PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know if they run shuttles during SBW

starkvegasdawg
04-14-2016, 08:28 AM
Like they do on game days?

Jack Lambert
04-14-2016, 08:39 AM
I usually park down town and walk in. Takes about 20 minutes but I enjoy the walk through the district. I say plan on parking down town regardless and if they are running the shuttle then ride.

Dawgbite
04-14-2016, 09:03 AM
I have never noticed shuttles running during SBW. Also remember that the art festival is going on saturday downtown so that might not be a good parking option.

TrapGame
04-14-2016, 09:12 AM
Any other parking suggestions? I'll be there with my youngest daughter.

Dawgbite
04-14-2016, 09:39 AM
On top of the hill across from Zacharias Village is the closest public parking that is big enough to guarantee a parking place most games. There are some smaller lots closer but traffic will be tough saturday and you may spend 20-30 minutes sitting only to find the lot full.

DawgHouseUnited
04-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Check with @HailStateOps on twitter they can probably answer your question.

TheRef
04-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Shuttle carts will be running on campus. These will be 6-seater golf carts that will be able to take you around campus.

AROB44
04-14-2016, 11:35 AM
Shuttle carts will be running on campus. These will be 6-seater golf carts that will be able to take you around campus.

How do you get to ride one of them. I have never understood the procedure. Might be getting to the point I may need to come football season.

TheRef
04-14-2016, 11:38 AM
How do you get to ride one of them. I have never understood the procedure. Might be getting to the point I may need to come football season.

Call 662-325-9114. That will get you in touch with the Parking Assistance Center. They can dispatch a shuttle cart to you.

LandDawg
04-14-2016, 12:14 PM
This route will be even better this Sat. with the Cotton District Arts Festival going on. Mommy can browse arts/craft, kids can get face paint or photo booth, all the while Daddy can be sipping on his juice to prepare for the day ahead.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Even a big crowd for SBW is less than half the crowd of a normal Fall football game so should parking on campus be a problem? Also, is it best to buy baseball tickets at the baseball stadium before going to the Spring Game? If I'm going I don't want to risk not being able to get in for the baseball game since I assume its going to be a huge crowd.

Dawgbite
04-14-2016, 01:38 PM
I think that the ticket office at the stadium only open 2hrs prior to first pitch which should be about mid 2nd quarter of the spring game. You can buy tickets online and print them but there may be a fee involved.

basedog
04-14-2016, 03:25 PM

I guess you ran out of the Super Extra Plus Geritol, would you like for me to send you a few cases? :cool:

Mjoelner34
04-14-2016, 03:55 PM
I think that the ticket office at the stadium only open 2hrs prior to first pitch which should be about mid 2nd quarter of the spring game. You can buy tickets online and print them but there may be a fee involved.

It's a $5 fee. I just did it. I've been stuck in the ticket line too many times on SBW to do it again.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 04:30 PM
It's a $5 fee. I just did it. I've been stuck in the ticket line too many times on SBW to do it again.

Yea, I may go that route. I only need two tickets and an extra 10 bucks may be well worth it to avoid the aggravation of the SBW ticket lines.

RocketDawg
04-14-2016, 05:28 PM

You can call the number given, but good luck. It's gonna be busy. From my observations of who's riding the carts, it helps if you're a hot girl in a short sundress ... the guys driving will always give them a lift. I've never seen a single one offer a ride, even if empty, when they see an oldster struggling to walk up a hill.

Mjoelner34
04-14-2016, 06:17 PM
Yea, I may go that route. I only need two tickets and an extra 10 bucks may be well worth it to avoid the aggravation of the SBW ticket lines.

It's $5 for the transaction, not $5 per ticket. I got 1 for Friday and 6 for Saturday and the total cost was $75.

maroonmania
04-14-2016, 07:48 PM
It's $5 for the transaction, not $5 per ticket. I got 1 for Friday and 6 for Saturday and the total cost was $75.

Even better.

dawgoneyall
04-15-2016, 06:44 AM
I have never noticed shuttles running during SBW. Also remember that the art festival is going on saturday downtown so that might not be a good parking option.

Will Powe be there?

Dawgbite
04-15-2016, 07:49 AM
You can call the number given, but good luck. It's gonna be busy. From my observations of who's riding the carts, it helps if you're a hot girl in a short sundress ... the guys driving will always give them a lift. I've never seen a single one offer a ride, even if empty, when they see an oldster struggling to walk up a hill.

If you will wear a sundress, I'll come pick you up personally in my cart and take you anywhere on campus you want to go. The long way of course!

Mjoelner34
04-15-2016, 07:52 AM
Will Powe be there?

Unfortunately he had to cancel. He was already booked to be the keynote speaker at a literary summit in Helsinki where he will be critiquing the role of satire in 19th century British politics.

starkvegasdawg
04-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Unfortunately he had to cancel. He was already booked to be the keynote speaker at a literary summit in Helsinki where he will be critiquing the role of satire in 19th century British politics.

I must spread some rep around.

starkvegasdawg
04-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Look like shuttles are running.

dawgoneyall
04-16-2016, 09:11 AM

You're right. Lost his crayon.