PDA

View Full Version : Harbaugh goes hard after Freeze

BeastMan
04-12-2016, 06:16 PM
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/B4873283-61F3-4756-B9CD-A598AAD0FF1B_zpsjm3bwdt5.jpg

Ralph
04-12-2016, 06:18 PM
And Dan Wolken's reaction...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26635632/File%20Apr%2012%2C%205%2017%2034%20PM.png

ShotgunDawg
04-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I'm kinda over the media building up Harbaugh against the SEC and Meyer. It's nothing but a ploy to bring Michigan back to prominance. I think satellite camps are dumb and, when you add in the recruiting services these days, very very few kids are falling through the cracks. The entire conversation is nothing but issue raised to create controversy.

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2016, 06:34 PM
Add Mike & Mike ripping Hugh Baby this morning, and the Plantation folks must just be getting the vapors over so many speaking ill of their Saintly coach.

DogStuckAtUM
04-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Daaaang. Harbaugh's still salty after a certain school offered "incentives" to Rashan Gary.

Irondawg
04-12-2016, 06:41 PM
All the media has been ripping the SEC over these satellite camps pulling the BS line that it hurts the kids. Nobody has mentioned Pandora's box of how out of control this would get and how then you'd have schools giving out stuff to try and get them to go their camp instead of another camp, etc.

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 06:49 PM
At least one reporter is not blinded by Freeze's halo. Keep it up, Wolken.

Agree with Shotgun - tired of everyone in the media slobbing Harbaugh's knob. Enough already.

BeastMan
04-12-2016, 06:54 PM
All the media has been ripping the SEC over these satellite camps pulling the BS line that it hurts the kids. Nobody has mentioned Pandora's box of how out of control this would get and how then you'd have schools giving out stuff to try and get them to go their camp instead of another camp, etc.

Agreed 100%. It was about to be a 3 ring circus

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm in the minority I like the idea of satellite camps. Not so much for the Power 5 schools but USM having camps with MSU, La Tech, ULL, ULM having camps with LSU, Troy, UAB, South Alabama, having camp with Alabama. It gives kids the chance to be in front of more eyes at once without having to do all the travel, time, & money that is required. A big reason MS kids fall through the cracks in the recruiting world is because of lack of funds to go to these Nike Openings & Rivals Camps. So going to 2 camps in the surrounding area where maybe 8-10 schools can put their eyes on you & put you through drills are invaluable.

EAVdog
04-12-2016, 07:04 PM
There are so many 'camps' already. Nike/Under Armor/et al...

Harbaugh just wants to try to get into more fertile recruiting ground. Any altruistic notion is BS.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 07:07 PM
There are so many 'camps' already. Nike/Under Armor/et al...

Harbaugh just wants to try to get into more fertile recruiting ground. Any altruistic notion is BS.

A lot of these kids can't afford to make it to these camps though. Think of all the talent in MS & how few of those guys get to go to the shoe sponsored camps. I know what Harbaugh motive is but that doesn't mean satellite camps are bad.

RocketDawg
04-12-2016, 07:11 PM
Add Mike & Mike ripping Hugh Baby this morning, and the Plantation folks must just be getting the vapors over so many speaking ill of their Saintly coach.

What did Mike & Mike have to say about Freeze this morning?

Martianlander
04-12-2016, 07:17 PM

Missed it. Recap please.

BeardoMSU
04-12-2016, 07:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PrvQzCwG63k/T2Z9fpQ-OOI/AAAAAAAAA1o/iGzc2P7v9MY/w1200-h630-p-nu/friday-damn-gif.gif

aerodawg
04-12-2016, 07:23 PM
A lot of these kids can't afford to make it to these camps though. Think of all the talent in MS & how few of those guys get to go to the shoe sponsored camps. I know what Harbaugh motive is but that doesn't mean satellite camps are bad.

I think its really just a worry of the rich getting richer problem. The big athletic departments with huge budgets will throw them anytime and anywhere they can while a school like us would again be left in the dust in another aspect of the recruiting process.

Dawgowar
04-12-2016, 07:26 PM
Actually, Harbaugh only wants another shot at kids without exposing them to cold Big Ten winters, snow in April or May, and women dressed like lumberjacks.

His location, the Big House, rocks on saturdays - tradition, size, loyal fans - his campus makes Siberia look like Key West come late November. Hard to pull a kid in who can get the same or better deal with even an ACC school. Plus we could use it against them - "Son, you notice they aren't too proud of their own state.."

I'm pretty indifferent. The SEC could easily start poaching most of the talent out of the Big Ten. There are really only two programs prominent at any one time.

Good marketing by Harbaugh though.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-12-2016, 07:34 PM
I think its really just a worry of the rich getting richer problem. The big athletic departments with huge budgets will throw them anytime and anywhere they can while a school like us would again be left in the dust in another aspect of the recruiting process.

But they already get the best of the best so what would be different? I mean really how much better can Bama, LSU, FSU, USC, Ohio St, etc get in recruiting. I think it's more good for the mid to lower level kids to have more coaches get their eyes on them. The cream of the crop get seen 100x that under seen kid needs as many eyes on him as possible.

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 07:36 PM

I thought you had to be invited to go to a Nike camp or is that just The Opening that is invitation only?

GTHOM
04-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Missed it. Recap please.

Mike Greenburg basically said the same thing Harbaugh did. He said hes happy the Rev. gets to lay up in his big house while it costing other kids the opportunity to get out of poverty. Then he went on to say Hugh Freeze coaches in Athens GA, kind of tuned him out after that

GTHOM
04-12-2016, 07:37 PM
I thought you had to be invited to go to a Nike camp or is that just The Opening that is invitation only?

The Opening is invite only

BrunswickDawg
04-12-2016, 07:40 PM
What did Mike & Mike have to say about Freeze this morning?
Basically said Freeze was costing kids shots at mid-majors. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15188811

Funny part is Golic said "camps in Athens". When did Hugh Baby get his dream job?? Lol

Spiderman
04-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Hugh doesn't want the camps because when you are doing what they do to recruit, you don't need no stinking camps.

RocketDawg
04-12-2016, 08:26 PM
Mike Greenburg basically said the same thing Harbaugh did. He said hes happy the Rev. gets to lay up in his big house while it costing other kids the opportunity to get out of poverty. Then he went on to say Hugh Freeze coaches in Athens GA, kind of tuned him out after that

You must have misheard. Every aspect of Ole Miss is nationally known and recognized. **

PassInterference
04-12-2016, 08:27 PM
What is the "group of five" coaches mentioned in articles about this?

Jack Lambert
04-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Matt 7:15-16
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Hugh has the SEC coaches and Big 10 coaches piss at him. Don't think he is going to slick dick his way out of it.

Irondawg
04-12-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm in the minority I like the idea of satellite camps. Not so much for the Power 5 schools but USM having camps with MSU, La Tech, ULL, ULM having camps with LSU, Troy, UAB, South Alabama, having camp with Alabama. It gives kids the chance to be in front of more eyes at once without having to do all the travel, time, & money that is required. A big reason MS kids fall through the cracks in the recruiting world is because of lack of funds to go to these Nike Openings & Rivals Camps. So going to 2 camps in the surrounding area where maybe 8-10 schools can put their eyes on you & put you through drills are invaluable.

Now this I can kind of agree with but limited to your own state or within X miles of your campus. You're recruiting those kids anyway. But if you allowed it like they were every Big 10 school is going to be in the south and EVERYBODY is going to be down in Florida all the time. It would just become a circus. In theory it's not a terrible idea but it would get abused. Now if you wanted to let each school have 1-2 satellite camps that might be different.

TrapGame
04-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Hugh doesn't want the camps because when you are doing what they do to recruit, you don't need no stinking camps.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/23266068.jpg

ShotgunDawg
04-12-2016, 09:52 PM

Basically this.

I actually think satellite camps could help us, but to Ole Miss they are orange barrels on the freeway that they are driving 150 mph on

mic
04-13-2016, 08:08 AM
The future ESPN 30 for 30 is just getting better and better....

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2016, 08:20 AM
Now this I can kind of agree with but limited to your own state or within X miles of your campus. You're recruiting those kids anyway. But if you allowed it like they were every Big 10 school is going to be in the south and EVERYBODY is going to be down in Florida all the time. It would just become a circus. In theory it's not a terrible idea but it would get abused. Now if you wanted to let each school have 1-2 satellite camps that might be different.

Or have camps not attached to colleges and allow any coach who wants to attend go to the camp. Basically make it like the NFL combine only put one centrally located to several states. Coaches would get to see a couple of states worth of prospects and recruiting services could hype players that are under the radar due to where they play. It would probably hurt us because people would see players like Jon Banks and McKinney. Chris Jones would also have been a bigger battle to get on campus.