OM fansite. He is also the Dad of Eli Johnson- OM football signee. David Johnson made this statement I copied and put in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/Elitedawg34/status/720667636305174528

"I will say this, I do know the NCAA is still interviewing a few former recruits as recently as a few weeks ago, but i do not know if those interviews pertain to this inquiry."

Bdork said the NCAA investigation was over 3 months ago. So someone is lying. Is it Bdork? Finebaum, Barry Sallee, and others are going by what Bdork said- its completely over. Why would David Johnson- who loves OM and makes his livelihood covering OM sports and recruiting- go against Bdork and lie to the Rebal fanbase? Why would Johnson gamble his career by lying about Bdork and the Investigation by the NCAA??? Doesnt make sense that Johnson would lie like that to mislead his paying customers in a bad reflection of his school does it?

Somebody needs to ask as well as answer these questions....

Coach34
04-14-2016, 05:59 PM
and make no mistake- Johnson said - "FORMER RECRUITS"- as in recruits that signed with other schools. Dont let that slip by

PassInterference
04-14-2016, 07:49 PM
They won't do it. Rebs 247 is valuable spin. OM needs Johnson.

AlSwearengen
04-14-2016, 08:05 PM
He is taking the chance that whatever happens to him now will not be as bad as his subscribers ire toward him later on after shit hits and it is worse than they were led to believe.

Hinting at the truth is new for them.

mic
04-14-2016, 08:18 PM
**** that guy...

Reason2succeed
04-14-2016, 08:33 PM
If you haven't noticed their fanbase isn't very good at distinguishing between truth and lies, holding people accountable, or realizing how often the party line changes. Yes, he blatantly contradicted Bdork but they will never admit it. Somehow or another they will spin it in their heads that Bdork was telling the truth all along.

Political Hack
04-14-2016, 08:36 PM
He is taking the chance that whatever happens to him now will not be as bad as his subscribers ire toward him later on after shit hits and it is worse than they were led to believe.

Hinting at the truth is new for them.

That's exactly what's going on.

He's thinking 'how can I say "it's bad guys" without saying it blatantly?" Yancy and Chuck could spit fire at their fanbase and no one would say otherwise, but DJ works for a different network. And that network might not be on board with serving up a can of Ole Miss lies only to look like idiots later. Scout don't care. Rivals don't care. But David Johnson and 247 might not be willing to look like idiots in the end when the cards come crashing down.

SDDawg
04-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Bjork is cooked, even Johnson knows it!

Schultzy
04-15-2016, 05:14 AM
No way Johnson put this out there without Freeze's blessing, they are just pivoting in the face of overwhelming evidence that the investigation has not ended as Bjork claimed.

He wouldn't go rogue right after his son just signed, and they can go this route because of a friendly in state media.

Neither Kburger or P. Alford are going to ask, "Hey, I thought y'all said the investigation was over!"

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-15-2016, 06:45 AM
You almost have to feel sorry for Eli anyway. He is a great kid that works hard. Problem is he just doesn't fit it at ole miss. Didn't during recruiting and won't in the future.