PDA

View Full Version : Hey Blacklisted-OM pitcher Pagnozzi got a DUI on Friday- pitched Sunday

Coach34
04-12-2016, 07:53 AM
that OM discipline just keeps shining through. People with misdemeanors continue to keep their scholarships- and not only that- dont even sit out

edited to add- not putting C-L link up. No clicking

messageboardsuperhero
04-12-2016, 07:56 AM
LOL, I saw something about that on twitter. Guy got a DUI on Friday night and is pitching again on Sunday- maybe the most UM thing ever.

starkvegasdawg
04-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Let me guess at the headline: Ole Miss pitcher leads communion 25 times and is harassed by atheist police officer.

BiscuitEater
04-12-2016, 08:19 AM
Whoa!! DUI on Friday night .. pitches on Sunday. How did he fit in the out and back to Haiti in only ONE day?

That guy is quick!

Dawgface
04-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Freeze preached to him on Saturday. All is good.

PassInterference
04-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Where is the outrage for Pagnozzi? He endangered LIVES.

Meanwhile Simmons is vilified for the distastefulness of his misdemeanor.

Where are the smear articles on Pagnozzi? Where art thou, Clarion Ledger? Is endangering lives not distasteful or emotional as cell phone video of a guy hitting a girl? Which act had the potential to KILL PEOPLE?

Society marches on emotion. If only Pagnozzi had hit a gay person.

drunkernhelldawg
04-12-2016, 09:12 AM
Where is the outrage for Pagnozzi? He endangered LIVES.

Meanwhile Simmons is vilified for the distastefulness of his misdemeanor.

Where are the smear articles on Pagnozzi? Where art thou, Clarion Ledger? Is endangering lives not distasteful or emotional as cell phone video of a guy hitting a girl? Which act had the potential to KILL PEOPLE?

Society marches on emotion. If only Pagnozzi had hit a gay person.

Come on man. Could've been a .08. That's not likely too endanger lives. Seen sober people endanger some lives on our roads. Seeing it day and night.

You actually can't drive a vehicle without endangering lives. It's the most dangerous thing we do, but .08's are not the reason for that.

GreenheadDawg
04-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Please Not this ****ing argument again

msstate7
04-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Come on man. Could've been a .08. That's not likely too endanger lives. Seen sober people endanger some lives on our roads. Seeing it day and night.

You actually can't drive a vehicle without endangering lives. It's the most dangerous thing we do, but .08's are not the reason for that.

Not sure if it was a check point; but if not, he was driving crazy enough to be pulled over

starkvegasdawg
04-12-2016, 09:16 AM

You're actually excusing away driving drunk? Guess that explains your user name.

You are right, though, about one thing. Driving a vehicle is one of the most dangerous things we do. That's why it's illegal to drive after having a few because then it becomes even more difficult. Same reason they outlawed texting while driving. You for or against that? How about driving while texting and hammered?

DanDority
04-12-2016, 09:33 AM

Key word,"Could've been a .08". Do you know it was .08, Hell no you don't, but you say it could've been.

Tbonewannabe
04-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Key word,"Could've been a .08". Do you know it was .08, Hell no you don't, but you say it could've been.

Could have also been a 0.2 and he was too drunk to stand. Amazing how that works.

AlSwearengen
04-12-2016, 09:47 AM
some dense ****ers got through the cracks over here. You turn this thread into a debate about being able to drive safely at a certain blood alcohol level? Damn, just Damn!!

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 09:52 AM
According to WTVA Dak had his court date yesterday.

Odd statement in the short article:
"Court documents indicate Prescott refused to submit to the breathalyzer test."
http://www.wtva.com/_MSU_Quarterback_Dak_Prescott_Had_Court_Date_.html

CL, ESPN, TMZ, WAPT and others reported earlier that he took 2 breathalyzer tests, neither being valid.

WAPT reported:
"According to an eight-page document, the arresting officer gave Prescott two Breathalyzer tests within a 30-minute period. Results from the first test showed an invalid sample. The second test showed an insufficient sample."

So, what's up with WTVA saying he refused?

Dawg61
04-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Please Not this ****ing argument again

This!!!

Coach34
04-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Just the hypocrisy of man. We only adhere to certain Commandments that suit us...we only want to punish certain misdemeanors that suit us. Some people look at drinking and driving as no big deal- I mean you got to get home right??? Some people who have had a relative killed by a drunk driver view much more seriously. Some people view a boy and girl fighting as shocking- some of us that have seen quite a few see it as no big deal.

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2016, 10:27 AM
According to WTVA Dak had his court date yesterday.

Odd statement in the short article:
"Court documents indicate Prescott refused to submit to the breathalyzer test."
http://www.wtva.com/_MSU_Quarterback_Dak_Prescott_Had_Court_Date_.html

CL, ESPN, TMZ, WAPT and others reported earlier that he took 2 breathalyzer tests, neither being valid.

WAPT reported:
"According to an eight-page document, the arresting officer gave Prescott two Breathalyzer tests within a 30-minute period. Results from the first test showed an invalid sample. The second test showed an insufficient sample."

So, what's up with WTVA saying he refused?
It's Tupelo media. Y'all just think Jackson is bad.

Boodawg
04-12-2016, 11:10 AM
The no texting law should be more stringent than it is. Should be like $1000 fine if caught texting and driving. Don't know how many times I've had to swerve off a road to avoid someone texting.

PassInterference
04-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Just the hypocrisy of man. We only adhere to certain Commandments that suit us...we only want to punish certain misdemeanors that suit us. Some people look at drinking and driving as no big deal- I mean you got to get home right??? Some people who have had a relative killed by a drunk driver view much more seriously. Some people view a boy and girl fighting as shocking- some of us that have seen quite a few see it as no big deal.

This all day. Man is emotional, fickle, and in need of unchanging truth.

Tbonewannabe
04-12-2016, 11:38 AM
The no texting law should be more stringent than it is. Should be like $1000 fine if caught texting and driving. Don't know how many times I've had to swerve off a road to avoid someone texting.

Definitely, the stats coming out around texting and driving make it more dangerous than drunk driving.

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 11:43 AM
I read where Greg Sankey had a 1-hour Q&A with the media yesterday in Birmingham.

Sankey was asked whether there was any intention to expand the "serious misconduct" transfer rule to include incoming freshmen. (Hours later, Bonner wrote an article indicating this was asked of Sankey and brings up Jeffrey Simmons.) Sankey said there were no current intentions to expand the rule to incoming freshmen.

So, what are the odds that it was Bonner or another CL writer that asked Sankey about expanding the rule to apply to incoming freshmen?

DawgHouseUnited
04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
I read where Greg Sankey had a 1-hour Q&A with the media yesterday in Birmingham.

Sankey was asked whether there was any intention to expand the "serious misconduct" transfer rule to include incoming freshmen. (Hours later, Bonner wrote an article indicating this was asked of Sankey and brings up Jeffrey Simmons.) Sankey said there were no current intentions to expand the rule to incoming freshmen.

So, what are the odds that it was Bonner or another CL writer that asked Sankey about expanding the rule to apply to incoming freshmen?

Is it just my noticing it lately, or has the clarion fishwrap really upped the frequency of the MSU attacks lately?

starkvegasdawg
04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Is it just my noticing it lately, or has the clarion fishwrap really upped the frequency of the MSU attacks lately?

Based on the headlines I have seen linked and discussed here, yes. Guess they're trying to bring us down as much as possible in anticipation of the NCAA breaking off about 10" in Freeze and their whole program.

DawgHouseUnited
04-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Based on the headlines I have seen linked and discussed here, yes. Guess they're trying to bring us down as much as possible in anticipation of the NCAA breaking off about 10" in Freeze and their whole program.

That was my guess as well, but I don't read anything from them beyond a headline, so I wasn't sure. It's really starting to look like they're trying to turn into the OM school newspaper.

Mjoelner34
04-12-2016, 12:05 PM

What is going to be rather telling is how often MSU and our past transgressions are mentioned in the article about UNM when the story finally breaks and they're forced to write something. I guarantee you that the story will try to paint us just as guilty but not getting caught.

JDog13
04-12-2016, 12:07 PM
I thought boner said Sankey replied that they were discussing including incoming freshmen. Which one is correct?

DancingRabbit
04-12-2016, 12:19 PM
I thought boner said Sankey replied that they were discussing including incoming freshmen. Which one is correct?

Said it's been discussed but no current intentions to do that.

From AL.com:
"That's a conversation that has occurred but I don't think that's the direction at this point but still ongoing dialogue," Sankey said. "Some difficulties are knowing ? you're not going to know if someone is a minor what may have happened. You are relying on different sources of information. When you reach the age of majority, there's a bit more ability to get records."

It's a moot point concerning Simmons since simple assault is not considered "serious misconduct". But Boner is gonna Boner.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/04/feedback_on_jonathan_taylor_ru.html

archdog
04-12-2016, 04:18 PM
Nope. Just more people doing it. If you had the number of people drinking and driving at all hours of the day as you do with texting the numbers of accidents would be astronomical.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
04-12-2016, 04:31 PM
And you have more people that own cell phones and cars vs people that own cars and drink.

Todd4State
04-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Back to Pagnozzi- this is nothing new at Ole Miss. I remember Mark Wright got a DUI during a SR there one year. He played.

Meanwhile Cohen has no trouble suspending Gavin Collins for a game even though he is our leading home run hitter and plays the one position where we don't have a ton of depth.

RocketDawg
04-12-2016, 05:12 PM
I think the point of the original post was hypocrisy, not whether driving under the influence is acceptable or not (and the vast majority say no, it's not ... only the single poster seemed to think it was alright).

The point is that Dak was highly criticized, as he should have been, for driving while under the influence. I gather he was criticized heavily by the CL, but he certainly was by the OM fans. And now they same thing happens to one of their players, and he pitches a game two days later, while many thought that Dak had and should have blown his NFL career away.

Some of that could be because Dak is a high profile person, and probably very few have heard of Pagnozzi (I know I haven't), but the hypocrisy is still there.

Both of them screwed up.

blacklistedbully
04-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Coach34, the thing is, this is just, "another day at the office" for Hugh Freeze, Bjoke and the Ole Miss faithful.

Me making a point of trumpeting this on other boards will, no doubt, be met with a yawn from Ole Miss posters, though those hyenas will do their best to pack together and come after me in a desperate attempt to get me to post something that will get be banned.

Still, I'll probably twist those nipples over there anyway, it's what I do. Some Ole Miss tool will reference ED as my source. Always seems to be good for a couple thousand or more clicks on our board from those morons running over to see for themselves. ;)