PDA

View Full Version : So much for Big Softie being the #1 overall pick

mic
04-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Titans just traded #1 pick to LA Rams..
Geoff or Wentz about to be the face of the LA franchise...

Jack Lambert
04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
I enjoy hearing the words LA Rams. Back where they should be. I miss the old NFC South.

mic
04-14-2016, 08:45 AM
There are about to be some major moves now ..
We are about to see who the top GM's are ..

Love the move by Tenn... And they will still probably get a OT at 15...
Tenn has great chance to be really good in a few years...

Dawgface
04-14-2016, 08:51 AM
I enjoy hearing the words LA Rams. Back where they should be. I miss the old NFC South.

Me too. Bring back the old unis. 2033

K9 Avenger
04-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Me too. Bring back the old unis. 2033

Roman Gabriel....Love it! Now, if we could just get the Cardinals to move back to St. Louis and the Colts back in Baltimore, all would be right in the football world...and get off of my lawn!!!!

jumbo
04-14-2016, 09:04 AM
Absolutely love this move for the Titans. New front office has blown me away.

parabrave
04-14-2016, 09:05 AM
dam titans good move now don't F it up. And LA I know you need a QB but there are no QBs worth a NO 1 Pick. Heck if you needed a QB you could've traded with the Colts and got Luck.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Heck if you needed a QB you could've traded with the Colts and got Luck.

Not sure if serious

mic
04-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Not sure if serious

I was thinking just trade for Rogers.. He is a Cali guy... ****

It_Could_Happen
04-14-2016, 09:18 AM
I just unfollowed Bo Bounds on Twitter for one reason: the guy tweets out about this "blockbuster" deal followed by a pictures of Treadwell, Robert, and Tunsil. Last I checked Chris Jones was a mid first rounder and projected higher than one of the players I mentioned?

Dawg61
04-14-2016, 11:05 AM
Titans raped the Rams here. Titans got 2 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds for switching picks and a fourth and 6th rounder. Total rape! Titans now have 6 picks in the top 76.

blacklistedbully
04-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Titans raped the Rams here. Titans got 2 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds for switching picks and a fourth and 6th rounder. Total rape! Titans now have 6 picks in the top 76.

Don't you know there are GM's & owners all across the league who are pissed about that!

It's like playing at a Blackjack table with some good players, everybody making some coin, and some dufus comes in to 3rd base and asks for a hit on his 16 with the dealer showing a 6, and gets what should have been the dealer's bust card.

Sure, in reality the idiot at 3rd's stupidity could also end up helping over time (say he pulls the card that would have won for the dealer), but a lot of good players will get up and leave in disgust.

But the trade is worse, because it gives the Titans a huge advantage that could eventually help them versus everyone else.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 11:46 AM

Yep and the Titan's don't need a QB and they really didn't need Tunsil either.

msstate7
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Tunsil to Cleveland?

DancingRabbit
04-14-2016, 11:50 AM
Does this help Dak's draft position? Appears now that Wentz and Goff will be gone after picks 1 and 2 are done.

Most mocks have Lynch going mid to late 1st.

Connor Cook is 4th QB taken in most projections. Before the DUI there may have been a chance for Dak to be the 4th taken.

A few mocks have Hackenberg and/or Cardale Jones going before Dak.

Dawg61
04-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Yep and the Titan's don't need a QB and they really didn't need Tunsil either.

He might still be sitting there a 15 anyways. Rams are dumb but they've got to build excitement in that city so I understand their desperation some. I just don't think Wentz or Goff are worth a King's Ransom.

Coach34
04-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Tunsil to Cleveland?

not a prayer. If San Diego doesnt take Big Softie at 3- he may fall to 8-9-10

fishwater99
04-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Tunsil to Cleveland?

They need a QB too..

Coach34
04-14-2016, 12:22 PM
He might still be sitting there a 15 anyways. Rams are dumb but they've got to build excitement in that city so I understand their desperation some. I just don't think Wentz or Goff are worth a King's Ransom.

I dont think it was dumb. They have a good OL and an Elite TB. The Rams need a QB in the worst way and there is nothing FA that is going to do that for them. They need a QB now. They won 7 last year without a QB- some decent QB play can get them to the 8-9-10 win level sooner than later

Spiderman
04-14-2016, 01:12 PM
I dont think it was dumb. They have a good OL and an Elite TB. The Rams need a QB in the worst way and there is nothing FA that is going to do that for them. They need a QB now. They won 7 last year without a QB- some decent QB play can get them to the 8-9-10 win level sooner than later

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't trade the pick for a current QB

mic
04-14-2016, 01:42 PM

Agree.. It's a QB league.. Face of the new franchise..
Tenn got the better of the deal overall , but Rams got what they wanted.. They better just choose the right one between Geoff or Wentz..

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 01:46 PM

The Rams gave up 7 picks in the first 3 rounds to draft a guy from North Dakota State. I would say it's a really dumb move unless Wentz ends up being a Top 12 QB in the league. Huge, huge gamble.

mic
04-14-2016, 02:00 PM
The Rams gave up 7 picks in the first 3 rounds to draft a guy from North Dakota State. I would say it's a really dumb move unless Wentz ends up being a Top 12 QB in the league. Huge, huge gamble.

It may be Geoff... Either way the Rams did the opposite a few years ago with the RG3 trade to the skins.. Got lots of draft picks and players.. The one thing they are missing is a QB... This is a good deal for both teams..
Rams just have to hope the QB they pick turns out to be a franchise guy and doesn't turn out to be RG3...

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2016, 02:05 PM
The buzz is that it's going to be Goff. It looks like a lot but this is the going rate for moving up especially to #1. The Rams have a solid D, an emerging superstar at RB, & a solid OL. They are a legit QB away from being a contender. If you think that Goff or Wentz is a franchise changer then moving up is the thing to do. It's a QB league & if you can get what you feel is a 10yr face of the franchise you take that jump.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 02:13 PM
The buzz is that it's going to be Goff. It looks like a lot but this is the going rate for moving up especially to #1. The Rams have a solid D, an emerging superstar at RB, & a solid OL. They are a legit QB away from being a contender. If you think that Goff or Wentz is a franchise changer then moving up is the thing to do. It's a QB league & if you can get what you feel is a 10yr face of the franchise you take that jump.

I would have done it in a heartbeat for Andrew Luck. I might have even done it for RG3 and Cam Newton so I would have been wrong on one of those. I would not do it for Jared Goff.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2016, 02:19 PM
I would have done it in a heartbeat for Andrew Luck. I might have even done it for RG3 and Cam Newton so I would have been wrong on one of those. I would not do it for Jared Goff.

I don't disagree because I don't see a perennial Pro Bowler at QB in this draft but if you fall in love with a guy take the risk. Go big or go home.

HoopsDawg
04-14-2016, 02:37 PM
I don't disagree because I don't see a perennial Pro Bowler at QB in this draft but if you fall in love with a guy take the risk. Go big or go home.

Yeah, if you're Jeff Fisher and you don't win soon, you are out of a job. So sell out for a QB if he can help you. I don't think Case Keenum is the answer. But that line of thinking reminds me of what Croom said after he burned Arceto Clark's redshirt in the 9th game of the year. "I'll let someone else worry about 4 years down the road, I have to win now".

And I realize Fisher isn't the GM, but I'm sure he has input and influence.

Dallas_Dawg
04-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Taking a risk on a qb that busts is how GMs get fired. Especially the ransom they gave up for it.

Dawg61
04-14-2016, 02:42 PM

The QB has to be a can't miss to trade six picks in the first three rounds for him. Broncos just won a SB with a broken Payton at QB because they have a filthy defense. Keep building the rest of your team the right way. You can't force a great QB to be great just because he's the highest on your board this year. I think the Rams are making a huge mistake. It's the Rams though I'm not surprised.

Goldendawg
04-14-2016, 07:25 PM
Would be great to see Chris Jones go before some of the Rebs while Hugh watched and waited.

Political Hack
04-14-2016, 08:51 PM

Then they could've traded up in the 3rd round and drafted Dak. There's not a great deal of difference between the top 2 QBs in this draft and the rest of the pack. There is no Luck. No Peyton. No Elway. No Marino. Your better off taking a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round than wasting a 1st and the necessary investment in such a huge risk at QB.

Further, they could've traded to #2, or 3 or maybe even lower and still probably got the QB they want.

Political Hack
04-14-2016, 08:52 PM

Yeah. I'm with you here. This was just a bad move and they overpaid by a lot.

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Lots of talk the Rams gave up all that and still aren't sure if they're going to draft Goff or Wentz. Talk about being stupid.

mic
04-15-2016, 08:37 AM
You also have to look at the salary cap issues... Rams got a lot of good young players in the RG3 trade that are about to have to get paid after this year...
Giving up all those draft picks allows them to do this and possible keep those guys..
I do agree it's a very risky move if it doesn't work out and this QB isn't the franchise, but if it does they are set in LA for the next few years..

Dawg61
04-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Supposedly the Rams haven't made up their minds between Goff/Wentz, which could be just to throw teams off, but if true it's already being called the worst trade in nfl history.

Coach34
04-15-2016, 09:24 AM
Then they could've traded up in the 3rd round and drafted Dak. There's not a great deal of difference between the top 2 QBs in this draft and the rest of the pack. There is no Luck. No Peyton. No Elway. No Marino. Your better off taking a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round than wasting a 1st and the necessary investment in such a huge risk at QB.

Further, they could've traded to #2, or 3 or maybe even lower and still probably got the QB they want.

They don't need Dak- they need someone ready to start at QB. Dak is a year or two away. They are a team that needs a QB worse than anything- and Jeff Fisher's job is on the line. It's easy to see why they did it. They aren't going to win more than 7 with Keenum or Foles

DanDority
I just unfollowed Bo Bounds on Twitter for one reason: the guy tweets out about this "blockbuster" deal followed by a pictures of Treadwell, Robert, and Tunsil. Last I checked Chris Jones was a mid first rounder and projected higher than one of the players I mentioned?

Bout time!

Coach34
Supposedly the Rams haven't made up their minds between Goff/Wentz, which could be just to throw teams off, but if true it's already being called the worst trade in nfl history.

This is most likely a smokescreen

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2016, 09:34 AM
This is most likely a smokescreen

Exactly. Especially with Cleveland right behind them who's drafting a QB too. Why let everyone know who you're taking? Maybe Cleveland is in love with the other QB & gets antsy & wants to swap picks & with the Browns organization it's possible. Saying we haven't decided keeps those potential trade lines open.

Political Hack
04-15-2016, 10:24 AM
They don't need Dak- they need someone ready to start at QB. Dak is a year or two away. They are a team that needs a QB worse than anything- and Jeff Fisher's job is on the line. It's easy to see why they did it. They aren't going to win more than 7 with Keenum or Foles

It's not over. They could've watched draft day and went crazy. Who knows? But if they pluck a QB in this draft #1 overall it was dumb. Spending that amount of money on an unsure guy at the most important position on the field is insane. Make a trade. Find a stop gap. Get a free agent. Don't mortgage the team on a HUGE risk that will set you back 4-6 years with a single miss.

Coach34
04-15-2016, 10:40 AM
If he doesn't pan out- Fisher and the GM are going to be fired anyway. Might as well go for it. They gonna be fired if they start Foles or Keenum- so it doesn't matter. Go for it