PDA

View Full Version : Pitching depth

bgover4
04-11-2016, 12:00 PM
This team is coming out every weekend and putting on a great performance with Sexton and Hudson and if Sunday comes around we could win the SEC. Also we seem to have enough arms to get us over the mid week game.

But how does this team translate for a tournament format...It's great to be able to take 2 of 3 every weekend but to me tournaments throw a wrench into pitching rotations and a great team can struggle in that format.

What are the thoughts for this teams makeup?

I ask because I don't really getting too in depth in baseball and I know a lot of you are much more knowledgeable.

shoeless joe
04-11-2016, 12:07 PM
I really think we're in a good place. We've got a horse or 2 that will give us 7+ of not a CG. Then we've got some guys we can stretch out in order to save the pen. But in any tourney setting at some point someone has to step up and eat innings while not allowing runs.

But in today's game the only time any of that matters is the SEC tourney. The way the Regional, supers, and CWS is set up pitching depth isn't near as important...unless you get in losers bracket early.

War Machine Dawg
04-11-2016, 12:16 PM
I really think we're in a good place. We've got a horse or 2 that will give us 7+ of not a CG. Then we've got some guys we can stretch out in order to save the pen. But in any tourney setting at some point someone has to step up and eat innings while not allowing runs.

But in today's game the only time any of that matters is the SEC tourney. The way the Regional, supers, and CWS is set up pitching depth isn't near as important...unless you get in losers bracket early.

Bingo. Stay in the winners bracket and it doesn't matter. As Al Davis would say "Just win, baby!"