PDA

View Full Version : Speculation time: What single event got the ncaa to oxford?

AlSwearengen
04-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Or, what pushed the ncaa to say they had had enough? To me, the biggest head scratcher was Tunsil. But, they may have been keeping an eye on oxford much earlier than that.

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Or, what pushed the ncaa to say they had had enough? To me, the biggest head scratcher was Tunsil. But, they may have been keeping an eye on oxford much earlier than that.

They were turned in over Tunsil by all accounts. He wasn't the only one though. That whole class raised eyebrows. You just don't come off where they had been and sign a class like that. It just doesn't happen.

Tbonewannabe
04-12-2016, 02:34 PM
They were turned in over Tunsil by all accounts. He wasn't the only one though. That whole class raised eyebrows. You just don't come off where they had been and sign a class like that. It just doesn't happen.

Are you saying that a coach who had no big time success at any level and only has 1 year Div 1 head coaching experience can't take over a 2 win program at a low level SEC school and get them a top 5 recruiting class? You obviously don't know how hard Hugh Freeze prayed to get those players under his God loving arms and into a program that is built on love.

You sir are a non believer.

BossDawg
04-12-2016, 02:39 PM
I think it goes as far back as Orgeron. What particular event is anyone's call, but I think they started throwing up a few red flags the instant they hired Ed O.

Reason2succeed
04-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I think it was when they had a movie produced that insulted the intelligence of every coach and recruiting insider. Not to mention that Hugh Freeze (hello, click an ad) pissing off Bo Pelini, Nick Saban, and Mark Richt didn't help at all.

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 02:48 PM
Firing Pete Boone?

It seems he became more cautious in his latter years and was no longer #AllIn #TheNetwork

He was against recruiting Powe and against re-hiring David Saunders the third time.

Political Hack
04-12-2016, 03:54 PM
Stole Tunsil from Richt and then the UGA President went to take over the NCAA. That's the correct answer.

Bubb Rubb
04-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Powe becoming eligible, Forward Rebels pushing out Boone, Nutt heppin'. It's in there somewhere.

Coach34
04-12-2016, 04:00 PM
It's been said 13 different NCAA schools turned them in over the 2013 signing class alone and many more since...I think that got the ball rolling

Bubb Rubb
04-12-2016, 04:36 PM
It's been said 13 different NCAA schools turned them in over the 2013 signing class alone and many more since...I think that got the ball rolling

Well, the academic fraud stuff with Saunders - we know that predates the 2013 class.

Coach34
04-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Well, the academic fraud stuff with Saunders - we know that predates the 2013 class.

Sanders wasn't interviewed until December, 2013- obviously they had found things before that though. But they started getting turned in back in 2012 for that recruiting class

msstatelp1
04-12-2016, 04:57 PM

This...especially since it was supposedly some of the biggest schools in the NCAA. The NCAA leadership knew it had to do something or face becoming totally irrelevant and possibly having schools form their own governing body.

Dawgowar
04-12-2016, 07:49 PM
UNM's followers always thought they deserved national recognition - now they finally earned it. Congrats, you are now seen as the most corrupt SOB's in all of NCAA football.

sbcmortgageman
04-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Forward Rebels.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
04-12-2016, 09:13 PM
When Sleeze pulled Tunsil without Tunsil even stepping foot on campus for a visit is when the NCAA took notice...This really pissed off Adams and when he joined the NCAA he put UM in his crosshairs.

ElitedawgRecruiting
04-13-2016, 06:41 AM
Actually the correct answer is "how did all these recruits get a free airplane ride to the Birmingham Bowl and tickets to the game for free". That and "why are certain coaches at the Library with yancy and a stack of paper in their hands". There are actual pictures of both events that were turned over to the NCAA. That was the ball that got it started rolling. But once they started digging, it snow balled

Dawgface
04-13-2016, 08:03 AM
UNM's followers always thought they deserved national recognition - now they finally earned it. Congrats, you are now seen as the most corrupt SOB's in all of NCAA football.

Script currently being written for a future espn 30 for 30 episode.

PassInterference
04-13-2016, 08:22 AM
Actually the correct answer is "how did all these recruits get a free airplane ride to the Birmingham Bowl and tickets to the game for free". That and "why are certain coaches at the Library with yancy and a stack of paper in their hands". There are actual pictures of both events that were turned over to the NCAA. That was the ball that got it started rolling. But once they started digging, it snow balled

http://i.giphy.com/mvarWsRjnE0Ja.gif

I'd call it "new money". Redneck family is suddenly wealthy and just can't control themselves.

Mjoelner34
04-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Script currently being written for a future espn 30 for 30 episode.

Episode? Hell, this thing may be a mini-series.

Dawgface
04-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Episode? Hell, this thing may be a mini-series.

I'd actually rather see it end up on 60 Minutes. That's the best show for recapping and exposing scum. A final black stamp on the case......so to speak.