PDA

View Full Version : Baseball the next few weeks

djaymsu5
04-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Could make or break this season. Holy sh** at the road skid we have in a couple of weeks with like 8 straight away games. I hope some of these young pitchers step up. We need somebody to find an identity quick. We have some good midweek games coming up too with Memphis, ULM, Ole Miss again in Trustmark. Gone be a tough stretch for the dawgs coming up. We really need to atleast pick one up this weekend in Gainesville.

Todd4State
04-07-2016, 10:30 PM
I think it could make or break whether we are a National Seed or host possibly. That may be what you are talking about.

Memphis has a legit name on their jersey- but they're not very good this year. We should beat them. Louisiana-Monroe is even worse than Memphis and we should win easily in Biloxi. Ole Miss will be tough- their midweek guy pretty much shut down USM. I wouldn't be surprised if they move him to the rotation soon though based on how their starting pitchers have looked so far. We're going to have to bring it to win the Governor's Cup and not make mistakes like we did against them in game three in the field.

Assuming Cohen pitches Pilkington Sunday- which is probably a pretty safe assumption- it will be interesting to see who he starts midweek against Memphis. If it were me, I think I might go ahead and start Kale Breaux. My guess as to what our coaches will do is start Keegan James.

djaymsu5
04-07-2016, 10:39 PM
I think it could make or break whether we are a National Seed or host possibly. That may be what you are talking about.

Memphis has a legit name on their jersey- but they're not very good this year. We should beat them. Louisiana-Monroe is even worse than Memphis and we should win easily in Biloxi. Ole Miss will be tough- their midweek guy pretty much shut down USM. I wouldn't be surprised if they move him to the rotation soon though based on how their starting pitchers have looked so far. We're going to have to bring it to win the Governor's Cup and not make mistakes like we did against them in game three in the field.

Assuming Cohen pitches Pilkington Sunday- which is probably a pretty safe assumption- it will be interesting to see who he starts midweek against Memphis. If it were me, I think I might go ahead and start Kale Breaux. My guess as to what our coaches will do is start Keegan James.

Well I did mean as hosting mostly but if we got off on a losing streak we may lose our fire is mostly what I meant. I hope we find that 3rd guy for Sunday I really do. Atleast somebody that can get us 4 or 5 innings. And the midweek games I have doubt we should win but I am just worried now after the debacle earlier in the season. We need to keep this train rolling. I hope Robson is able to come back soon but I know those hand injuries can be nagging.

Todd4State
04-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Well I did mean as hosting mostly but if we got off on a losing streak we may lose our fire is mostly what I meant. I hope we find that 3rd guy for Sunday I really do. Atleast somebody that can get us 4 or 5 innings. And the midweek games I have doubt we should win but I am just worried now after the debacle earlier in the season. We need to keep this train rolling. I hope Robson is able to come back soon but I know those hand injuries can be nagging.

I'm not worried about this team losing their fire after the EKU and Oral Roberts debacle and then we followed that up a series win at Vanderbilt and then took the next two SEC series after that plus a win against USM thrown in there. We're a LOT more competitive in terms of attitude than we have been since 2013.

Our midweek losses- we only have two thus far- we followed that up by kicking Valley, USM, and UT-Martin's ass. With many of the same pitchers. The difference was Cohen managed them MUCH better. We're not waiting until the bases are loaded and two runs are in with no outs before we do something. Plus, our pitchers seem to be getting better by the week for the most part. I don't think we have peaked yet because we still have some room for growth. And that's a good thing.

djaymsu5
04-08-2016, 07:35 AM
I agree

AusTexDawg
04-08-2016, 08:03 AM
If their offensive explosion last night against Vandy is a sign of things to come, the LSU trip is looking more like many expected them to at the beginning of the season. Someone on this board (I forget who) predicted that the lights would come on for LSU's young team right about the time we head to Baton Rouge.

MarketingBully
04-08-2016, 08:21 AM
If their offensive explosion last night against Vandy is a sign of things to come, the LSU trip is looking more like many expected them to at the beginning of the season. Someone on this board (I forget who) predicted that the lights would come on for LSU's young team right about the time we head to Baton Rouge.

Let's see if they take that series before anointing them. That had a lot to do with Sheffield having a shitty game then LSU coming alive.

BrunswickDawg
04-08-2016, 09:05 AM
If we come out of these next 2 weekends 3-3 against UF and A&M I think we will stand a good chance against LSU. Having Bama, Mizzou, and the Barn on the back end of our schedule is a real plus this year.

MetEdDawg
04-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Some on here have mentioned that Pilkington is probably starting Sunday. Has there been anything to confirm that other than the fact he only pitched one inning the other night against UT Martin?