PDA

View Full Version : Any reports from the football scrimmage yesterday?

Irondawg
04-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Sounds like the offense had a better showing

pdawg10msu
04-10-2016, 11:25 AM
1-Fitz
2- Tiano

HSVDawg
04-10-2016, 11:49 AM
1-Fitz
2- Tiano

Is this the case, or are Tiano and Staley basically co-number 2's? I've heard they are basically neck and neck and getting equal reps.

chef dixon
04-10-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't know why most people on this board are Staley haters. Seems to me from the stats he played pretty damn good and arguably better than everyone else

HSVDawg
04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I don't know why most people on this board are Staley haters. Seems to me from the stats he played pretty damn good and arguably better than everyone else

Where are the stats posted?

chef dixon
04-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Where are the stats posted?

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/04/09/4-downs-how-offense-shined-msus-second-scrimmage/82839192/

Some in the article

JDog13
04-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Had someone tell me Damian Williams looked great.

This is not a troll.

DownwardDawg
04-10-2016, 12:05 PM

I see it as the opposite. Most on this board was calling him the next starter. This is a guy that missed his entire senior year of football. The minute that was reported, I knew he would never be our starting QB.
Last season you could see that Fitz was clearly ahead of him by a long shot. (At least most of us could). Now Tiano???? That's a different story. Can't wait to see him battling it out as the season progresses!!!

DownwardDawg
04-10-2016, 12:06 PM
Had someone tell me Damian Williams looked great.

This is not a troll.

No way we should rule him out also. He has played a ton of meaningful snaps. Kid is tough!!!

Big4Dawg
04-10-2016, 12:08 PM
No way we should rule him out also. He has played a ton of meaningful snaps. Kid is tough!!!

I just think he makes the teams ceiling so low compared to the others but we shall see

CadaverDawg
04-10-2016, 12:29 PM
I can't see Tiano legitimately having a shot at surpassing Fitz or Staley in his Freshman season. Staley appears to have some footwork issues, that Wyatt alluded to the other day on BSR...relying on his arm too much. So I think Fitz is the guy to beat, but Mullen loves experience so Williams will have every chance to at least attempt to win snaps. Ultimately I think Fitz is #1, Staley #2....but I'm starting to believe Tiano will surpass both by fall of 2017 if he keeps progressing. He is turning heads out there.

We will have a great problem on our hands Next year....this year we just need the QB that gives us the best shot at 6+ wins IMO.

msbulldog
04-10-2016, 12:57 PM
I can't see Tiano legitimately having a shot at surpassing Fitz or Staley in his Freshman season. Staley appears to have some footwork issues, that Wyatt alluded to the other day on BSR...relying on his arm too much. So I think Fitz is the guy to beat, but Mullen loves experience so Williams will have every chance to at least attempt to win snaps. Ultimately I think Fitz is #1, Staley #2....but I'm starting to believe Tiano will surpass both by fall of 2017 if he keeps progressing. He is turning heads out there.

We will have a great problem on our hands Next year....this year we just need the QB that gives us the best shot at 6+ wins IMO.

Hopefully, we have no transfers.

mcain31
04-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Per the C-L
Staley- 17-28 213 yds 1TD, 2 rushing TDs
Fitz- 15-25 146 yds 1TD
Williams- 12-17 173yds 2TD
Tiano- 11-14 137 yds 1TD

mcain31
04-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Wide Receivers
Spivey- 6-103 yds TD
Dear- 8-133 yds
Thomas- 3-55 yds TD
Mixon- 7- 80 yds

Bothrops
04-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Is WR J. Jackson hurt still?

djaymsu5
04-10-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm calling it right now. Spivey is going to turn into a beast if he gets his chance to shine.

djaymsu5
04-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Per the C-L
Staley- 17-28 213 yds 1TD, 2 rushing TDs
Fitz- 15-25 146 yds 1TD
Williams- 12-17 173yds 2TD
Tiano- 11-14 137 yds 1TD

Tiano completing all but 3 of his passes and having a TD with over 130 yards is impressive to me. I think he will be the next good one. Fitz will be good too IMO

RocketDawg
04-10-2016, 01:30 PM

Haven't seen any Staley haters. For myself, I only recall seeing Fitz in action in a game, in person. He did very well every time I saw him. May have seen Staley on television but really don't really remember. And I'm not familiar with Tiano at all other than what Google told me a couple days ago. I believe all three were 3-star recruits. I'm for whoever will do the best job of replacing Dak.

preachermatt83
04-10-2016, 01:34 PM
If DWill is the starter next ur we won't make a bowl game.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Strictly from what I saw yesterday: Fitz looked fine but O wasn't clicking w/ him for whatever reason. Led the least amount of td drives by my count. Looked good passing when things broke down, but didn't show much from the pocket.

Staley came out flat & looked poor early, was sitting by himself on sidelines. Not many completions & off target on a lot of throws he did complete. Got going after his first few drives & hit some big plays. Started talking on the sideline & getting on receivers for drops. Once he got his swag up he looked good, easily the best from the pocket by my eye. Took the most chances downfield, w/ mixed results; tends to give both guys a chance to make plays on the ball.

Tiano was impressive. Trucked Brandon Bryant big time one play & was a bulldozer on plenty others. His throwing motion Looked slow on some of the quick hit & screen plays & got them blown up, but one or two of his screen passes went to the house. Didn't show us much downfield stuff. I like his game a lot.

Williams looked great to begin, led two early td drives. Mediocre to poor the rest of the day.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Other things i saw:

Oline was serviceable but not great. Didn't get much on early running downs. Pass pro was pretty good but had a lot of guys running free from the snap, not sure if that was scheme or blown calls. Didn't watch as many individual match ups as I wanted to.

Holloway played strictly at WR, can catch. Dear is special, best hands on team w/ gray & Ross out. Jesse Jackson mossed on Smokey Graham two plays in a row, didn't show much else. Spivey looked great in the slot; I thought he was an outside guy but he is very shifty. Deddrick Thomas made some plays. Mixon had one big catch downfield & a lot of short stuff that went nowhere.

Gibson & Murphy were very impressive, both ran hard. Murphy showed some wheels on a long gainer called back for holding. I think Gibson is our most natural runner. Williams & D Lee both looked good. I did not see Shump playing h back. If the run game stalls again this year it will be bc of blocking, not rbs.

Peters played strictly safety. He & McLaurin played together in most packages & are an intimidating pair. Smokey looked bad a few plays but I didn't watch the CBs like I wanted. G green dropped a pick, JT Gray got hurt. OLBs/DEs lost contain a lot according to Sirmon. Nick James looked great especially against Joq Johnson. Nobody really showed out on defense..

defiantdog
04-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Other things i saw:

Oline was serviceable but not great. Didn't get much on early running downs. Pass pro was pretty good but had a lot of guys running free from the snap, not sure if that was scheme or blown calls. Didn't watch as many individual match ups as I wanted to.

Holloway played strictly at WR, can catch. Dear is special, best hands on team w/ gray & Ross out. Jesse Jackson mossed on Smokey Graham two plays in a row, didn't show much else. Spivey looked great in the slot; I thought he was an outside guy but he is very shifty. Deddrick Thomas made some plays. Mixon had one big catch downfield & a lot of short stuff that went nowhere.

Gibson & Murphy were very impressive, both ran hard. Murphy showed some wheels on a long gainer called back for holding. I think Gibson is our most natural runner. Williams & D Lee both looked good. I did not see Shump playing h back. If the run game stalls again this year it will be bc of blocking, not rbs.

Peters played strictly safety. He & McLaurin played together in most packages & are an intimidating pair. Smokey looked bad a few plays but I didn't watch the CBs like I wanted. G green dropped a pick, JT Gray got hurt. OLBs/DEs lost contain a lot according to Sirmon. Nick James looked great especially against Joq Johnson. Nobody really showed out on defense..

Nice breakdown.... Peters and McLaurin are big dudes back there. We're going to really struggle at DB next year tho.... May give up a lot of big plays.