PDA

View Full Version : Cooler in bleachers?

Big4Dawg
04-14-2016, 11:28 AM
I haven't sat in bleachers in a while and wondering how the event staff feels about smaller coolers in the bleachers?

TheRef
04-14-2016, 11:31 AM
They're fine with it. Might be good to head through one of the outfield gates for that though. Either CF or RF gates if you already have tix

archdog
04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Beer?

notoriousdog
04-14-2016, 11:34 AM
I've seen it numerous times this year, so I don't think there's a problem with it. Just know that the bleachers will be packed and you'll likely have to keep it at your feet.

TheRef
04-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Beer?

No beer can be showing

DistrictDawg92
04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Just cover your beer in your cooler upon entry in the stadium and be sure to pour your beer in a cup and no one will say a word to you.

TheRef
04-14-2016, 11:55 AM
Just cover your beer in your cooler upon entry in the stadium and be sure to pour your beer in a cup and no one will say a word to you.

Yup. That's the ticket right there

fishwater99
04-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Beer on bottom of cooler, layer of ice, then waters on top.

RichardHarrow
04-14-2016, 01:30 PM
For the maximum amount of beers in my cooler, I fill it up with beer and ice all the way, then lay a piece of tin foil over the top, haven't had a problem at all. They will just ask you to open the lid of your cooler and as long as they don't see beer, you're golden

bhamdawgfan
04-14-2016, 01:33 PM
For the maximum amount of beers in my cooler, I fill it up with beer and ice all the way, then lay a piece of tin foil over the top, haven't had a problem at all. They will just ask you to open the lid of your cooler and as long as they don't see beer, you're golden

They've seen beer in mine and sent me on through. Has anybody actually seen anyone (at least anyone not a student) be denied to bring a cooler in?

RichardHarrow
04-14-2016, 01:44 PM
They've seen beer in mine and sent me on through. Has anybody actually seen anyone (at least anyone not a student) be denied to bring a cooler in?

They'll tell you that they'll let it slide this time but to put more ice on top next time, they won't turn you away

Steakonastick
04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
I saw a student get turned away last night. But he was coming in the main gate behind home plate. Long as you don't have the beer in plan sight you are good.

Way easier now then when I was in school. They would actually check the coolers. I always did the charcoal trick. Roll in a cooler half full of ice with water on top. Get a empty bag of charcoal and put in a case of beer. They would open up the cooler and look around. But never once looked in the bag.

RocketDawg
04-14-2016, 05:40 PM
I saw a student get turned away last night. But he was coming in the main gate behind home plate. Long as you don't have the beer in plan sight you are good.

Way easier now then when I was in school. They would actually check the coolers. I always did the charcoal trick. Roll in a cooler half full of ice with water on top. Get a empty bag of charcoal and put in a case of beer. They would open up the cooler and look around. But never once looked in the bag.

Hope you don't try that when OM is in town for a FB game. You'd get it stolen ....

SignalToNoise
04-15-2016, 12:07 AM
I haven't sat in bleachers in a while and wondering how the event staff feels about smaller coolers in the bleachers?
Did it a couple years ago with one of those small lunch box size coolers. Discretely poured beer into a cup and no one was bothered.

Stadium was packed and had to keep it under my feet.

Dawgbite
04-15-2016, 07:53 AM
Hope you don't try that when OM is in town for a FB game. You'd get it stolen ....

ISWYDT Subtle but thoughtful. I almost feel bad about the sundress remark now, almost.

Duckdog
04-15-2016, 04:56 PM
If you're worried about it I've seen beer can wraps that make the cans look like cokes. When I was in school I just brought party balls in an hour before the game