PDA

View Full Version : Sammie Epps

jumbo
04-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Steve mentioned in the boneyard today that he was on campus last weekend and expected back this weekend. Was a 4* out of HS and was MVP of the MS-AL game.

He's at Northwest CC now after being dismissed from OM. I can't remember the circumstances and all I could find with a quick google was the generic "violation of team rules".

Tbonewannabe
04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Steve mentioned in the boneyard today that he was on campus last weekend and expected back this weekend. Was a 4* out of HS and was MVP of the MS-AL game.

He's at Northwest CC now after being dismissed from OM. I can't remember the circumstances and all I could find with a quick google was the generic "violation of team rules".

Didn't he talk the fall for someone else? Seems like he and another player got into some trouble but he was the only one to get the boot.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-11-2016, 02:41 PM
I thought it was for weed and a suspended license, but could be wrong. I thought I had heard where he wasn't at NWCC anymore.

fishwater99
04-11-2016, 02:42 PM
driving without a license and weed

I think Mullen needs to help this young man...

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2016, 02:43 PM
I think he was at Northwest but now is at Northeast not playing football though. I'd take him as a walk on but with him at his 2nd juco & not sure if he's even playing football this year no way I waste a scholarship on him.

starkvegasdawg
04-11-2016, 02:47 PM
He was one of the ones in the car during the traffic stop with machine gun and another starter were found to be under the influence and I think possession. He took the fall for the stars and was summarily dismissed because bucky is such a stout disciplinarian.

deltadawg99
04-11-2016, 03:01 PM
If memory serves me correct, he almost came in for a visit late in the process but they ended up not happening. I think he was having second thoughts, but I remember their being rumblings that his mom had gotten a job with OM or something like that.

Kid is a player and would love to have him if he's grown up some

reno hightower
04-11-2016, 03:18 PM
sounds like a Michael Carr part deux situation. it seems like these guys that get dismissed then bounce around from school to school or quit then try to come back rarely make it. could be wrong but i doubt it

starkvegasdawg
04-11-2016, 03:21 PM
This is nothing like the Carr situation. Couldn't be any more different.

thf24
04-11-2016, 03:52 PM
If memory serves me correct, he almost came in for a visit late in the process but they ended up not happening. I think he was having second thoughts, but I remember their being rumblings that his mom had gotten a job with OM or something like that.

Kid is a player and would love to have him if he's grown up some

I believe that turned out to be an OM flip-our-own-croot setup, and we didn't take the bait.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I was wrong. There is smoke to this. A lot of it.

maroonmania
04-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Is he considered an outside WR? Would he be eligible this Fall?

YazooDawg23
04-11-2016, 05:45 PM
You have to wonder if this is one of the guys the NCAA has interviewed. His recruitment was weird and has no reason to cover for the Rebs.

Tripp McNeely
04-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Would he be in the 16' class??

RealHastings
04-11-2016, 08:12 PM
I knew something was up with the way he was just "dismissed" from the team at OM, something seemed off with the whole situation. Kid was an absolute freak in the MS/AL game, really hope we can land him.