PDA

View Full Version : Been getting live scrimmage updates

Coach34
08-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Chris Jones is a damn man- picked off Russell and ran it about 60 yards. He is making a play to start by Aug 31st
Russell has thrown a couple picks
Run game actually looks pretty good
Morrow still gonna Morrow
Shump and JRob looking good
Dak had two 3 and outs to begin
Defense looks very damn good

msstate7
08-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Still haven't heard any practice updates about Autry. Is he non-existent so far or what? Really need him to be a dominate player for us

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Autry and Jones were at DE...and said they looked great

msstate7
08-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Autry and Jones were at DE...and said they looked great

Thanks coach for great news. Two 5-star de's at miss state is still amazing to me

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:15 PM
"Redmond looking good"
"Jiles making some hits"
"Bennie Brown looking great- he looks a step better than Ritchie at this point"

messageboardsuperhero
08-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Has he said anything about Justin Cox or Nickoe?

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:19 PM
"Quay running with 2's- had a sack...is playing hard"
"James with 3's"
"We are making FG's"

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Hate to hear that about Morrow, but color me unsurprised. S-O-F-T.

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:28 PM
"Jones with another sack"
"McKinney all over"
"Longest pass play was from Dak to Holmes"

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:36 PM
"If McKinney doesn't make at least 2nd team All-SEC I'll kiss your ass"
"Quay is sucking wind"
"Russell with another pick on a tipped pass"

engie
08-15-2013, 07:38 PM
"Longest pass play was from Dak to Holmes"

Wooliness...

Are we using the TEs as lead blockers in the running game?

engie
08-15-2013, 07:39 PM
Bout sick of hearing about Russell picks and sacks though...

Is this split squad or 1s vs 1s and 2s vs 2s? Sure do hope Jones isn't going through our starting tackles...

PassInterference
08-15-2013, 07:46 PM
It is normal for the defense to be ahead of the offense at this time of the year.

Jones had a pick 60 yard INT? Any scoop on where he was in relation to Russell and the LOS when he made the play?

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
It's 1's vs 1's as well as mixed

engie
08-15-2013, 07:49 PM
It's the time that the offense should be starting to click pretty good... Only have one more week until we begin installation for Ok State...

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:49 PM
It is normal for the defense to be ahead of the offense at this time of the year.

Jones had a pick 60 yard INT? Any scoop on where he was in relation to Russell and the LOS when he made the play?

he pulled it out of the damn air at the LOS

Coach34
08-15-2013, 07:52 PM
"Shump and Dak running read option looks goooooooooood"

PassInterference
08-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Anybody got OSU message board scoop? I wonder if their offense looks flat.

601Dawg
08-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I've got unreal Chris Jones Wool

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Are we using the TEs as lead blockers in the running game?

+1 This is maybe the single most important question of camp, imo. I've got a feeling that Holmes would be a badass H-back/FB if we choose to use him in that role.

Dallas_Dawg
08-15-2013, 08:52 PM
+1 This is maybe the single most important question of camp, imo. I've got a feeling that Holmes would be a badass H-back/FB if we choose to use him in that role.
All I have heard is that Holmes shows "good hands." Haven't heard any reports of I-formation looks with a fullback.

Saltydog
08-15-2013, 09:08 PM
awfully crowded. U think he red shirts? I hope he does. Unless he sees considerable time I hope he sits this one out. We've got a crowded house at RB.

Will James
08-15-2013, 09:13 PM
"Shump and Dak running read option looks goooooooooood"

Me you Cad and WMD been on this train for a while now

I seen it dawg
08-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Milton gets buried. I hate it bc I like him and he has talent but something seems missing. Perk, JRob, Griffin and Shump are going to be our backs I think.

CadaverDawg
08-15-2013, 09:17 PM

Hell yea

ckDOG
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
I hope our strategy on offense this year involves using our stronger backs running behind the interior lineman (our biggest strength) to wear out defenses. I just don't see Russell and our raw receiving core being effective unless we are running downhill to set them up for success

Harrydawg
08-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Post scrimmage interview on CL......CDMA says Derunya W and C. Jones stood out...made plays.

Coach34
08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Post scrimmage interview on CL......CDMA says Derunya W and C. Jones stood out...made plays.

Wilson has NFL talent- nobody doubts that. He simply has to learn how to play the game. He will be a constant work in progress the next 2 years- but he will be making some damn plays

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Milton gets buried. I hate it bc I like him and he has talent but something seems missing. Perk, JRob, Griffin and Shump are going to be our backs I think.

This wouldn't surprise me a bit, but it would suck to waste Shump as the 3rd or 4th RB when we don't have to. Then aGAIN, I've been the guy catching hell for nearly a full year for saying Milton isn't as good as everyone seems to think he is. Especially when you throw in his fumblitis.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 10:00 PM

+1 Rep for you!!

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Wilson has NFL talent- nobody doubts that. He simply has to learn how to play the game. He will be a constant work in progress the next 2 years- but he will be making some damn plays

I'm really excited about Wilson's potential. But isn't the consensus that he's likely to redshirt this year? He's awfully raw, considering he's only been playing football for 2 years. Still, the physical tools are there. Who knows, maybe Gonzalez is polishing him wayyyyy faster than anyone thought possible.

War Machine Dawg
08-15-2013, 10:04 PM
All I have heard is that Holmes shows "good hands." Haven't heard any reports of I-formation looks with a fullback.

It doesn't have to be the old school I-Form. He can play offset from the line or as the up-back in the Pistol. Or put him in motion, pull him, etc. Essentially, it's about using him as a lead blocker in a more traditional "FB" role than as a receiver/in-line blocker in a more traditional "TE" role. Make sense?

Coach34
08-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm really excited about Wilson's potential. But isn't the consensus that he's likely to redshirt this year?

It was until practice started

mic
08-15-2013, 10:12 PM
It was until practice started

I think at least 2 frosh WR don't redshirt.
Ross being one ..
and yeah its going to be hard to keep Shump off the field..

CooterDavenport
08-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Russel threw, what, 10 interceptions last year including the terrible bowl game? You've got to figure he gets it together.

Homedawg
08-15-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm really excited about Wilson's potential. But isn't the consensus that he's likely to redshirt this year? He's awfully raw, considering he's only been playing football for 2 years. Still, the physical tools are there. Who knows, maybe Gonzalez is polishing him wayyyyy faster than anyone thought possible.

I really don't think so. He and ross I've said we're going to play. Might be wrong. But by numbers I think it's a certainty 2 will bc morrow can't catch a cold.

msstate7
08-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I really don't think so. He and ross I've said we're going to play. Might be wrong. But by numbers I think it's a certainty 2 will bc morrow can't catch a cold.
When is it time to give morrow a look at safety?

Coach34
08-15-2013, 10:48 PM
When is it time to give morrow a look at safety?

uhhhh never?

Not a big fan of contact they say

msstate7
08-15-2013, 11:13 PM
uhhhh never?

Not a big fan of contact they say

Ahhh...thought it was butterfingers

engie
08-15-2013, 11:24 PM
It's put up or shut up time for him IMO...

Numbers are starting to get really, really tight next year... 3 years is long enough to "get it"...

Bothrops
08-15-2013, 11:35 PM
I don't think Milton will get buried. He's too hard to catch from behind, and, at times, hard to tackle. He should get more snaps this year.

ShotgunDawg
08-15-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't think Milton will get buried. He's too hard to catch from behind, and, at times, hard to tackle. He should get more snaps this year.

So...who are you taking snaps away from to get Milton more snaps?

I like two running backs and only 2. Running back is a feel and rhythm position. When you spread carries among to many people the group suffers.

Irondawg
08-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Based on everything I've seen I think Shumpert passes Milton on the depth chart as hammer when our interior ground game seems to be struggling. That's not a knock on Milton but I think shump has just been that impressive. Were perk or J-rob to get injuried i still think milton would get a lot rep. he's just a different style of runner than Shump.

Wilson from everything I've read this far has earned a role as a "go get it" receiver. Reports are he really uses his size and goes and attacks the ball at a high point. That comes in handy when you want to run a fade in the end zone from the red zone or you're just throwing one up for grabs on 3rd and 20. Those things don't recall precise route running. So everything says Ross and Wilson play.

I also dont' know what to think of all the CB praise i'm seeing. It either means our WRs are terrible as a group (possible) or we recruited extremely well at this position considering Redmond was the only highly ranked guy out of the group. Hoping it's the latter.

CadaverDawg
08-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Based on everything I've seen I think Shumpert passes Milton on the depth chart as hammer when our interior ground game seems to be struggling. That's not a knock on Milton but I think shump has just been that impressive. Were perk or J-rob to get injuried i still think milton would get a lot rep. he's just a different style of runner than Shump.

Wilson from everything I've read this far has earned a role as a "go get it" receiver. Reports are he really uses his size and goes and attacks the ball at a high point. That comes in handy when you want to run a fade in the end zone from the red zone or you're just throwing one up for grabs on 3rd and 20. Those things don't recall precise route running. So everything says Ross and Wilson play.

I also dont' know what to think of all the CB praise i'm seeing. It either means our WRs are terrible as a group (possible) or we recruited extremely well at this position considering Redmond was the only highly ranked guy out of the group. Hoping it's the latter.

Many think Jiles was vastly underrated as a 3 star, and don't forget Justin Cox who was widely considered one of the top Juco DB's in the country this past year. There may not be a ton of experience back there, but there is some hidden talent in that bunch no doubt.

Dawg61
08-16-2013, 12:16 AM
I think Milton leapfrogged Griffin after his injury. They had almost identical the # of carriers last year meaning they were basically tied as the 3rd back. No room for Shump this year. RS him. You know you're LOADED at RB when you're redshirting Shumpert. Good problem to have. I'm very stoked about Jones. I say start him immediately. It sounds like he's an absolute freak of nature and he could be a real weapon this year. Same with DeRunnya. Give him 4-5 deep throws a game. Maybe he's Randy Moss 2.0. Seriously I am excited for the future. Is it a little "wooly" in here or is it just me?

MSUDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Many think Jiles was vastly underrated as a 3 star, and don't forget Justin Cox who was widely considered one of the top Juco DB's in the country this past year. There may not be a ton of experience back there, but there is some hidden talent in that bunch no doubt.

Agreed.

I'm thinking we still have NFL talent in the secondary. Nickoe and Cox definitely, but probably two of the others also. Sure, we lost two guys to the NFL but I think the talent level is still very high.

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2013, 01:16 AM
I think Milton leapfrogged Griffin after his injury. They had almost identical the # of carriers last year meaning they were basically tied as the 3rd back.

Uhhh......what team were you watching? Griffin was likely our best back prior to his injury. Milton was a clear 4 behind the others, mostly because he can't hold on to the damn ball. He's talented, but I don't see him as an SEC starter, either. Also, most of Milton's carries were in garbage time last year. Griffin was getting his carries when the game was on the line. Big difference for two guys supposedly "tied as the 3rd back."

We'll have to see how Griffin comes back from this injury, but assuming he looks as good as the reports indicate, he'll quickly move back up the depth chart. Plus he might have been our best RB at pass pro last season. I'm still on the J-Rob bandwagon, but would LOVE to see Griffin step up and make some noise.

Todd4State
08-16-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm not too worried about Tyler. Especially since it sounds like one of his INT's was just a freakish play by our DE.

Morrow disappoints me, though. But I'm pretty excited to hear that Fred Ross, D'Runnya Wilson, Chris Jones, and Shumpert are all doing well.

I'm in the Cedric Jiles fan club. I saw him play a couple of times in high school and even then I knew he was going to be legit SEC corner. I've told the story about him shutting down Singleton at least eight times already.

Any word on the o-line? Especially the tackles?

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 06:59 AM
And I got ridiculed for saying Shump would play this season.... I thought Griff's injury and Milton's fumble issues would get him reps, but apparently he doesn't need any help. He's a hammer.

mic
08-16-2013, 07:03 AM
J Love will def be one starter.... he would have started any other year for us except last year , problem was he had 2 NFL studs ahead of him.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah, people forget about Love. He was the nickel guy last year and got plenty of experience. You can look for him to start at one CB in Houston

Homedawg
08-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Uhhh......what team were you watching? Griffin was likely our best back prior to his injury. Milton was a clear 4 behind the others, mostly because he can't hold on to the damn ball. He's talented, but I don't see him as an SEC starter, either. Also, most of Milton's carries were in garbage time last year. Griffin was getting his carries when the game was on the line. Big difference for two guys supposedly "tied as the 3rd back."

We'll have to see how Griffin comes back from this injury, but assuming he looks as good as the reports indicate, he'll quickly move back up the depth chart. Plus he might have been our best RB at pass pro last season. I'm still on the J-Rob bandwagon, but would LOVE to see Griffin step up and make some noise.

^this.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 08:08 AM
I do wish that we had a WR standing out. Maybe we did, but normally a dominant WR just stands out in practice.

#TeamDak

Coach34
08-16-2013, 08:26 AM
I do wish that we had a WR standing out. Maybe we did, but normally a dominant WR just stands out in practice.

#TeamDak

Tubby made some big plays he said- caught a TD from Russell
He also said Derunnya was dragging mf'ers around- but got stripped once. Got to work on little things Freshman

FISHDAWG
08-16-2013, 08:31 AM
I only remember 1 fumble and it was a terrible time to do it- against LSU .... I keep hearing about his propensity to fumble - where does this come from ?

Coach34
08-16-2013, 08:35 AM
practice

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 08:38 AM
He also said Derunnya was dragging mf'ers around- but got stripped once. Got to work on little things Freshman

Thats good to hear, though as much as I like Tubby at PR and KR and in the slot, if one of our bigger WR's doesn't step up, its going to be a problem. We need someone that doesn't have to be open to catch the ball. That was the biggest problem last year. If our guys weren't open, they simply didn't fight for the ball or simply were unable to fight for the ball.

I still think that we are going to miss Bumphis. I know I may be alone in that thought, but the guy did lead the SEC in receiving TD's. That doesn't just accidentally happen.

bocfarm
08-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Wilson was told last night that he's going to play this year along with Ross...throw CJones in there and Shump and that's pretty much it.

Report from scrimmage: TR needs to step it up been average and way off at times, DB's look good but also has to do with bad passes and young WR's...so its hard to tell, def talent and length there. We either have one of the best DL's in the country (hard to believe based on last yr) or a very average OL. Been able to run the ball at times and then at times offense completely stall...waayyyy too many 3 and outs.

OSU is a tough game, there strength is our weakness.....don't get your hopes up.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Same with DeRunnya. Give him 4-5 deep throws a game. Maybe he's Randy Moss 2.0. Seriously I am excited for the future. Is it a little "wooly" in here or is it just me?

DeRunnya is not a Moss-type- think Antonio Gates-type eventually

Coach34
08-16-2013, 09:07 AM
We either have one of the best DL's in the country (hard to believe based on last yr) or a very average OL.

That's kind of a misnomer

Eulls played the entire season out of position. Having him at DT makes our DL better at 2 spots- we get him away from DE which he wasnt really suited to play, and we put him at DT where he can cause some problems due to his quickness. So, with Eulls we have upgraded over Cherrington immediately.

PJ Jones has left behind some of the issues that plagued him and is dedicated to playing football again. May not be as good as Boyd- we dont know yet- but he will be a solid SEC DT

Autry returns after finishing the season strong. He is now adjusted and using more moves with his experience.

Jones/Smith- Jones has tremendous talent...Smith is an upgrade over Eulls also. We have significantly improved at DE.

The depth last year was alot of Freshman- James, Virges, Evans, Brown, etc...those guys are a year older now
The scheme has changed as well to create more havoc upfront to confuse the OL

When broken down- it's not hard to see why we are significantly improved on the DL.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 09:18 AM
That's kind of a misnomer

Eulls played the entire season out of position. Having him at DT makes our DL better at 2 spots- we get him away from DE which he wasnt really suited to play, and we put him at DT where he can cause some problems due to his quickness. So, with Eulls we have upgraded over Cherrington immediately.

PJ Jones has left behind some of the issues that plagued him and is dedicated to playing football again. May not be as good as Boyd- we dont know yet- but he will be a solid SEC DT

Autry returns after finishing the season strong. He is now adjusted and using more moves with his experience.

Jones/Smith- Jones has tremendous talent...Smith is an upgrade over Eulls also. We have significantly improved at DE.

The depth last year was alot of Freshman- James, Virges, Evans, Brown, etc...those guys are a year older now
The scheme has changed as well to create more havoc upfront to confuse the OL

When broken down- it's not hard to see why we are significantly improved on the DL.

The question that i have, is how bad was the DL last year to begin with?

There are only a few certainties on the DL. Who ever is replacing Boyd will be a downgrade. Who ever replaces Eulls at DE will be an upgrade if he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

After that who the hell knows. Eulls could be solid at DT, but he hasn't shown anything at DE, and moving him to DT isn't an automatic anything.

Autry should improve, but how much is the big issue.

If you were using a number system of 1 being the 2002 MSU defensive line and a 10 being the 1998 MSU defensive line, I would have given last year's DL at most a 3. They simply didn't generate pressure, TFL were simply non-existent and overall were just not there. Lets assume the DL improves 2 levels? Maybe even 3. that would still put our DL at around a 6 as compared to past DL and is usually a good indicator as to how we will do in the SEC.

That is a long way of saying, being improved is always good, but when you have a deep hole to climb out of, improvement may not be enough. That is why I think Chris Jones ends up starting by AU unless Preston and Autry are piling up sacks like Curry/Copeland circa 1992.

deltadawg99
08-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Has there been any update on Brandon Hill, Artimas Samuels or Rufus Warren? I was hoping that Hill and Malcolm would be really good receiving tandom at TE and are more of your typical "spread TEs." I think Samuels and Warren are more of your "pro set" TEs that are thicker and probably better blockers. I wouldn't be surprised if we put Samuels or Holmes in at FB from time to time.

I am glad that Holmes has found a home at TE and seems to be making the adjust easily. Hell he's only been there for Gator Bowl practice, one spring, and the start of fall camp so he's got a lot more room to improve.

Coach34
08-16-2013, 09:30 AM

There are only a few certainties on the DL. Who ever is replacing Boyd will be a downgrade. Who ever replaces Eulls at DE will be an upgrade if he can walk and chew gum at the same time.

After that who the hell knows. Eulls could be solid at DT, but he hasn't shown anything at DE, and moving him to DT isn't an automatic anything.

If you were using a number system of 1 being the 2002 MSU defensive line and a 10 being the 1998 MSU defensive line, I would have given last year's DL at most a 3. They simply didn't generate pressure, TFL were simply non-existent and overall were just not there. Lets assume the DL improves 2 levels? Maybe even 3. that would still put our DL at around a 6 as compared to past DL and is usually a good indicator as to how we will do in the SEC.

That is a long way of saying, being improved is always good, but when you have a deep hole to climb out of, improvement may not be enough. That is why I think Chris Jones ends up starting by AU unless Preston and Autry are piling up sacks like Curry/Copeland circa 1992.

I'll disagree a little- anybody replacing Cherry is an upgrade. Anybody. Eulls was always pretty good vs the run at DE- he just couldnt generate any pass rush.

Also, scheme has alot to do with it also. As we saw with Crooms in 2008 to Mullen in 2009...or Mustache Man in 2009 to Diaz in 2010- changing the scheme, combined with the young'uns growing up- can make a huge difference in how a group improves tremendously without really adding much to the equation.

camsu
08-16-2013, 09:41 AM
I have to agree with 34, out DL is an upgrade and with our LBs improving we will have a excellent pass rush. The key to me is getting Evans, James and company in shape as the front line cannot go the entire game not with all the hurry up. Those guys have to improve and be able to play numerous minutes to keep everyone fresh. Sounds like they are not there yet, that's disappointing.

MSUDawg4Life
08-16-2013, 09:44 AM
I don't think whoever replaces Boyd is a necessarily a downgrade either. I believe PJ or Quay could play as well as Boyd did last year. The question is will they.

dawg21
08-16-2013, 09:52 AM

I couldn't believe it took us that long to offer him. I thought he was the most talented WR on film we signed. He runs extremely well (its not all about speed).

I've heard Jones has already grown 2 1/2", gained 20lbs of muscle, 4% BF, shaved 2/10 off his 40 all in the last 2 weeks. The legend of Chris Jones is going to be fun to watch.

HancockCountyDog
08-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't think whoever replaces Boyd is a necessarily a downgrade either. I believe PJ or Quay could play as well as Boyd did last year. The question is will they.

Oh I agree about potential, but Josh was a 3 year starter and made a ton of big plays for us last year. I think Josh is getting the same treatment as Bumphis.

Both of those guys were three year starters that put up solid stats and made big plays for us. PJ could barely stay on the field and Quay really didn't show much if anything last year. Now do they have the physical abilities to be as good as Josh? Sure. But having the physical talent is just one ingredient to being a solid SEC contributor.

I hope coach is right, but its definitely an area of our team where we have some unknowns. I always believe that we aren't as bad as some people think, but that we aren't as good as some people think either when dealing with players that couldn't beat out starters last year that didn't do a whole lot.

FlabLoser
08-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Of good heavens let's just kick the damn ball off.

Johnson85
08-16-2013, 10:50 AM
I still think that we are going to miss Bumphis. I know I may be alone in that thought, but the guy did lead the SEC in receiving TD's. That doesn't just accidentally happen.

I don't think there is anybody that thinks we won't miss Bumphis. If we find a deep threat and generally upgrade our outside receivers, our receiving corp may be better than last year, just because not being able to stretch the field takes so much pressure off the defense. But there's no doubt we are always going to miss a wr that can make an NFL roster (unless it's a wr that played for Croom, in which case it didn't matter how much talent was being wasted).

PMDawg
08-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh I agree about potential, but Josh was a 3 year starter and made a ton of big plays for us last year. I think Josh is getting the same treatment as Bumphis.

Both of those guys were three year starters that put up solid stats and made big plays for us. PJ could barely stay on the field and Quay really didn't show much if anything last year. Now do they have the physical abilities to be as good as Josh? Sure. But having the physical talent is just one ingredient to being a solid SEC contributor.

I hope coach is right, but its definitely an area of our team where we have some unknowns. I always believe that we aren't as bad as some people think, but that we aren't as good as some people think either when dealing with players that couldn't beat out starters last year that didn't do a whole lot.

I disagree on Evans. There were plenty of times last year when he got more push than the starters. The problem was he didn't know wtf to do once he got in the backfield. He was always out of position or couldn't find the ball. I think with experience and time, he will be a good one.

engie
08-16-2013, 11:04 AM

They don't have to be "better" than Boyd to easily surpass his 2012 production at the position. The improved surrounding cast will open it up for that position to make alot more plays even if the player there isn't quite as good(which I'm by no means willing to concede at this point). OLs are going to have to focus alot of energy across the line this year -- where they only had to stop Boyd and Autry last year. They could(and did) single-block both Eulls(dealing with quicker OTs) and Cherry last year. Suffice to say they won't be single blocking Chris Jones, Smith, or Eulls(inside) with nearly as much regularity...thus freeing up this position to make alot more plays.

To highlight my point:
Boyd's stats last year: 1.5 sacks, 2.5TFL, 33 tackles
In 2011 with Cox next to him: 4.5 sacks, 8.0TFL, 51 tackles

So, his "Havoc" production was triple his JR year strictly due to his surrounding cast taking the focus off of him to an extent...

RougeDawg
08-16-2013, 11:09 AM

If he improves anything like he did between games 1-8 last year, we have nothing to worry about. He played his best ball at the end of last year, against some of our better opponents (A&M) and the eventual BCS NC (Bama). What I saw down the stretch from him was all I need to know he will be a beast this year. He was in a shitty scheme last year, and still finished strong. Think about that.

bhamdog54
08-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Hope we redshirt Shump. By all accounts it seems like Griffin is healthy and ready to go. Him and Perkins are our 1-2 punch. I'm also not very high on Robinson like some. Dudes got no vision

FlabLoser
08-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Will we miss Bumphis more than we missed Dixon?

By the way, wouldn't it have been great to have Arceto Clark another year? Thanks, Croom!

engie
08-16-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm also not very high on Robinson like some. Dudes got no vision

Robinson averaged 1 yard/carry more than Griffin on approximately the same number of carries against the 5 elite/very good run D's we saw last year -- both of which more than doubled Perkins' per carry production...

CooterDavenport
08-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Didn't secret weapon wind up not losing any time because of his suspension? (Sorry if my sarcasm meter is broken.)

FISHDAWG
08-16-2013, 11:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if J-Rob carries the mail 1st team next year

Coach34
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Hope we redshirt Shump. By all accounts it seems like Griffin is healthy and ready to go. Him and Perkins are our 1-2 punch. I'm also not very high on Robinson like some. Dudes got no vision

JRob averaged 6 ypc last season. No vision? JRob is going to get carries- he is the solid #2 right now it appears...and it's unlikely now we RS Shump...meaning Griff or Milton is going to be buried at #5 on the depth chart

War Machine Dawg
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Will we miss Bumphis more than we missed Dixon?

By the way, wouldn't it have been great to have Arceto Clark another year? Thanks, Croom!

Secret Weapon wound up not missing any time. He was redshirted Mullen's first season. It worked out for him, but Crxxms really did his damnedest to screw his eligibility.

HardyStreetAlumniClub
08-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Morrow needs to get his ass together this year. Needs to be our top receiver.