PDA

View Full Version : What the hey did Archie say about Bama on Finebaum???

Tripp McNeely
04-11-2016, 06:03 PM
The Gumps were friggin' livid!!

Schultzy
04-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Haven't seen it but will take a blind guess, the NCAA is on us but what about the Bama signing classes!!??

IMO No way they are close to clean either, and raising the stakes on a major level as well.

RocketDawg
04-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Haven't seen it but will take a blind guess, the NCAA is on us but what about the Bama signing classes!!??

IMO No way they are close to clean either, and raising the stakes on a major level as well.

I doubt Bama has to pay players to the extent that OM does (they don't have to ... they have the tradition and status that players want to go there), but I wouldn't be surprised that they have to do a lot to "qualify" some of their good players. Academic fraud, if you will.

I've never really understood why playing football well and having a brain were almost mutually exclusive .... it didn't seem to be that way when I was in high school, or at least not to the level it is now.

mic
04-11-2016, 06:21 PM
the NCAA is probably finding out that Archies hands are a little dirty as well...

Schultzy
04-11-2016, 06:22 PM
I doubt Bama has to pay players to the extent that OM does (they don't have to ... they have the tradition and status that players want to go there), but I wouldn't be surprised that they have to do a lot to "qualify" some of their good players. Academic fraud, if you will.

I've never really understood why playing football well and having a brain were almost mutually exclusive .... it didn't seem to be that way when I was in high school, or at least not to the level it is now.

To me, this excuse making for their having the #1 ranked class for the last decade or so is getting old, it ain't all about tradition guys.

RocketDawg
04-11-2016, 06:22 PM
the NCAA is probably finding out that Archies hands are a little dirty as well...

That could very well be true. He was instrumental in getting Freeze, so that sort of gives you an indication. And I've always liked Archie.

Schultzy
04-11-2016, 06:27 PM

That's just a bridge too far for me to entertain, in terms of him being cited publicly. No doubt he might help, but no way he allows that to happen without buffers.

msstate7
04-11-2016, 06:35 PM

That would be great

oldjoedawg
04-11-2016, 06:36 PM
You do know that it was not Archie Who?, don't you. I believe it was a fairly regular caller named 'Archie'.... some guy (PJ from Tupelo) called in to take up for his cousin "Archie' and said they both grew up in Ala and that it was just a joking comment.

The Gumps were friggin' livid!!

RocketDawg
04-11-2016, 06:46 PM
To me, this excuse making for their having the #1 ranked class for the last decade or so is getting old, it ain't all about tradition guys.

But relative to OM it is. Nobody's saying that Bama is clean ... relatively speaking.

RocketDawg
04-11-2016, 06:48 PM
You do know that it was not Archie Who?, don't you. I believe it was a fairly regular caller named 'Archie'.... some guy (PJ from Tupelo) called in to take up for his cousin "Archie' and said they both grew up in Ala and that it was just a joking comment.

No, when someone just mentions Archie relative to football, it's reasonable to assume that they mean Archie Who. I don't watch Finebaum ... I tried it once and was bored and insulted. So I haven't tried him since.

oldjoedawg
04-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Well, in this case the assumption is wrong. Don't know or care for the Ms 'Archie' or the Ala one. nor for Paul F for that matter, but I do care about accuracy in information being posted. I am sure you do as well.

No, when someone just mentions Archie relative to football, it's reasonable to assume that they mean Archie Who. I don't watch Finebaum ... I tried it once and was bored and insulted. So I haven't tried him since.

Schultzy
04-11-2016, 06:53 PM
With the type recruiting we've been up against 89 miles east of us and 119 miles north, our success the last few years is fairly remarkable.

Tripp McNeely
04-11-2016, 07:06 PM

I had no idea which "Archie" it was, I heard 3-4 mad Gumps that mentioned "Archie"...and rambled on about how they were gonna kill om this year...no context from them (obviously) or Paul in the brief time I had it on

shannondawg
04-11-2016, 07:15 PM
"Archie" is from the coast, if I had to guess he lives in his mama's basement. Calls everyday, or at least the ones I watch. Real Juvenile about his topics, typical ole miss.

Dawg61
04-11-2016, 10:40 PM
I never watch the Paul Finebama show. I'm a MSU fan why would I or you watch a Bama blow job show ever? They don't even have a MSU alum analyst on the SEC Network outta like 30 of them. I did meet Greg McElroy though and he is very knowledgeable about MSU. Good dude. Very smart.

CadaverDawg
04-11-2016, 11:01 PM
That could very well be true. He was instrumental in getting Freeze, so that sort of gives you an indication. And I've always liked Archie.

Not sure how State fans can like Archie. I know for a fact that he helped get the Network rolling, and he wouldn't piss on Mississippi State if it was in flames. Don't let his good ole boy tv public image fool you...he's a snake just like the rest of em.

1bigdawg
04-12-2016, 12:01 AM
Not sure how State fans can like Archie. I know for a fact that he helped get the Network rolling, and he wouldn't piss on Mississippi State if it was in flames. Don't let his good ole boy tv public image fool you...he's a snake just like the rest of em.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

RocketDawg
04-12-2016, 07:25 AM

Keep in mind that I haven't lived in Mississippi for about 50 years, so I'm not privy to the day-to-day goings on of MSU/OM battles. I know we're not physically far from either school, but they're rarely mentioned by the media here. It's a different world. Most of my friends and acquaintances are Bama fans (and most are sidewalk fans to boot, naturally) and most of them get State and OM confused. They don't even know that the hammer is about to fall on OM .... I guess that shows how knowledgeable they really are. Of course, we don't actually know that they're about to get nailed but it certainly seems to be in the cards.