PDA

View Full Version : No Clarion Ledger article about us beating the #1 team in the nation on the road.....

Taog Redloh
04-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Definitely one about Ole Miss and how they "solved their pitching struggles" against lowly Arkansas at home. Right by the one about Mullins' arrest.

And remember, the Ole Miss/Arkansas game ended after ours. At worst, it's blatant favoritism, at best, it's the Clarion Ledger giving us the laziest reporters who fail to post articles in a timely manner, which is another form of favoritism.

Bucky Dog
04-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Funny, I just added comment in CD thread and said per C-L: State almost loses 8 run lead! And it is stuck on the side of the page under Notes! Still pitiful

parabrave
04-10-2016, 08:58 AM
Definitely one about Ole Miss and how they "solved their pitching struggles" against lowly Arkansas at home. Right by the one about Mullins' arrest.

And remember, the Ole Miss/Arkansas game ended after ours. At worst, it's blatant favoritism, at best, it's the Clarion Ledger giving us the laziest reporters who fail to post articles in a timely manner, which is another form of favoritism.

Well our great bastion of the 4th estate down here on the Coast had a fabulous story on the Chucky awardee. That also made the news last night. I don't remember that ever happening.

Political Hack
04-10-2016, 09:08 AM
They would've proclaimed OM national champs on the front page after that win.

shannondawg
04-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Neither did the Tupelo Daily Journal. Maybe just too painful to print?

DancingRabbit
04-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Well, I did find a Florida article about the game. Sounds like we just got lucky.

O'Sullivan said things just didn't go Florida's way. "I felt like we were one or two hits away from maybe getting right back in this thing," he said.

http://www.alligator.org/sports/baseball/article_4a67047e-fecc-11e5-9d91-535d129d4a88.html

SDDawg
04-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Well, I did find a Florida article about the game. Sounds like we just got lucky.

O'Sullivan said things just didn't go Florida's way. "I felt like we were one or two hits away from maybe getting right back in this thing," he said.

http://www.alligator.org/sports/baseball/article_4a67047e-fecc-11e5-9d91-535d129d4a88.html

If the rules have changed and you can score six runs on "one or two hits", then he's right. LOL

CadaverDawg
04-10-2016, 10:21 AM
WAPT had video highlights on the OM win, and then just flashed a score of our game. No highlights at all on their Sports segment. MS media is about like Al Jazeera in terms of slant.

sandwolf
04-10-2016, 10:46 AM

Meh, Cohen makes the same type comments after losses. Friday night he pretty much said all of their hits in their big inning were lucky.

MetEdDawg
04-10-2016, 11:10 AM
I don't know how y'all live with it over there. Alabama and Auburn coverage here in AL is pretty even. Not anywhere close to the bias y'all see over there, which I could even see as a student at MSU only 6 years ago.

I'll be honest though. It's not gonna change until those of you in MS make them stop. Not sure how you do it, but until you get enough people to make a big enough stink about it and truly affect companies, it won't change.

CadaverDawg
04-10-2016, 11:20 AM
I don't know how y'all live with it over there. Alabama and Auburn coverage here in AL is pretty even. Not anywhere close to the bias y'all see over there, which I could even see as a student at MSU only 6 years ago.

I'll be honest though. It's not gonna change until those of you in MS make them stop. Not sure how you do it, but until you get enough people to make a big enough stink about it and truly affect companies, it won't change.

You are exactly right. We have too many fans that want to sit around bitching about it, and then continue to pay for subscriptions to the CL and follow their writers online and click their articles.

It's crazy, if you want them to change, sitting around bitching to each other about it won't change a thing. You gotta do something. Cancel CL subscriptions, quit linking their damn articles, quit following their writers on Twitter & social media, and start promoting and reading other MSU news sources that provide more fair coverage. We all have to be on the same page if we really want it to change...otherwise everyone needs to quit complaining bc you're paying to keep their bias going every time you click on and/or read an article.

I know a "boycott" sounds petty...but that's basically what would have to happen. And Stricklin sacking up and limiting their access would help too. He won't admit that, but he's wrong.

defiantdog
04-10-2016, 11:25 AM
But Bonner did post an article about Anfernee Mullins getting a simple assault charge. At least they're reporting the bad news with us************************************************ *******

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
04-10-2016, 11:35 AM
We should fire there Hailstate beat writers and boycott that shitty paper!!! absolutely pathetic..

TheRef
04-10-2016, 11:39 AM
We should fire there Hailstate beat writers and boycott that shitty paper!!! absolutely pathetic..

Wait what? Did you just get out of a drunken rampage? Who calls them "Hailstate beat writers"? Also...they only have one beat writer for MSU. If you're gonna troll, try harder.

coastdoglover
04-10-2016, 11:40 AM

It has been going on for decades. While I was in college I had the opportunity to ask Carl Walters why Ole Miss got so much more favorable press. His answer, "who do you think pays my salary?" shouldn't be that way now with the Hederman's out of control, but unfortunately, it still is.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
04-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Actually I did! I'll try harder next time..

JDog13
04-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Their managing editor is a State fan. Like all state fans in those positions, they choose to be political and straddle the fence. OM fans in those positions leave no doubt where their fandom lies. Why can't our people do the same.

TheRef
04-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Their managing editor is a State fan. Like all state fans in those positions, they choose to be political and straddle the fence. OM fans in those positions leave no doubt where their fandom lies. Why can't our people do the same.

Because we try to remain professional in everything.

TheRef
04-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Actually I did! I'll try harder next time..

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-40020-mmm-that-sounds-good-Ill-have-37VU.gif

JDog13
04-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Because we try to remain professional in everything.

Yeah, of course. But they could at least see that it's more 50/50 than 70/30

notsofarawaydawg
04-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Gainesville Article (http://www.gainesville.com/article/20160409/ARTICLES/160409675/0/sports)

Bothrops
04-10-2016, 01:19 PM
The CL has gone from trying to hide their bias for OM, to acknowledging it, to now pissing us off every week. They just get enjoyment out of it.

Oh, and the CL has been a garbage newspaper for about 12-13 years.

RocketDawg
04-10-2016, 01:41 PM

It may be about even in the Birmingham area, but in north Alabama, the Huntsville area, it seems to be slanted toward UAT. And I suppose the reason is that Alabama fans probably outweigh Auburn fans here by about 10-1. Most of the Bama fans are sidewalk fans though; there are probably more Auburn graduates here, given the engineering school, than there are Bama fans. But folks have to jump on the winning bandwagon. During football season, the Sunday paper usually devotes an entire section to the Alabama game, one section to Auburn, and another section to the rest of the SEC with usually minor mention of the other conferences. So I suppose you could say that's pretty unbiased. It's certainly not as bad as it is in Mississippi, and it's made worse by there only being one major newspaper in the state.