PDA

View Full Version : AP Presley

GTHOM
04-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Ok for those of you that know what all is going on with this I and some others on this board may not be as up to date. Just wondering if Coach34 or anyone could give me a rundown of what in the hell is all going on with this

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 10:47 PM
http://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370

GTHOM
04-07-2016, 10:48 PM
http://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370

Thanks man

Reason2succeed
04-08-2016, 01:14 AM
That's cray cray!

RocketDawg
04-08-2016, 07:37 AM
Do you think that, with Tremont (I've actually been through there ... only takes a minute) being somewhat close to Tupelo, the person who invented AJ Presley was trying to imply that she was related to Elvis? Perhaps in that way, gain a little more credibility or hero-worshiping?

Reason2succeed
04-08-2016, 08:30 AM
Exactly. This is so dumb. These recruits thought they were going to end up hanging an heir to Elvis Presley. Haha!

SailingDawg
04-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Too bad no viable news sources take time to investigate such a ridiculous attempt at fame, or whatever it was she was seeking.

blacklistedbully
04-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Anybody else wondering if this is the same booster who has been giving Steve his inside info? If Steve is protecting this guy's identity, it could explain why someone with inside info would share it with Steve.

Another possibility...might this be one of the, "disassociated boosters" we heard about that's supposed to be from the Tupelo area?

Reason2succeed
04-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Are you accusing Steve Robertson of extortion?*** I tend to think that Steve is a decent person who just wants to see real journalism done. Remember that he exposed State when we were under investigation too.

shannondawg
04-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Did't all this get outed about a year ago? Has he still been doing it since then?

MSUDawg99
04-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Did't all this get outed about a year ago? Has he still been doing it since then?

Yes Steve blew this case open a year ago. But so many UM fans, Acey Roberts in particular, didn't believe Steve actually found out who the real catfish was. He did & she has now finally come out "publically" & apologized on FB. She admitted Steve found her & she admitted that Acey Roberts & Matthew Carbophat Faulkner were not her & didn't know her & that she duped them. It's a big, long ordeal. You'd have to go back to steve's podcast from last year to get the details. There's alot to it.

The catfish is a female, not a male. I had my doubts at first thinking it was both a male & female, maybe married couple cause this person was contributing to UM blogs & radio shows & has knowledge of the team but it was in fact just a female operating of her own volition. Her fam apparently didn't know she was doing it according to her apology last night but wanted to remain anon for fear of repercussions to her family & she had apparently recv'd death threats. Real or not, who knows.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Yes Steve blew this case open a year ago. But so many UM fans, Acey Roberts in particular, didn't believe Steve actually found out who the real catfish was. He did & she has now finally come out "publically" & apologized on FB. She admitted Steve found her & she admitted that Acey Roberts & Matthew Carbophat Faulkner were not her & didn't know her & that she duped them. It's a big, long ordeal. You'd have to go back to steve's podcast from last year to get the details. There's alot to it.

The catfish is a female, not a male. I had my doubts at first thinking it was both a male & female, maybe married couple cause this person was contributing to UM blogs & radio shows & has knowledge of the team but it was in fact just a female operating of her own volition. Her fam apparently didn't know she was doing it according to her apology last night but wanted to remain anon for fear of repercussions to her family & she had apparently recv'd death threats. Real or not, who knows.

Where did you draw that conclusion from?

MSUDawg99
04-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Where did you draw that conclusion from?

That she's a female? Cause Steve admitted to such on his podcast last year when he talked about it. And plus, I had been following it for quite some time. Did you read the FB apology last night that she Steve RT'd?

shannondawg
04-08-2016, 12:47 PM

I and I imagine quite a few others thank you for this clear update. Sometimes posters think everyone is up to speed on all the going ons.

Political Hack
04-08-2016, 12:50 PM
A female went on the radio pretending to be her. So it was a female, at least in part. I have a feeling one of the Make It Rain guys was running the Twitter account. The Acey fellow has defended it consistently by saying there are a lot of people with anonymous Twitter accounts, as if that somehow justifies a fake Twitter account lying to 16-17 year old recruits to lure them to campus.

SouthMsDawg
04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
A female went on the radio pretending to be her. So it was a female, at least in part. I have a feeling one of the Make It Rain guys was running the Twitter account. The Acey fellow has defended it consistently by saying there are a lot of people with anonymous Twitter accounts, as if that somehow justifies a fake Twitter account lying to 16-17 year old recruits to lure them to campus.

I agree with this 100% and still believe that Acey was the mastermind behind all of this.

Jack Lambert
04-08-2016, 01:34 PM
I just wonder how many Ole Miss football players got a virtual blow job from him.

BossDawg
04-08-2016, 03:14 PM
That's cray cray!

Their entire fan base (mostly) is certifiably cray cray when they deal with recruits. They literally idolize and worship 16, 17, 18 year old boys.....literally.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2016, 04:15 PM
That she's a female? Cause Steve admitted to such on his podcast last year when he talked about it. And plus, I had been following it for quite some time. Did you read the FB apology last night that she Steve RT'd?

Yes I read the apology and it said nothing gender specific.
I will agree a female was involved by calling the shows. But I don't think she was the mastermind.

MSUDawg99
04-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Yes I read the apology and it said nothing gender specific.
I will agree a female was involved by calling the shows. But I don't think she was the mastermind.

I had thought the same thing. I initially thought a husband & wife duo or something but who knows.

SailingDawg
04-08-2016, 07:04 PM
I had thought the same thing. I initially thought a husband & wife duo or something but who knows.

Isn't there a husband-and-wife combo that run a rebel website?