PDA

View Full Version : Will Morrison- new 2018 Baseball commit

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 09:44 PM
RHP from Cullman, Alabama. Perfect Game has him at 82 on his fastball but he's just a sophomore. He has thrown a no-hitter already this year and plays for one of the best high school teams in Alabama.

bobcat91
04-12-2016, 09:56 PM
A guy on 24/7 said he has a friend at the school who is a coach. He says he is 6'2" and is hitting 83-85. He also says that he is a 3/4 arm slot and has a ton of movement on the ball. I assume this is Wes Johnson's first pitching recruit. Must really like what he sees.

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 09:59 PM
A guy on 24/7 said he has a friend at the school who is a coach. He says he is 6'2" and is hitting 83-85. He also says that he is a 3/4 arm slot and has a ton of movement on the ball. I assume this is Wes Johnson's first pitching recruit. Must really like what he sees.

Definitely one of the first. I figured he was likely still growing as young as he is. Hitting 83-85 and still growing means that there is potential to get up to the low 90's.

SouthMsDawg
04-13-2016, 02:51 PM
I kinda was under the impression that Johnson would be recruiting the tall hard throwing types like Florida and Vandy bring in year after year. Im sure this kid is a solid prospect but I love seeing kids that can throw heat like Dakota.

Taog Redloh
04-13-2016, 03:10 PM
I kinda was under the impression that Johnson would be recruiting the tall hard throwing types like Florida and Vandy bring in year after year. Im sure this kid is a solid prospect but I love seeing kids that can throw heat like Dakota.

Johnson was the one who wanted Rigby so badly. But then again, Rigby has the sidearm deal AND throws gas, so....

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2016, 03:18 PM

He is 6'2" throwing 85 as a sophomore. Give Wes a chance to work with him and he will have him throwing in the 90s.

AlSwearengen
04-13-2016, 03:30 PM
He is 6'2" throwing 85 as a sophomore. Give Wes a chance to work with him and he will have him throwing in the 90s.

He will probably be able to hit 90 by the time he is a senior in h.s.

smootness
04-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Are we expecting HS sophomores to be throwing 95? Haha give him time, he absolutely could be throwing gas in 2-3 years.

Taog Redloh
04-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Then he'll need Tommy John right before his freshman year.

#WeAreMissStake

Homedawg
04-13-2016, 05:44 PM

When Dakota committed to us he was 84-86. Very similar. Not saying he will be Dakota, but clearly we are projecting this guy. That's the name of the game.