PDA

View Full Version : Play that was the deciding difference....

Coach34
04-10-2016, 08:40 PM
1-0 in the 7th- man on 2nd. 0 outs. Cohen gives Holland the bunt. He gets down 0-2, swings away...doubles to put men on 2nd and 3rd- could have been a HR- but thats another discussion. We didnt give up the out and got the decisive run. Now, while I agree that was actually a place that a bunt could absolutely be called- it shows yet again you dont have to give good teams outs. Things will work out

0 Sac bunts for the weekend according to the stats- and we beat the #1 team in the Country on the road 2/3. Thanks for not giving away outs.

shoeless joe
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Eh...if he gets it down and everything plays out the same then we still score the second run.

But I do give credit to holland for hittin the ball out after not getting it down. He refused to fail.

basedog
04-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Baseball is such a great game, so many decisions and many ways how to manage.

Cohen is own his way to at least being SEC coach of the year.

Coach34
04-10-2016, 09:04 PM
He and SC's coach are certainly the fav's right now.

basedog
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM

Correction, in the running I meant.

Big day for all 3 pitchers and again clutch hitting. Watching our young guys is so exciting for the future. Houston had to gain lots of swag today. He was lights out.

Commercecomet24
04-10-2016, 09:38 PM

Exactly! There are so many different approaches that you can win with in baseball(gotta have pitching though). You can play small ball, you can feature the running game, you can play for the 3 run homer, etc, etc. Just so many different ways to win and I've seen teams using every philosophy imaginable. What a great game!

Homedawg
04-10-2016, 09:54 PM
As it turned out the throw by brown was the play of the day. Or at least one of the 2. The Gridley hr being the other