PDA

View Full Version : dam you Jeff Francour

parabrave
04-12-2016, 08:29 PM
and you also Fredi for putting him in there with bases loaded and 2 out.

msstate7
04-12-2016, 08:31 PM
No, damn you, fredi... Frenchy did what he does vs rhp. Kelly Johnson was the correct ph there

msstate7
04-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Oh and Kelly Johnson catches that ball. Fredi leaving frenchy in cost us the game

parabrave
04-12-2016, 08:42 PM
and also for sticking in a 13.50 era over the hill o'flaherty. Dam FG couldn't you try any harder to lose this game could you.

msstate7
04-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Then after the damage is done, fredi goes to our best reliever. Hey fredi, you think our best reliever should've faced maybe the best player in mlb or a scrub no one wanted?

War Machine Dawg
04-12-2016, 08:44 PM
Ripping Fredi at this point is counterproductive. Can't make chicken salad outta chicken shit. He doesn't help, but this team is ****ing terrible. Some of y'all thought I was nuts when I said 100 losses this year. Fact is, we got worse in just about every facet of the game in the offseason. Offense might be about the same or slightly better, but pitching and D are significantly worse.

msstate7
04-12-2016, 08:47 PM
Ripping Fredi at this point is counterproductive. Can't make chicken salad outta chicken shit. He doesn't help, but this team is ****ing terrible. Some of y'all thought I was nuts when I said 100 losses this year. Fact is, we got worse in just about every facet of the game in the offseason. Offense might be about the same or slightly better, but pitching and D are significantly worse.

If you've watched all the games, then you've seen that we've been right there in most of them. Fredi is absolutely killing us along with FF hitting worse than any player on miss state's baseball team. Fredi and FF have absolutely killed us so far

msstate7
04-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Kelly finally gets to hit... Rbi double. Think maybe he should've faced the rhp with the bases loaded instead of frenchy? Only 1 manager makes that mistake... Fredi

parabrave
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
well KJ came to play

Tbonewannabe
04-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Mallex Smith is living up to potential. He has been a pleasant surprise.

War Machine Dawg
04-12-2016, 10:00 PM
If you've watched all the games, then you've seen that we've been right there in most of them. Fredi is absolutely killing us along with FF hitting worse than any player on miss state's baseball team. Fredi and FF have absolutely killed us so far

Look, Fredi sucks. I want him fired yesterday. But blaming everything on him is stupid. This team isn't competitive and he had very little say-so in the construction of this team. It's the team management handed him. Fredi definitely costs us wins, but acting like he's the sole reason we suck is ridiculous. We suck because we have maybe 3 position players that would start for another MLB team and a bunch of prospects and never weres in the pitching staff. Teheran is the only pitcher who'd start elsewhere and he'd probably be a 2 or 3 then.

Whining about Fredi is just dumb when we're so devoid of talent. Blame management for this cluster****. They're the ones who blew up a competitive team to restock the minors, not Fredi.

msstate7
04-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Look, Fredi sucks. I want him fired yesterday. But blaming everything on him is stupid. This team isn't competitive and he had very little say-so in the construction of this team. It's the team management handed him. Fredi definitely costs us wins, but acting like he's the sole reason we suck is ridiculous. We suck because we have maybe 3 position players that would start for another MLB team and a bunch of prospects and never weres in the pitching staff. Teheran is the only pitcher who'd start elsewhere and he'd probably be a 2 or 3 then.

Whining about Fredi is just dumb when we're so devoid of talent. Blame management for this cluster****. They're the ones who blew up a competitive team to restock the minors, not Fredi.

Is this team good? No, but this team is better than 0-7. You just quoted me and said I was blaming just Fredi, but I clearly laid some blame on FF. FF is hitting a cool .095... Pathetic.

Ph'ing Kelly for frenchy was an easy move. That move and burning our best relievers in a 10-run game on Saturday that led to using straight garbage relievers in a close game on Sunday are just complete incompetence. I realize that Fredi has a disadvantage facing good teams this year, but fans like myself that bleed braves' baseball deserve a manager that can at least make basic competent moves

Dawg61
04-13-2016, 10:00 AM
FF is hitting .095 because he has nobody protecting him in the lineup before or after him and he's pressing trying to do too much.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 10:07 AM
FF is hitting .095 because he has nobody protecting him in the lineup before or after him and he's pressing trying to do too much.

Markakis before... .296 avg and .885 ops
Garcia behind... .348 avg .943 ops
FF... .095 avg. .583 ops

FF's BAbip is .077 though, so hopefully that's a sign of better numbers to come

msstate7
04-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Olivera made his first solid contact on the year... Unfortunately, it was on a woman. He was arrested.

http://wjla.com/news/local/source-atlanta-braves-player-arrested-for-dispute-with-woman-at-ritz-carlton-in-arlington

BoomBoom
04-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Olivera made his first solid contact on the year... Unfortunately, it was on a woman. He was arrested.

http://wjla.com/news/local/source-atlanta-braves-player-arrested-for-dispute-with-woman-at-ritz-carlton-in-arlington

Geez, this is just comical at this point. Repeat after me: better days are coming, better days are coming, better days are coming....

BoomBoom
04-13-2016, 10:33 AM

Wisler would start on almost any team. Hes going to be a solid starter in MLB for a long time.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 10:39 AM
Wisler would start on almost any team. Hes going to be a solid starter in MLB for a long time.

Chacin last night...

7.0 ip 5 h 0 er 0 bb 8 k

Last year in a shortened year, he was...

3.38 era 26.1 ip 21 k

His career era is 3.73 despite pitching in Colorado. We may have struck a little gold with chacin

Political Hack
04-13-2016, 10:57 AM
They might drop 15 alone to the Nats. The losses are going to add up quickly.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Olivera on administrative leave. Tyler Moore may be about to get a shot

msstate7
04-13-2016, 11:39 AM
Olivera on administrative leave. Tyler Moore may be about to get a shot

Not Tyler... It's Castro

MaroonFlounder
04-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Pierzinsky needs to retire. Fredi needs to be gone. At this point, the prospects should be brought up (Albies and Swanson) Attendance the rest of the year will average well less than 20K. Can't hardly give tickets away.

Dawg61
04-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Markakis before... .296 avg and .885 ops
Garcia behind... .348 avg .943 ops
FF... .095 avg. .583 ops

FF's BAbip is .077 though, so hopefully that's a sign of better numbers to come

Ha well law of averages says his babip won't be staying at .077. That's an absurd number.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 06:10 PM
5 of the 7 games, the braves have been tied or ahead in the 7th inning

msstate7
04-13-2016, 07:22 PM
FF 0-3 tonight with 2 k's. This isn't a pitching around him deal either... He's missing fastballs middle of the plate. Wish we had jumped on the Aj reed deal

Dawg61
04-13-2016, 07:35 PM
Meanwhile MSU is up 4-1. Stop watching the Braves. They suck horribly. State is kicking ass!!

msstate7
04-13-2016, 07:37 PM
Meanwhile MSU is up 4-1. Stop watching the Braves. They suck horribly. State is kicking ass!!

I'm watching both. The braves are my drug though... Can't quit them. I'll watch 150+ games no matter how bad it gets

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2016, 08:31 PM
I'm watching both. The braves are my drug though... Can't quit them. I'll watch 150+ games no matter how bad it gets

You poor bastard. I just wish they would call up Tyler Moore so at least we would have a Bulldog to cheer for.

War Machine Dawg
04-13-2016, 08:44 PM
I love the Braves, but there's no sense in torturing yourself.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 08:47 PM
I love the Braves, but there's no sense in torturing yourself.

I NEED HELP!!!!! Someone come steal my satellite!!!! Haha

Dawg61
04-13-2016, 09:27 PM
I NEED HELP!!!!! Someone come steal my satellite!!!! Haha

Haha I'm a huge Giants fan but there's been seasons I've cut way back on watching them before when they clearly suck. Granted that's never till after the AS break not seven games into the season. I'll ship you a bottle of whiskey dude it's gonna be a rough one.

msstate7
04-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Haha I'm a huge Giants fan but there's been seasons I've cut way back on watching them before when they clearly suck. Granted that's never till after the AS break not seven games into the season. I'll ship you a bottle of whiskey dude it's gonna be a rough one.
I don't drink; but if we hit 0-15, I might start haha

msstate7
04-13-2016, 09:42 PM
?s not easy managing a team as bereft of talent as the Atlanta Braves, so my first impulse is to feel bad for Fredi Gonzalez, who has steered his garbage team to an 0-7 start. But the Braves have been in some very winnable games, and Gonzalez hasn?t been doing much but tripping over his own feet in the early going.

Last night?s loss to the Washington Nationals saw Gonzalez make a few bad decisions, which he later defended with some particularly cringeworthy quotes. The Braves got a surprisingly strong start from reclamation project Jhoulys Chacin, who held the Nationals scoreless through six innings and needed only 69 pitches to do so. In the top of the seventh, with the score still 0-0, Braves second baseman Gordon Beckham hit a two-out double. Chacin was due up next, but Gonzalez decided to yank him for pinch-hitter Jace Peterson, a career .224/.296/.310 hitter. Peterson struck out on four pitches, and Gonzalez later justified the decision to pull his lights-out starter thusly:

?[Chacin] was pitching some kind of baseball,? Gonzalez said. ?I think if it?s one of those decisions later in the summer, where you?ve got a winning streak going and you?re rolling, you maybe let him hit there. But he was pitching some of the best baseball I?ve seen this year.?
There are a lot of factors managers need to consider when making in-game decisions. ?Are we on a winning streak?? really shouldn?t qualify.

Gonzalez continued boning things after Chacin was pulled. The Braves loaded the bases with one out in the top of the eighth, and had Jeff Francoeur due up. Gonzalez could have brought in Kelly Johnson?a career .333/.361/.623 hitter with the bases loaded, incidentally?but he left Francoeur in there to ground into an inning-ending double play. Again, he didn?t have a great explanation:

?I thought about [pinch-hitting Johnson], but Frenchy has been in the game and he?s been swinging,? Gonzalez said. ?He comes up with those big hits in those situations. The matchup wasn?t one of those matchups where it was crazy one way or another. I kind of felt good about that.?
Jeff Francoeur is, incidentally, a career .240/.270/.320 hitter with the bases loaded. Also, Jeff Francoeur sucks.

The Braves have now lost four games in which they?ve held a lead in the seventh inning or later, but it?s not the results or even Gonzalez?s decisions that should worry Braves fans as much as Gonzalez?s reasoning.

It?s hard to effectively manage a team this bad. Every night, Gonzalez is going to be faced with what are essentially lose-lose decisions. Do I bring my bad hitter off the bench, or let my worse hitter swing away? Which of my not-very-good relievers should I use in this situation? But those moments become even bigger minefields when the guy making the decisions is starting from a false premise such as ?Jeff Francoeur comes up with bigs hits in those situations.? If Gonzalez keeps going like this, what was already going to be a bleak season for the Braves is going to be that much harder to watch.

http://deadspin.com/the-atlanta-brav...isn-1770712125

Dawg61
04-13-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't drink; but if we hit 0-15, I might start haha

You're gonna be an alcoholic by game 100

parabrave
04-13-2016, 11:50 PM
FF 0-3 tonight with 2 k's. This isn't a pitching around him deal either... He's missing fastballs middle of the plate. Wish we had jumped on the Aj reed deal

FF has had that golf swing ever since day one. They started figuring him out 2 years ago. He is getting more high inside pitches now and less low outside pitches. Also his puss@ is hurting since simmons left.