PDA

View Full Version : So it being Charcoal and an accident was a spin. Ole Miss is shit.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2016, 03:56 PM
OXFORD - Ole Miss offensive lineman Rod Taylor?s arrest April 3 for an alleged shoplifting incident at Walmart may not have come, as first theoried, because of an accident.

Oxford Police Department officer Steven Lewis wrote in a report obtained Tuesday by The Clarion-Ledgerthat Walmart loss prevention employee Gary Ferguson told Lewis that Taylor rang up items in a self-checkout line, paid for those items and then placed items he had not paid for into plastic bags he then put into his shopping cart.

The items under question, according to the report, were: two cans of baked beans; onions; potatoes; a 12-pack of grape soda; Ocean Spray juice; hamburger meat and one bag of charcoal. The total value was $41.53.

Taylor faces a court date of May 25 for a charge of shoplifting (first offense). The Clarion-Ledger obtained the report through an open records request.

Ferguson declined comment when reached by The Clarion-Ledger on Tuesday, saying Walmart policy is for employees not to speak with media.

While Lewis was transporting Taylor to the Lafayette County Detention Center, Taylor told Lewis that he had been distracted by a phone call about football while checking out his items and forgot to ring up the remainder of the items in his shopping cart, according to the report.

Lewis wrote in the report that he during his review of Walmart's security footage he did not see Taylor talking on the phone while checking out.

A source told The Clarion-Ledger last week that Taylor had placed but accidentally failed to pay for two bags of charcoal in a basket underneath his shopping cart.

Taylor, a Callaway graduate, appeared in 10 games last season while battling a shoulder trouble and underwent offseason surgery that kept him out of spring workouts. He finished last fall as the second-string left tackle behind Laremy Tunsil but figures to move back to guard this year.

The junior?s status remains in the air.

?If we have a young man that makes a poor decision that gets arrested, there is going to be consequences,? coach Hugh Freeze said Saturday. ?I have plans that can decide how severe those consequences are based on what you do from this point forward with the poor decision.

?We all make them. It?s what you do with it after that. I wish none of them do. But we do. Kids make poor decisions, adults make poor decisions. He knows exactly where we?re headed from here. We?ll see what happens. But there are consequences, there will be.?

Saltydog
04-12-2016, 04:10 PM
done a similar thing before. Wyatt needs to GO!

Tripp McNeely
04-12-2016, 04:12 PM
There won't be any consequences...Freeze will ask him to hold his wrist out, hell slap it, and tell him to go do 2 minutes of up and downs.

I do love the fact that Taylor tried to be sly with a "you know I play football, right?" attempt.

ScoobaDawg
04-12-2016, 04:18 PM
This screams of him doing this before it sounds like and he finally got caught.
he tried to lie his way out but got caught.

starkvegasdawg
04-12-2016, 04:23 PM
Haiti is going to be a marvel to behold before much longer.

Leroy Jenkins
04-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Grape Drank!

msstatelp1
04-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Breaking News: Oxford Walmart Gets New Loss Prevention Employee

PassInterference
04-12-2016, 05:12 PM
Double secret probation.

BeardoMSU
04-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Double secret probation.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-16-2015/MYX75d.gif

preachermatt83
04-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Now that's hilarious.

RocketDawg
04-12-2016, 05:54 PM
If we have a young man that makes a poor decision that gets arrested, there is going to be consequences, coach Hugh Freeze said Saturday.

I wonder if that's an example of Freeze's command of English grammar, or if it's a misprint.

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Based on his alert job performance, Oxford Walmart loss prevention employee Gary Ferguson has been promoted to store greeter ... in Detroit, Michigan.

Dawgcentral
04-12-2016, 06:20 PM
"The items under question, according to the report, were: two cans of baked beans; onions; potatoes; a 12-pack of grape soda; Ocean Spray juice; hamburger meat and one bag of charcoal. The total value was $41.53."

What the hell DID he pay for? The beer?

starkvegasdawg
04-12-2016, 06:23 PM
"The items under question, according to the report, were: two cans of baked beans; onions; potatoes; a 12-pack of grape soda; Ocean Spray juice; hamburger meat and one bag of charcoal. The total value was $41.53."

The devotional tracts he's going to be handing out on the street corner of his mission trip.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2016, 07:08 PM
**** that guy

Barking 13
04-12-2016, 09:09 PM
it's an acquired art that happens at walmarts all over MS, and a blind eye is turned. That's probably the reason there's only two "real" registers open and ALL of the self checks are open, with one sista overlooking the whole thing.... just go stand and observe how much stuff goes unscanned...

No, I'm not taking up for the guy, I hope he gets hammered. I'm just saying it's a crying shame it happens everywhere. I would never try it, but it's a learned behavior.

Jack Lambert
04-12-2016, 09:21 PM
it's an acquired art that happens at walmarts all over MS, and a blind eye is turned. That's probably the reason there's only two "real" registers open and ALL of the self checks are open, with one sista overlooking the whole thing.... just go stand and observe how much stuff goes unscanned...

No, I'm not taking up for the guy, I hope he gets hammered. I'm just saying it's a crying shame it happens everywhere. I would never try it, but it's a learned behavior.

My problem is hearing. I hear a beep when I scan and think it's my beep but it was the beep next to me. I always check to see if I in deed scan an item when I am finish.

Maroonthirteen
04-12-2016, 09:34 PM
done a similar thing before. Wyatt needs to GO!

I some what agree with Wyatt. It is easy to forget an item underneath the basket. However I never have.

But my point, we all know Cross nor any other OM journalist would give us the same courtesy. So why does Wyatt?...

msbulldog
04-13-2016, 06:14 AM
Yea, I've forgot stuff under the basket too. But, it's usually after I've paid for it and I leave it in the parking lot.

parabrave
04-13-2016, 06:49 AM
My problem is hearing. I hear a beep when I scan and think it's my beep but it was the beep next to me. I always check to see if I in deed scan an item when I am finish.

or it might be putting the cart before the . ox. I mean you don't put the items in the bags before you scan them. Usually an alarm will go off. Maybe one or two items but that amount. What was the phone call about; RN needs you to bring him a package to his hotel room. Yeah that would make some forget what they are doing.

Saltydog
04-13-2016, 07:54 AM
NT

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2016, 07:58 AM
or it might be putting the cart before the . ox. I mean you don't put the items in the bags before you scan them. Usually an alarm will go off. Maybe one or two items but that amount. What was the phone call about; RN needs you to bring him a package to his hotel room. Yeah that would make some forget what they are doing.

Those things have a sensor so whatever you scan better weigh the same or it tells you something is off. Unless you are bagging them and putting them in the cart without scanning, I don't think you can "forget". I could understand if it was under the cart but that doesn't seem to be the case. Typical UM spin until the truth comes out and then deflect.

starkvegasdawg
04-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Just went on one of their sites and one guy was actually defending his shoplifting. His post was something along the lines of:

A guy that can't be paid stole some food. Not a TV, iphone, or laptop. Minimal 17s given.

He's really trying to imply that those football players are almost destitute and reduced to stealing food to keep from going hungry. It must be really nice in that fantasy world they live in.

Tbonewannabe
04-13-2016, 09:11 AM
Just went on one of their sites and one guy was actually defending his shoplifting. His post was something along the lines of:

A guy that can't be paid stole some food. Not a TV, iphone, or laptop. Minimal 17s given.

He's really trying to imply that those football players are almost destitute and reduced to stealing food to keep from going hungry. It must be really nice in that fantasy world they live in.

Especially now that they can literally eat as much as they want. The NCAA passed it a couple of years ago that the school can feed them as much as they want. It used to be where they were only allowed the normal student meal ticket but they finally figured out that athletes burn a shitload more calories than the normal students.

MadDawg
04-13-2016, 09:22 AM

The hamburger buns.

TimberBeast
04-13-2016, 11:16 AM

It's cultural.

LockeDawg
04-13-2016, 11:23 AM

True - and when sista is on her cell phone, chatting with someone she knows, or helping someone who can't weigh produce correctly.....all kinds of crap goes unnoticed.

TimberBeast
04-13-2016, 12:20 PM

Did he say how they pay for their spice? Or do they steal that too?