PDA

View Full Version : Relentless Baseball episode

Todd4State
04-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Very enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxc8OFX3Lsk

ZedFedder
04-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Wonderful. I love when Cohen says you have to recruit the right attitude. Goes right along with what you have said, Todd. Misread on some guys and now Cohen has guys in there that are Cohen type guys.

Todd4State
04-07-2016, 11:40 PM
Wonderful. I love when Cohen says you have to recruit the right attitude. Goes right along with what you have said, Todd. Misread on some guys and now Cohen has guys in there that are Cohen type guys.

I love a quote from Herb Brooks the 1980 US Olympic Hockey coach- I don't want the best players, I want the right players.

I'm actually very surprised at how badly we misevaluated some of our players on recent teams in that regard.

State82
04-08-2016, 08:13 AM
I heard an interview with Cohen a couple years ago. I think it may have been on Bounds' show. He said he was have dinner with Mullen one evening and they were discussing their respective programs and player recruitment/evaluation. Cohen said he and Dan both admitted that it takes a special player to be able to play for either one of them. If the player doesn't have the right mindset/attitude they will never make it under Cohen or Mullen and their intensity. Identify the right ones however, and you can be very successful.