PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see the Houston Texans scout texted the wrong number thinking it was Dak's?

Tbonewannabe
04-14-2016, 09:26 AM
He texted the number double checking the phone number and a secondary number. It was a random girl in Louisiana. So it lets you know the Texans are definitely interested in Dak. I figure they might go after him in the 3rd if he is still there. Maybe in the 2nd if there is a run on QBs. LA Rams trading up to get a QB could create people reaching for QBs which could benefit Dak.

whatever
04-14-2016, 11:26 AM
He texted the number double checking the phone number and a secondary number. It was a random girl in Louisiana. So it lets you know the Texans are definitely interested in Dak. I figure they might go after him in the 3rd if he is still there. Maybe in the 2nd if there is a run on QBs. LA Rams trading up to get a QB could create people reaching for QBs which could benefit Dak.

I found it interesting as well, but moreso for the cat and mouse game that teams are trying to find out as much info as they can about what other teams are going to do. The "who has shown you the most interest or had private workouts with you" question was interesting. A lot of teams put out smokescreens about players or positions that they're looking to target in certain rounds.

Always find it funny how everyone's draft boards become homogenized by draft day and that Kiper and McShay pretty much have the order pegged when at this time last year all those guys had someone like Hackenberg at the #1 pick and no one had heard of Carson Wentz(as if those guys changed so much in a year's time). It's like everyone in the business needs their opinion validated by the consensus, seems like teams run their boards by the media to make sure their thinking is in line with others.

Ralph
04-14-2016, 11:36 AM
I found it interesting as well, but moreso for the cat and mouse game that teams are trying to find out as much info as they can about what other teams are going to do. The "who has shown you the most interest or had private workouts with you" question was interesting. A lot of teams put out smokescreens about players or positions that they're looking to target in certain rounds.

That stood out to me too. It's pretty obvious the Texans were trying to get info so they would better know where to draft him.