PDA

View Full Version : The Braves are going to suck crazy amount.

Tbonewannabe
04-09-2016, 10:20 PM
How many games are they going to lose before they actually win one?

msstate7
04-09-2016, 10:33 PM
You haven't been impressed? Haha

Aj has been terrible.
Aybar needs to play better defense
FF needs to start hitting
Inciarte needs to get back quick.If inciarte is out long bring up mallex

War Machine Dawg
04-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Like I spent all off season saying, 100 losses. But don't worry, the front office has assured us we'll be contenders in 2017, er, 2018.***********

Commercecomet24
04-09-2016, 11:01 PM
I had held out a little hope that they would just be mediocre and not awful well that hope is gone. 0-162 here we come! Only half joking! The only reason I kept watching last year was to see andrelton make his web gem play a day but that's even gone now! Depressing!

Liverpooldawg
04-09-2016, 11:10 PM
What was the generally recognized worst MLB team ever, the 52 or so Senators? This Braves team will give them a run for their money.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2016, 11:12 PM
62 Mets. They lost 120 games.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2016, 11:16 PM
1916 Philadelphia Athletics were worst winning percentage team at .235. They only lost 117 games lol

CadaverDawg
04-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Rinse, Repeat.

starkvegasdawg
04-09-2016, 11:42 PM
Bring back Ted.

Commercecomet24
04-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Bring back Ted.

I'm with ya!

parabrave
04-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Bring back Ted.

Ted don't want to be back.

msstate7
04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Mallex on way up

Tbonewannabe
04-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Mallex on way up

That didn't take long. So will we see Albies or Swanson anytime soon.

msstate7
04-10-2016, 01:06 PM
That didn't take long. So will we see Albies or Swanson anytime soon.

Doubt it... I would love to see them in September though

War Machine Dawg
04-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Mallex on way up

Wondered if he'd get the call with Inciarte going down.

Tbonewannabe
04-10-2016, 04:55 PM
What is the record for most losses to start a season? That might be the next game I go to if they are going for the record.

msstate7
04-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Fredi is just God awful as a manager. Last night we lost by 10 and burned Grilli and viz in the process. Today we have to stick with Jim Johnson who gives up 3 and the lead in the 8th. Then bases loaded for braves, 2 outs, and cards bring in rosenthal. Fredi lets frenchy face him despite having Aj on the bench... Now I'm no Aj fan; but vs a tough rhp, Aj is chipper jones compared to frenchy. Of course, Frenchy k's. Fredi then throws in the towel in the top of the 9th with our worst reliever... Results in a 5-run inning when we were down 1 entering. Fredi is the absolute worst

Tbonewannabe
04-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Fredi is just God awful as a manager. Last night we lost by 10 and burned Grilli and viz in the process. Today we have to stick with Jim Johnson who gives up 3 and the lead in the 8th. Then bases loaded for braves, 2 outs, and cards bring in rosenthal. Fredi lets frenchy face him despite having Aj on the bench... Now I'm no Aj fan; but vs a tough rhp, Aj is chipper jones compared to frenchy. Of course, Frenchy k's. Fredi then throws in the towel in the top of the 9th with our worst reliever... Results in a 5-run inning when we were down 1 entering. Fredi is the absolute worst

I talked to a guy that actually talked to Fredi in a bar. He was a little in the bottle and my friend asked him if he is excited to get in the new stadium. Fredi told him that he might not be the manager by then. I think Fredi is just a placeholder until next year.

msstate7
04-10-2016, 05:17 PM
I talked to a guy that actually talked to Fredi in a bar. He was a little in the bottle and my friend asked him if he is excited to get in the new stadium. Fredi told him that he might not be the manager by then. I think Fredi is just a placeholder until next year.
I'm so ready to see him gone

Commercecomet24
04-10-2016, 05:55 PM

Fredi has to go! I know the lineup is AAA at best but even when he had players he crapped the bed repeatedly. He's a horrible manager. He won't get to manage in the new stadium.

trob115
04-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Shoulda been fired after the terrible mismanagement in the 13 playoffs

parabrave
04-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Shoulda been fired after the terrible mismanagement in the 13 playoffs

Bobby wouldn't let them fire him. But now Bobby doesn't have much say so as he used to and they are trying to phase him out to pasture. Losing Winkler today really hurts. But this is what you get when you get a bunch of guys who are coming off TJ surgery; like they did last year. One of the main problems for the braves is that they are still suffering from Wrens payroll. Next year the team will have more money to spend. Hopefully they will spend it wisely. I earlier said 60 wins; they will be lucky to win that much.

BoomBoom
04-10-2016, 08:12 PM
Bobby wouldn't let them fire him. But now Bobby doesn't have much say so as he used to and they are trying to phase him out to pasture. Losing Winkler today really hurts. But this is what you get when you get a bunch of guys who are coming off TJ surgery; like they did last year. One of the main problems for the braves is that they are still suffering from Wrens payroll. Next year the team will have more money to spend. Hopefully they will spend it wisely. I earlier said 60 wins; they will be lucky to win that much.

Suggestions trickling out that they suspect the pitching coach's insistence on setting up on the glove side.of the rubber adds stress to the elbow from a more difficult follow through. Will be interesting to see if that goes away or he does.

Dawg61
04-10-2016, 10:31 PM
Suggestions trickling out that they suspect the pitching coach's insistence on setting up on the glove side.of the rubber adds stress to the elbow from a more difficult follow through. Will be interesting to see if that goes away or he does.

Can you explain this further?

War Machine Dawg
04-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Braves grab a 2-0 lead in the top of the first. Braves give up 3 in the bottom of the first. We should probably start betting on how long it'll be before the Braves get their first W.

War Machine Dawg
04-11-2016, 06:51 PM
And as I type, Markakis doubles home two. Mallex Smith gets his first hit and first run scored in the bigs. Scored from first rather easily on that hit.

msstate7
04-11-2016, 06:53 PM
I watched mallex a bunch when he was at pearl... He can fly

BoomBoom
04-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Can you explain this further?

just something i read. from what i gather some think the follow through from that point requires you to go all the way across your body, so that puts more stress on the elbow than if it was a more "vertical" release and follow through. but setting up at that point gives the pitch a less hittable path through the strike zone.