PDA

View Full Version : #2 in Baseball America

lefty96
04-11-2016, 07:28 AM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-top-25-april-11/#GrfcEpmOTj1ethMY.97

Dawgface
04-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Nice.

Brando
04-11-2016, 07:51 AM
How the hell did Ole Piss jump from 14 to 8 from sweeping Ark? Ark was ranked 23?

Reason2succeed
04-11-2016, 07:54 AM
I don't care much for baseball but this is impressive. We need billboards!!!

DancingRabbit
04-11-2016, 09:15 AM
#3 in PerfectGame
#2 in D1 Baseball

shoeless joe
04-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Means nothing. Players have earned the recognition tho.

bulldogcountry1
04-11-2016, 09:47 AM
We have been #1 early several times in recent history, mostly because of a soft pre-SEC schedule. I feel like they have really earned this high of a ranking by beating some of the best, and it seems to mean more (as much as it can at this point).

War Machine Dawg
04-11-2016, 09:51 AM
We have been #1 early several times in recent history, mostly because of a soft pre-SEC schedule. I feel like they have really earned this high of a ranking by beating some of the best, and it seems to mean more (as much as it can at this point).

No question about this. Earning a high ranking by kicking the asses of other great teams versus being #1 because we destroyed a bunch of nobodies is completely different. The former is so much more enjoyable. The latter is just a tease, because we all knew we weren't that good. This team is this damn good.

blacklistedbully
04-11-2016, 09:51 AM
How the hell did Ole Piss jump from 14 to 8 from sweeping Ark? Ark was ranked 23?

A lot of teams in front of them had bad weeks at the same time they went 4-0 and swept UPig. Maybe they got 2-3 spots higher than they should have, but it's close.

A little surprised they jumped Oregon State & Louisville (suppose it helped that they won the series vs Louisville), and Vandy is a bit surprising, but not shocking.

ScoobaDawg
04-11-2016, 11:49 AM
The next 2 weekends will determine just how special this team can possibly be.
Friday night. Hudson has to get back on track and lead the way. Sexton has been consistent. then we find out if Pilkington can step up to the test the rest of the SEC...
Take 4 of 6 and we should be able to feel very good about taking the West and hosting. We win 1 of the sunday games (meaning 5 of 6...) and time to start thinking about about how deep we could go at OMAHA.

engie
04-11-2016, 11:52 AM
No question about this. Earning a high ranking by kicking the asses of other great teams versus being #1 because we destroyed a bunch of nobodies is completely different. The former is so much more enjoyable. The latter is just a tease, because we all knew we weren't that good. This team is this damn good.

So -- don't fahr cohenz?*

Political Hack
04-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Hudson
Sexton
Pilk/Houston

Rigby & Small from the pen with Hump when needed. If it works out this way, we challenge in Omaha.

smootness
04-11-2016, 12:37 PM
The next 2 weekends will determine just how special this team can possibly be.
Friday night. Hudson has to get back on track and lead the way. Sexton has been consistent. then we find out if Pilkington can step up to the test the rest of the SEC...
Take 4 of 6 and we should be able to feel very good about taking the West and hosting. We win 1 of the sunday games (meaning 5 of 6...) and time to start thinking about about how deep we could go at OMAHA.

It's going to be tough for us not to host at this point, honestly. Even if we were to only win 2 combined these next two weekends, I would still like our chances to host. If we win both series, then it's time to think about being a national seed.

ScoobaDawg
04-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Hudson
Sexton
Pilk/Houston

Rigby & Small from the pen with Hump when needed. If it works out this way, we challenge in Omaha.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TQTdxqPdIbs/hqdefault.jpg

War Machine Dawg
04-11-2016, 12:46 PM
It's going to be tough for us not to host at this point, honestly. Even if we were to only win 2 combined these next two weekends, I would still like our chances to host. If we win both series, then it's time to think about being a national seed.

Considering we're consensus Top 5 and the schedule *should* get easier after this weekend, I think we should already be talking national seed. Hosting should be a given.

drunkernhelldawg
04-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Means nothing. Players have earned the recognition tho.

You're right. Every pitch is tougher than hell. Can we keep standing up? I believe so, but I'm not the one who has to suck it up every day.