PDA

View Full Version : C-L Reports Fred Brown dismissed from MSU

AusTexDawg
04-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Per Bonner, Fred has been kicked out of school for violating the school's honor code. Say it ain't so.

Link Removed

jumbo
04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
I'm guessing he got caught cheating in class?

mic
04-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Opens up room for other guys to play. That are just as talented if not better..
Will miss Fred's experience , but thats about it..
We have WR's ...
And hopefully we can be more physical and run ball more ...

Coach34
04-14-2016, 09:16 AM
WE gonna have to make some offensive changes. We dont have the WR's now to keep running 3 out there all nite

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2016, 09:17 AM
This may push Ross back to the outside.

Dear, Ross, & Gray 1st Team

Mixon, Myles, & Jackson 2nd Team

At least early on until we see what Thomas, Spivey, & Couch can do. This does open up a chance for Epps to see the field if he has his head on right.

Tbonewannabe
Per Bonner, Fred has been kicked out of school for violating the school's honor code. Say it ain't so.

Not clicking the link since I don't want to give anything to the CL. Amazing how much reporting they do on anything bad about MSU.

MadDawg
That one's going to hurt.

Tbonewannabe
04-14-2016, 09:19 AM
WE gonna have to make some offensive changes. We dont have the WR's now to keep running 3 out there all nite

As much as Dan raved about Jordan Thomas, do we run more 2 TE sets? Justin Johnson showed something last year and Green is supposedly really good. Not even counting Dontae Jones or anyone else.

mic
04-14-2016, 09:20 AM
This may push Ross back to the outside.

Dear, Ross, & Gray 1st Team

Mixon, Myles, & Jackson 2nd Team

At least early on until we see what Thomas, Spivey, & Couch can do. This does open up a chance for Epps to see the field if he has his head on right.

That first team is actually better than if Fred was listed as starter.. IMO

thf24
04-14-2016, 09:20 AM
I think we're going to miss him from more than just a depth standpoint. He quietly made his fair share of big plays over the past two years.

TrapGame
04-14-2016, 09:22 AM
If we develop a run game this won't be as bad as it seems.

mic
04-14-2016, 09:22 AM
As much as Dan raved about Jordan Thomas, do we run more 2 TE sets? Justin Johnson showed something last year and Green is supposedly really good. Not even counting Dontae Jones or anyone else.

With all the bodies and possible talent we have at TE , would love to go more 2 TE sets..
I heard that one schools head coach and staff are going to follow the Stanford mode and run more TE sets..
Would love for us to do this..

JDog13
04-14-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm glad he didn't get a parking ticket.

Brahmabull
04-14-2016, 09:25 AM
We have known this was coming. This is the reason we have to move a potential all American safety to WR. Of course, the real reason is because our staff failed miserably in recruiting WRs.

Bama_Dawg
04-14-2016, 09:26 AM

Not gonna click it or directly comment on the Brown situation. This is another Clarion Liar tactic of "Hey, look over there!!" As they sweep other things under the rug for TSUN.

Nice try CL jackholes...fix your own paper and report ALL of the facts.

Sacrifice
04-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Man that sucks!!! I loved Fred Brown. Is there anymore talk about moving Justin Johnson to WR? And how is Jessie Jackson looking?? We are bad thin at WR.

PassInterference
04-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Damn.

DudyDawg
04-14-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm guessing he got caught cheating in class?

Yes. Not the first time either.

Hunkaburningdawg
04-14-2016, 09:31 AM
Ole Miss says, "Honor Code, what the hell is that?"

MadDawg
04-14-2016, 09:35 AM

The "Honor Code" at umiss is you don't snitch on The Network.

Jack Lambert
04-14-2016, 09:36 AM
JSU is fixing to get a good football player.

Brahmabull
04-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Williams to Brown could be a top rate combo in the SWAC next year.

SDDawg
04-14-2016, 09:40 AM
I'm glad to see this honestly. Hate it for the young man, but Honor Code violations are serious and I'd rather have this happen now than during the season when the team is depending on him the next week. I hope he lands on his feet and learns from the situation, but at least our guys have time to prepare and think about what we need to do for next year.

As far as C34's comments on having the depth to run 3 receivers, I'm not sure that we don't yet. We'll need to see how things develop, but I think we have a couple of guys that have the talent and can step up to fill the gaps. Just like Derunnya and Fred stepped up in 2013, we'll need one or two guys to step up this year and help us stay on track. I think we'll find those players.

Tbonewannabe
04-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Does Couch have the talent to step in as a freshman? He seems big enough.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2016, 09:55 AM
I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.

TrapGame
04-14-2016, 09:56 AM

Don't boggart your friend's spice...oh, and bros before hoes.

I_Spy
04-14-2016, 10:05 AM
I gave up on the clarion ledger years ago but lately it has been brought to my attention, that a possible bias was occurring. Of course I had to check it out myself, so while standing in the shell, 'no, I'm not going to pay for it, do you care? No, he didn't care, it seems to me that there are not a lot of um 'gifted' writers, journalists, whatever they are...overall, in the whole thing. So I stand there in the store with people, pointing out this paper doesn't even know which teams are no. 1 and who is ultimately the best. I found it sad, the shell guy found it humorous (southern fan, he was). Maybe they aren't bias and just um inept. Incompetent, we are trying to figure out if we can bring suit, even if just to waste time. None of the writers even use the vocabulary to make the topics interesting, much less have the facts.

BulldogBear
04-14-2016, 10:06 AM
I hate it for the kid, but it seems like he could never get it together. It sure would be nice to get some good news for a change.
C-L wouldn't report it.

There's probably all kinds of good news we never hear***

Mjoelner34
04-14-2016, 10:16 AM

It states, and I quote: In any case where a group of athletes are involved in an incident with law enforcement officials that may shed a negative light on the program, the athlete with the lowest ranking at the time of his recruitment is expected to step forward and claim sole responsibility for said act that necessitated law enforcement involvement and testify that other athletes now present were not there at the time of the incident or that they had just recently arrived and were diffusing the situation by protecting innocent people while humming Kumbaya.

Reason2succeed
04-14-2016, 11:01 AM
This blows! Okay, now I'm worried about the team next year. We don't have a tested QB, a feature RB, the TEs seem invisible in the scrimmages, the OL sucks, and WR corp has holes you could drive a Mack truck through. Please someone pump me some sunshine to make me feel better about this.

drunkernhelldawg
04-14-2016, 11:03 AM
I hope this wasn't a first offense. I hope it's under better control these days, but a good bit of cheating was going on in my day (not by me).

drunkernhelldawg
04-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Not clicking the link since I don't want to give anything to the CL. Amazing how much reporting they do on anything bad about MSU.

I think that's ridiculous. Newspapers weren't created to give you positive stokes. They're here so we have a chance to know what the hell is true. When we don't have them anymore, politicians will be able to manipulate us with total abandon. That's your money I'm talking about, as well as the quality of life in your community.

vv83
04-14-2016, 11:12 AM
I think that's ridiculous. Newspapers weren't created to give you positive stokes. They're here so we have a chance to know what the hell is true. When we don't have them anymore, politicians will be able to manipulate us with total abandon. That's your money I'm talking about, as well as the quality of life in your community.

No but a newspaper covering STATE news should be unbiased. I think that is the gripe here

drunkernhelldawg
04-14-2016, 11:19 AM
No but a newspaper covering STATE news should be unbiased. I think that is the gripe here

Hopefully, the people who have been educated by a great university like ours can read something and figure out for themselves what is biased. If they can do that, reading it probably won't hurt them.

vv83
04-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Hopefully, the people who have been educated by a great university like ours can read something and figure out for themselves what is biased. If they can do that, reading it probably won't hurt them.

I feel some of us believe the CL should be held to a higher standard of reporting. We all (on this board) understand it is biased, that isn't the issue.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 11:43 AM

Agree. This forces us to play Dear and Mixon in the slot and move Ross out wide. Gray is a playmaker too and this gets him on the field. It obviously really hurts our depth b/c Jackson is unproven and Myles hasn't played out wide much. Hopefully we bring back the FB/HB and use Shump and Murphy in that role.

I see people hoping for 2 TE's but the only TE who can play with his hand on the ground is Jordan Thomas.

starkvegasdawg
04-14-2016, 12:00 PM
It states, and I quote: In any case where a group of athletes are involved in an incident with law enforcement officials that may shed a negative light on the program, the athlete with the lowest ranking at the time of his recruitment is expected to step forward and claim sole responsibility for said act that necessitated law enforcement involvement and testify that other athletes now present were not there at the time of the incident or that they had just recently arrived and were diffusing the situation by protecting innocent people while humming Kumbaya.

Perfect.

Tbonewannabe
04-14-2016, 12:14 PM

The CL is basically a mouthpiece for UM. I can go other places to get the news on MSU. I just don't believe in supporting any organization that tries to bring down my university.

Taog Redloh
04-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Who cares, let's get back to running the ball. FB, TE and 2 WRs.

spiral
04-14-2016, 12:22 PM
I think there is plenty enough receiving talent still here. I hope some receivers can step up and replicate the downfield blocking prowess Bear delivered.

BankerDog
04-14-2016, 12:39 PM
I hope this isn't a case of a teacher being a fan of a school doing this. I had a teacher two years ago who was a big OM fan teaching at State. He told us during the Egg Bowl of Dak's sophomore year, he caught someone teaching off of a football player's test and tried to get the player suspended. He openly bragged about this. Needless to say, he is now teaching at Ole Miss. Go inside McCool and most of the finance teacher's are Bama grads who love Bama football and openly talk about it. Even have one right now who is a season ticket holder and talks down on State.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 12:40 PM
The "Honor Code" at umiss is you don't snitch on The Network.

Yep, pretty much the same one the Clintons had (or have), "deny, deny, deny".

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 12:41 PM
I hope this isn't a case of a teacher being a fan of a school doing this. I had a teacher two years ago who was a big OM fan teaching at State. He told us during the Egg Bowl of Dak's sophomore year, he caught someone teaching off of a football player's test and tried to get the player suspended. He openly bragged about this. Needless to say, he is now teaching at Ole Miss. Go inside McCool and most of the finance teacher's are Bama grads who love Bama football and openly talk about it. Even have one right now who is a season ticket holder and talks down on State.

If this is an issue then administration should be able to easily see through the agenda. MSU is not the only university that employs professors that openly root for other schools.

vv83
04-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Would this happen to be a professor named after a very common type of chocolate flavored cookie?

Spiderman
04-14-2016, 01:09 PM
This blows! Okay, now I'm worried about the team next year. We don't have a tested QB, a feature RB, the TEs seem invisible in the scrimmages, the OL sucks, and WR corp has holes you could drive a Mack truck through. Please someone pump me some sunshine to make me feel better about this.

At least the offense will have an excuse.

The defense that is likely to suck also..........

ScoobaDawg
04-14-2016, 01:24 PM
The CL Story doesn't add crap but to confirm. No need to link it.

Seriously No linking to the CL. Let them die with their agenda.

mic
04-14-2016, 01:46 PM

Fed loss isn't going to hurt us .. Means more snaps for Myles , Dear, Jackson, Thomas, all just as good if not better ..
His experience will hurt.. We will need a couple of young guys step up their roles more And this may even open the door for Epps if we get him and Couch to get reps as a frosh..,
Ross and Gray are 2 NFL WR .... It's ok...

mic
04-14-2016, 01:47 PM
At least the offense will have an excuse.

The defense that is likely to suck also..........

Lots of NFL guys on this defense.. Our defense is going to surprise a lot of people.. If we can get good CB play could be very very good..

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Fed loss isn't going to hurt us .. Means more snaps for Myles , Dear, Jackson, Thomas, all just as good if not better ..
His experience will hurt.. We will have a couple of young guys step up... And may even open the door for Epps..
Ross and Gray are 2 NFL WR .... It's ok...

You can't say that Myles, Jackson, and Thomas are just as good if not better. You just can't. It makes you look genespagish.

I agreed with your first statement that our 1st string might be better now.

fishwater99
04-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Does this get Peters more playing time on offense..

mic
04-14-2016, 02:06 PM
You can't say that Myles, Jackson, and Thomas are just as good if not better. You just can't. It makes you look genespagish.

I agreed with your first statement that our 1st string might be better now.

Y'all act like Fred was All-SEC ... He was a good WR... Myles is a good WR.. Jackson and thomas could both be good WR..Mixon looked very good the scrimmage and practice I saw.
I'm not worried about WR...
If this was Ross or Gray then yeah we are in trouble.. We have athletes , they are young but I bet the upside of these guys are as good if not better than Fred...
This gives more snaps to Dear , more snaps to Myles ( who I was told by a coach is one of the hardest workers on the team) and gives more reps to other guys...

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Y'all act like Fred was All-SEC ... He was a good WR... Myles is a good WR.. Jackson and thomas could both be good WR..Mixon looked very good the scrimmage and practice I saw.
I'm not worried about WR...
If this was Ross or Gray then yeah we are in trouble.. We have athletes , they are young but I bet the upside of these guys are as good if not better than Fred...
This gives more snaps to Dear , more snaps to Myles ( who I was told by a coach is one of the hardest workers on the team) and gives more reps to other guys...

We didn't get better at outside Receiver by losing Fred Brown who was coming into his 5th year in the program. Mixon and Dear are slot guys and I'm glad they will get more opportunity now. I think this forces the coaches to move Ross out wide. Jackson, Thomas, and Myles have not taken any meaningful snaps at outside WR and none are considered deep threats. Fred was a legitimate deep threat for us.

mic
04-14-2016, 02:27 PM
We didn't get better at outside Receiver by losing Fred Brown who was coming into his 5th year in the program. Mixon and Dear are slot guys and I'm glad they will get more opportunity now. I think this forces the coaches to move Ross out wide. Jackson, Thomas, and Myles have not taken any meaningful snaps at outside WR and none are considered deep threats. Fred was a legitimate deep threat for us.

I'm just saying this loss isn't a big a deal that some are making it to be ..
We will have WR lined up all over the field in different positions.. Everyone is worried about outside and inside..
Basically it only Matters when the lineup is announced on the Jumbotron..

WR is one of the least of my worries this year.. We have Athletes that can step up in this role and contribute quick..
It hurts our depth yes, Fred would have caught some balls for sure.. But this won't cost us any W or L unless we have Ross or Gray do down...

Bothrops
04-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Losing Brown hurts us some, mainly with the long ball. I think we can make it up though.

Jack Lambert
04-14-2016, 02:32 PM
Losing Brown hurts us some, mainly with the long ball. I think we can make it up though.

What's going to suck is if Bear is at our game every Saturday watching in the stands rather then traveling with his NFL team.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 02:34 PM
I'm just saying this loss isn't a big a deal that some are making it to be ..
We will have WR lined up all over the field in different positions.. Everyone is worried about outside and inside..
Basically it only Matters when the lineup is announced on the Jumbotron..

WR is one of the least of my worries this year.. We have Athletes that can step up in this role and contribute quick..
It hurts our depth yes, Fred would have caught some balls for sure.. But this won't cost us any W or L unless we have Ross or Gray do down...

Disagree on the inside/outside not mattering. Blocking assignments are big, especially for those outside guys. DeRunnya was a man in the run game last 3 yeasr. In the past guys like Chris Smith have been huge. The slot guys work the middle of the field and catch a lot of balls in this offense. The outside guys have to earn the respect of the safeties to keep them from cheating up. Fred Brown wasn't a world beater but I have concerns about the guys behind him. Sickening that AJ picked Ole Miss considering their depth chart compared to ours. They have about 9 4 star and above receivers. We have 2.

TimberBeast
04-14-2016, 02:40 PM

Now if we can only get Holloway to get caught cheating...

mic
04-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Disagree on the inside/outside not mattering. Blocking assignments are big, especially for those outside guys. DeRunnya was a man in the run game last 3 yeasr. In the past guys like Chris Smith have been huge. The slot guys work the middle of the field and catch a lot of balls in this offense. The outside guys have to earn the respect of the safeties to keep them from cheating up. Fred Brown wasn't a world beater but I have concerns about the guys behind him. Sickening that AJ picked Ole Miss considering their depth chart compared to ours. They have about 9 4 star and above receivers. We have 2.

Yes WR blocking is a big key ... Could Fred block ?. I have no idea.. Yes Bear could .. But with our running game last year it didn't make a ****...
And were any Safteys going to respect Fred anyway?? It's not like he caught a lot of deep balls , shit we don't throw any deep balls.. Gray will be as good a deep threat as we have had in a while.. And We all saw Bears lack of speed so it wasn't like he was earning respect from the safetys on the outside...

No body knew how good Bear was going to be either .. I will be willing to bet out of ALL the athletes we signed with this class coming in that one or 2 will step up and give us some depth at WR.. Just look at the NFL with ex College QBs playing the WR position... They just may have to do it this coming year instead of RS.. They just won't be 6'5.. And btw neither is AJ Brown.. He is what maybe 6'1...

tcdog70
04-14-2016, 03:10 PM

stupid post--Holloway will have a heck of a Year--he had a great year last year

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 03:11 PM
No body knew how good Bear was going to be either .. I will be willing to bet out of ALL the athletes we signed with this class coming in that one or 2 will step up and give us some depth at WR.. They just may have to do it this coming year instead of RS.. They just won't be 6'5.. And btw neither is AJ Brown.. He is what maybe 6'1...

We didn't sign any outside WR's in this class unless you count Couch. Couch is a TE, imo.

mic
04-14-2016, 03:12 PM

Holloway is a good SEC player if we use him correctly... And not as a featured back..

mic
04-14-2016, 03:20 PM
We didn't sign any outside WR's in this class unless you count Couch. Couch is a TE, imo.

Agree... We did miss on WR this year... If Fred was a soph this is another issue.. He is gone anyway after the year..
Now after next year the WR core will look much different..
Another reason why losing Fred not as bad as it seems, let's us see what young guys can play WR for 2017...

Commercecomet24
04-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Y'all remember the vaunted receiving corps we had when Dan arrived? I'm gonna venture a guess that the guys we got at WR right now are just a little bit ahead of that bunch and seems we did ok with them.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Y'all remember the vaunted receiving corps we had when Dan arrived? I'm gonna venture a guess that the guys we got at WR right now are just a little bit ahead of that bunch and seems we did ok with them.

Well we have the deepest slot corps we've ever had, just need some more outside guys. As was stated earlier, I'll be very surprised now if Ross doesn't go back outside with Gray. Brown was a nice, experienced player but he wasn't a big difference maker by any means. I also feel we will have too many guys at the TE position this Fall and that one of Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson or Dontae Jones are going to need to move to an outside WR spot.

djaymsu5
04-14-2016, 04:59 PM

100% Agree. Brown was ok but honestly I'm not worried one bit. Think of him as a Joe Morrow or Robert Johnson type. Nice to have the experience but nothing special. Like some have said it gives us the opportunity to see what next young guy will evolve

djaymsu5
04-14-2016, 05:00 PM
If we develop a run game this won't be as bad as it seems.

If Dan would play the right players we would have established a run game last year. The talent is there but for whatever reason he insists on running 160 pound Holloway out there.

Reason2succeed
04-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Y'all are way more optimistic than me and I generally regard myself as an optimist. I don't see anything on our offense that can be assumed as a reliable strength. In sports sometimes it's not just what you have but what you know you have. And we don't know crap.

djaymsu5
04-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Well we have the deepest slot corps we've ever had, just need some more outside guys. As was stated earlier, I'll be very surprised now if Ross doesn't go back outside with Gray. Brown was a nice, experienced player but he wasn't a big difference maker by any means. I also feel we will have too many guys at the TE position this Fall and that one of Jordan Thomas, Justin Johnson or Dontae Jones are going to need to move to an outside WR spot.

We need to get Dontae Jones to drop about 40 pounds over the summer and be the beast he was in highschool on the outside. He's just as fast if not faster than Bear. Let him Couch and Epps battle it out and we will be fine.

mic
04-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Y'all are way more optimistic than me and I generally regard myself as an optimist. I don't see anything on our offense that can be assumed as a reliable strength. In sports sometimes it's not just what you have but what you know you have. And we don't know crap.

What were u expecting??. We lost the greatest QB in schools history.. There's going to be a step back for sure.. But the cupboard is far from bare...

mic
04-14-2016, 05:31 PM
We need to get Dontae Jones to drop about 40 pounds over the summer and be the beast he was in highschool on the outside. He's just as fast if not faster than Bear. Let him Couch and Epps battle it out and we will be fine.

Shit every TE is as fast as Bear...

Commercecomet24
04-14-2016, 05:44 PM

Lol true dat and bigger too!

Commercecomet24
04-14-2016, 05:46 PM

I agree with that assessment. I think Ross will go outside with Gray and our slot guys are plenty good. Also to me I believe Myles is faster than Fred, at least he sure looks it.

djaymsu5
04-14-2016, 05:49 PM

Lol which is sad! But I don't see why Dontae couldn't attempt to fill the void of he dropped a little bit of weight. We have plenty of TE's.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 07:55 PM
What were u expecting??. We lost the greatest QB in schools history.. There's going to be a step back for sure.. But the cupboard is far from bare...

There could be a step back but we were only 8-4 last year. If you guys remember, we had an 8-4 season with Chris Relf as QB AND with Tyler Russell as QB. Its really going to depend on whether or not the OL turns out to be competent or not. Surely they can't be worse than they were last year.

Reason2succeed
04-14-2016, 08:55 PM

The issue I'm having is the lack of a running game, the fact that we seem to be hemorrhaging WRs, and there's no news of a TE emerging. The OL is the OL....I need a paper bag because I'm hyperventilating in panic.

IMissJack
04-14-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't feel good about this season at all. Too many issues this off season.

mic
04-15-2016, 08:44 AM
The issue I'm having is the lack of a running game, the fact that we seem to be hemorrhaging WRs, and there's no news of a TE emerging. The OL is the OL....I need a paper bag because I'm hyperventilating in panic.

Aries Williams will prob win this job and get the bulk of the carries next year.
We have 2 NFL WR and a couple of other very good sec talented guys here and some young guys
TE position will be better this year than it was last year
The OL well it is the OL but one would think it has to be better , everyone is back and we replace a TE/ LT with the juco #1 OT from 2 years ago...

I'm not saying we go 10-2 but the drop off won't be as bad as everyone thinks...

Homedawg
04-15-2016, 09:22 AM

Really? Come on that's brutal.

Smitdawg
04-15-2016, 09:32 AM
Yes WR blocking is a big key ... Could Fred block ?. I have no idea.. Yes Bear could .. But with our running game last year it didn't make a ****...

I feel we still have some good playmakers at receiver. But what worries me about the receiving corps is replacing Bear's blocking. Sure, it didn't help the run game much, but it was huge on opening holes for Fred Ross, especially on those WR screens and end arounds.

gtowndawg
04-15-2016, 09:49 AM

Seriously? Only M-State fans would trash a player that simply does everything he's asked to do (even when he knows it's not the ideal fit for him).

GTHOM
04-15-2016, 10:43 AM
And were any Safteys going to respect Fred anyway?? It's not like he caught a lot of deep balls , shit we don't throw any deep balls.. Gray will be as good a deep threat as we have had in a while.. And We all saw Bears lack of speed so it wasn't like he was earning respect from the safetys on the outside...

No body knew how good Bear was going to be either .. I will be willing to bet out of ALL the athletes we signed with this class coming in that one or 2 will step up and give us some depth at WR.. Just look at the NFL with ex College QBs playing the WR position... They just may have to do it this coming year instead of RS.. They just won't be 6'5.. And btw neither is AJ Brown.. He is what maybe 6'1...

Fred Brown made several plays deep down the field

Reason2succeed
04-15-2016, 11:15 AM
Aries Williams will prob win this job and get the bulk of the carries next year.
We have 2 NFL WR and a couple of other very good sec talented guys here and some young guys
TE position will be better this year than it was last year
The OL well it is the OL but one would think it has to be better , everyone is back and we replace a TE/ LT with the juco #1 OT from 2 years ago...

I'm not saying we go 10-2 but the drop off won't be as bad as everyone thinks...

Yes, we have pieces...mostly unproven but still talented pieces. I worry that we won't have an offensive identity until the end of the season. As much as I trust Mullen and seldom second guess him, he sometimes outsmarts himself and fails to recognize a strength and fully exploits it.

KentuckyDawg13
04-15-2016, 11:18 AM
With 6'5" Jamal Couch (can block too yet is faster than Bear), Korey Charles, Nero Nelson and Cameron Dantzler coming in, we more than make up for the loss of Fred B.

Reason2succeed
04-15-2016, 11:41 AM
With 6'5" Jamal Couch (can block too yet is faster than Bear), Korey Charles, Nero Nelson and Cameron Dantzler coming in, we more than make up for the loss of Fred B.

That's great but none of them even know the playbook yet and we haven't seen how any of them matchup against SEC competition.

mic
04-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Fred Brown made several plays deep down the field

He had 4 catches over 30 yards last year...

bulldawg28
04-15-2016, 04:59 PM
He had 4 catches over 30 yards last year...

Lmao...Well damn.