PDA

View Full Version : Steve Robertson on Head to Head

slickdawg
08-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Richard Cross closes the interview with Steve:

"My final thing with the animosity that perhaps seems to be there between you and Neal McCready do you think we could arrange some kind of a cage match or some mud wrestling or something like that just to settle it once and for all"

Steve replies "He doesn't matter enough for me to make the effort"

Matt "Steve Robertson"

Richard "Shots fired"

The Croom Diaries
08-15-2013, 04:02 PM
McCready is an idiot. I listened to his podcast yesterday only because it was mentioned on this board. I had never heard him talk before, and I could go my entire life without hearing him talk again and that would be excellent. He claims "if you say you know something then you must report it, you don't talk about it on websites". If Paul or Steve or John or Robbie didn't discuss rumors and hearsay then what would be the point of buying a subscription to their site? He called everyone out, and blasted them all for being fans of State, yet his voice was strained in hate for MSU. Typical Ole Miss. Try to deflect everything. He knows like they all do, they are about to get caught so let's just make fun of them as much as they can and maybe they will stop telling everyone what they are hearing about us.

TrueMaroon
08-15-2013, 04:16 PM
McCready is an idiot. I listened to his podcast yesterday only because it was mentioned on this board. I had never heard him talk before, and I could go my entire life without hearing him talk again and that would be excellent. He claims "if you say you know something then you must report it, you don't talk about it on websites". If Paul or Steve or John or Robbie didn't discuss rumors and hearsay then what would be the point of buying a subscription to their site? He called everyone out, and blasted them all for being fans of State, yet his voice was strained in hate for MSU. Typical Ole Miss. Try to deflect everything. He knows like they all do, they are about to get caught so let's just make fun of them as much as they can and maybe they will stop telling everyone what they are hearing about us.

Anything of substance on that podcast or from Steve today? Obviously, Ole Miss beat writers and MSU beat writers are in a pissing match between sources. Theirs are saying Ole Miss is fine; ours are saying they are not. Normally, McCready isn't as erroneous as Porter, but that's not saying much.

swdawg
08-15-2013, 04:23 PM

This. But he's just a non-fan, objective journalist. You really could hear the seething hatred in his voice.

messageboardsuperhero
08-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Don't talk about rumors on the Internet? Is that what he told Yancy when he started running his mouth about Will Redmond transferring to UM last year? Or did he tell Yancy to stop when he lied to people about Quay Evans raping a girl? What about when Yancy told people he intentionally "threw curveballs" to "throw off the completion?" Those Spirit reporters are so full of shit.

I don't care for Robertson, but he's catching too much shit for this. I don't think he was even the guy who started the Kailo is transferring rumor.

Vandownbytheriver
08-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Who did start that rumor?

Homedawg
08-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Who did start that rumor?
Kalio left campus last weekend. I deem this as fact ( without seeing it w my own eyes)coming from an ole miss fan in the know. They chased him down. A la tobais manning! He won't be there long. At least not football. Maybe track. That's my prediction.

The Croom Diaries
08-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Kalio left campus last weekend. I deem this as fact ( without seeing it w my own eyes)coming from an ole miss fan in the know. They chased him down. A la tobais manning! He won't be there long. At least not football. Maybe track. That's my prediction.

Xavier Grindle was our midnight runner last year. He came back, but he also ain't on the team anymore.

bgdog
08-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Quay Evans raping a girl?

So was that who started the rumor? that was ****ed.

Todd4State
08-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Don't talk about rumors on the Internet? Is that what he told Yancy when he started running his mouth about Will Redmond transferring to UM last year? Or did he tell Yancy to stop when he lied to people about Quay Evans raping a girl? What about when Yancy told people he intentionally "threw curveballs" to "throw off the completion?" Those Spirit reporters are so full of shit.

I don't care for Robertson, but he's catching too much shit for this. I don't think he was even the guy who started the Kailo is transferring rumor.

A big part of the problem is Rosebowl is responding to some tweets by McCready with stuff like to paraphrase- "Be a man and say it to my face".

Here's proof:

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2013/8/14/4621460/ole-miss-football-hugh-freeze-kailo-moore-returns-to-practice-media-uses-this-opportunity-to-troll

That's why he is catching so much shit. Of course, I'm sure it's being made worse by Genespagers egging Rosebowl on to keep going. Gene needs to tell him to knock it off and ignore it like Paul, John, etc. because it's making him look bad.

On the plus side, at least they are arguing with Ole Miss sites instead of with other MSU sites.

K9 Avenger
08-15-2013, 07:23 PM
A big part of the problem is Rosebowl is responding to some tweets by McCready with stuff like to paraphrase- "Be a man and say it to my face".

Here's proof:

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2013/8/14/4621460/ole-miss-football-hugh-freeze-kailo-moore-returns-to-practice-media-uses-this-opportunity-to-troll

That's why he is catching so much shit. Of course, I'm sure it's being made worse by Genespagers egging Rosebowl on to keep going. Gene needs to tell him to knock it off and ignore it like Paul, John, etc. because it's making him look bad.

On the plus side, at least they are arguing with Ole Miss sites instead of with other MSU sites.

I kind of like Rosie throwing it in the rebs face...to hell with 'em. We should all stick it to 'em every chance we get.

messageboardsuperhero
08-15-2013, 07:31 PM
So was that who started the rumor? that was ****ed.

I have no idea who started it, but Yancy sure as hell made everyone on his board very aware of it, which is exactly what the Spirit crowd is getting on Rosebowl about.

Yeah, Rosebowl's being a little bitch about it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I was him too. The UM fans are getting mad at him for doing the same shit many of them have applauded Yancy for doing for years, except he's not spreading rape rumors and intentionally throwing "curveballs."

Political Hack
08-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Do y'all watch midget wrestling too?

No offense intended Farley.

Radddawg
08-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Neal needs to shut his GD trap if you ask me !!!

Homedawg
08-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Funny it took them until aug 14th to come up with pics of him at practice. I guess a concussion keeps one from attending all together. I get it he's there. But that doesn't mean he didn't leave and come back.

biggun
08-15-2013, 09:33 PM
I kind of like Rosie throwing it in the rebs face...to hell with 'em. We should all stick it to 'em every chance we get.

Post of the Year!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archdog
08-15-2013, 09:36 PM
I have no idea who started it, but Yancy sure as hell made everyone on his board very aware of it, which is exactly what the Spirit crowd is getting on Rosebowl about.

Yeah, Rosebowl's being a little bitch about it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I was him too. The UM fans are getting mad at him for doing the same shit many of them have applauded Yancy for doing for years, except he's not spreading rape rumors and intentionally throwing "curveballs."

Not really sure what everyone's issue is with Steve but I like the guy. I participate in his recruiting chat and I find his information to be right on most of the time considering your dealing with a subject as wish washy as a teenager's whim. Hell my step brother went to the mall to buy a pair of Jordan's one time and came back to the house enlisted in the army. Sure Steve should not have stuck his neck out vouching for that Fn douchebag Duhvinner, but he did go on to say in a later chat that sometimes you know someone in a certain type of setting like football camps and you see how they are under that situation. Sometimes that small sliver of that persons character is what you know and some people hide their true character. Or something like that. But generally I like what service Steve tries to give our fanbase. I say let him say what he wants.

notsofarawaydawg
08-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Stevie tried to stick it in my face one night at an allstar basketball game. Told that smelley bitch I didn't want anything Gene had been been slobbering on. **

biggun
08-15-2013, 10:10 PM

Former HC at USM and LSU and former assistant coach at MSU, Curley Hallman, actually asked me and a couple of my friends that exact same question before a 120 meeting at the Northpoint Barn in August before the 2001 season. I can't make this kind of sh** up!!

I have never been asked that question before and honestly(hopefully), I don't ever expect to again in my lifetime. What made the already beyond bizarre situation even more bizarre is the "over the top enthusiasm and zeal" in which Curley talked about midget wrestling, even giving us some of the midget wrestlers "stage names" and specific moves in the ring. By that point, I was fully expecting him to start physically showing us some of their moves but thank God, the speaking part of the night was starting so we all ran, not walked, away from "The Curley" show.

Was it really any surprise that we went 3-9 that year????? Seriously??

Oh yeah, Rosebowl had us in "the Rosebowl" that year, went as far as to writing a 2 page editorial about how "loaded" we were at every position following the 2000 Snow Bowl victory over A&M and that we would contend for the national championship the next year.

An in-depth and unwanted analysis on Midget Wrestling from an assistant football coach and a National Championship prediction from Steve, both in a season that resulted in a 3-9 finish, wow, just wow.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 06:41 AM

he is not "we." That's the problem. He is not a bulldog. Never has been and probably never will be.

Political Hack
08-16-2013, 06:47 AM
that was an enjoyable read bigun.

Vandownbytheriver
08-16-2013, 07:02 AM

Don't make me slap you across the face with my shillelagh.