PDA

View Full Version : Reading some of this USM basketball stuff has me thinking...

messageboardsuperhero
04-08-2016, 12:59 PM
Burner phones, long show causes, coaches held responsible for the actions of boosters, players/croots being offered immunity, etc.

It seems like a lot of the things that have been said here and by Steve Robertson about how the NCAA currently conducts investigations is coming to light as truth. Just saying.

thf24
04-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Steve hasn't said a single thing that's turned out to be wrong as far as I can remember.

Coach34
04-08-2016, 01:08 PM
It's just 9 over 3 mane....9 over 3

Johnson85
04-08-2016, 01:39 PM
It's just 9 over 3 mane....9 over 3

Was Tyndle involved in some really outrageous stuff? Or is this just way, way more harsh than the typical penalty.

I have never believed there was going to be really significant penalties for UM, but a ten year show cause makes me think the NCAA is tired of being laughingstocks. I know it's a little different hammering a basketball coach from CUSA versus an SEC football program/coach, but unless somethign comes to light showing Tyndle was way outside the normal illegal recruiting, if I were Bucky I'd at least take precautions to make sure my finances were in shape for a significant pay cut.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
04-08-2016, 01:46 PM
but unless somethign comes to light showing Tyndle was way outside the normal illegal recruiting, if I were Bucky I'd at least take precautions to make sure my finances were in shape for retirement .

FIFY

Political Hack
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Freeze has hired his own personal lawyer. The NCAA now holds head coaches responsible for the actions of the entire program. The NCAA has been conducting interviews FOR 3 YEARS related to Ole Miss. An Associate Athletic Director from Ole Miss has already been given a long show cause, in part, due to his actions at Ole Miss.

USM got a 2-year post season ban and had an entire staff, including grad assistants, wiped out due to impermissible academic assistance. What the hell do y'all think is going to happen for longstanding academic fraud that resulted in otherwise Ineligible players being eligible? There will be a huge swath of wins vacated, coaches will receive show causes, there will be a post season ban, and the loss of scholarships is going be to be substantial.

You heard all of this here first more than 2-years ago. We were "crazy, black helicopter" conspiracy theorist when we told you about it. Now it's starting to slowly come to fruition. Ole Miss talking points went from "there is no investigation" to "the investigation is limited" to "the investigation is over" to "it's going to be a slap on the wrist." Slowly but surely people are realizing that we're about to witness the closest thing we've seen in the NCAA to the SMU sanctions. IT'S COMING and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to save them minus a wholesale departure from the NCAA.

Coach34
04-08-2016, 02:37 PM
The fact that David Johnson finally admitted interviews by the NCAA are still going on shows you many of them are starting to realize it's much worse than they have been led to believe

Coach34
04-08-2016, 02:39 PM
And it's time for a reporter to ask Bdork- "So were you lying to everyone or is David Johnson a liar??? Because you two are saying completely different things

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2016, 02:43 PM
And it's time for a reporter to ask Bdork- "So were you lying to everyone or is David Johnson a liar??? Because you two are saying completely different things

Send Steve to somewhere he is going.. No way any of the UM media is gonna do that...
Prepare for absolute death threats if Steve really did it.

state66
04-08-2016, 02:45 PM
If ole miss did get hit with 9 over 3 does that mean they have 76 scholarships for the next 3 seasons? Just trying to understand how that all works.

sandwolf
04-08-2016, 04:11 PM

Haha, he would throw David Johnson's ass under the bus without even thinking about it.