turkish
04-07-2016, 07:37 PM
That account is still active?

archdog
04-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Who is this?

missouridawg
04-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Thoroughly surprised at the lack of chatter about this here...

BossDawg
04-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Who is this?

It's some "girl" that was tweeting recruits and long story short, a lot of people called "her" out on having a fake profile (particularly Robertson) and they ended up being right. Tonight "she" came forward and admitted the truth, although "her" real identity is still a secret. Thing is, Freeze vouched for "her", Tweeting that she was a "good Rebel" and even wishing her happy birthday at one point. Basically in the grand scheme of things it's just proof of how batshit crazy their fans are when it comes to recruiting.

That's the gist of it but I'm sure there's way more to it that I'm leaving out. Maybe someone will add in better details.

missouridawg
04-07-2016, 09:48 PM
It's some "girl" that was tweeting recruits and long story short, a lot of people called "her" out on having a fake profile (particularly Robertson) and they ended up being right. Tonight "she" came forward and admitted the truth, although "her" real identity is still a secret. Thing is, Freeze vouched for "her", Tweeting that she was a "good Rebel" and even wishing her happy birthday at one point. Basically in the grand scheme of things it's just proof of how batshit crazy their fans are when it comes to recruiting.

That's the gist of it but I'm sure there's way more to it that I'm leaving out. Maybe someone will add in better details.

I can't believe Steve is letting their identity stay secret. This person has to know Freeze personally, as well as some of their media dweebs.

DancingRabbit
04-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Who is this?

It's about the OM fan that was "catfishing" OM recruits using pictures they stole from a girl in Georgia.

I wonder if the NCAA has looked into this?

Here's a story about it.

http://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370

BeardoMSU
04-07-2016, 10:18 PM
The only thing of note about this whole thing is the Freeze birthday tweet. Yeah, he could have known him/her, but without any proof....meh.

Bucky Dog
04-07-2016, 10:30 PM
They copied and pasted the "confession" from this guy in a thread on SPS. Pretty disturbing, but basically said he appreciates Steve not outing him because he has a lot to lose. Said he is not involved with the UNM in any way and Acey and friends did not get him to do this.

BeardoMSU
04-07-2016, 10:32 PM
They copied and pasted the "confession" from this guy in a thread on SPS. Pretty disturbing, but basically said he appreciates Steve not outing him because he has a lot to lose. Said he is not involved with the UNM in any way and Acey and friends did not get him to do this.

Wasn't it a woman who spoke on their show as this the AP person, though?

Reason2succeed
04-08-2016, 01:21 AM
Steve Robertson is going to mess around and win a Pulitzer!

SDDawg
04-08-2016, 03:02 AM
Some dude named Roberts... He's on Twitter.

MSUDawg99
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Wasn't it a woman who spoke on their show as this the AP person, though?

Yes. I think it's a woman, not a man, imho. Originally I thought it was a man, tho too.

blacklistedbully
04-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Yes. I think it's a woman, not a man, imho. Originally I thought it was a man, tho too.

Or part of the deal he struck with Steve included protecting his wife/partner by saying neither she or anyone else in his family knew.

It's hard for me to believe a mom could post over 20,000 times on a fake identity without her family ever knowing. It's even harder when the catfisher is an admitted fraud.

DancingRabbit
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Or part of the deal he struck with Steve included protecting his wife/partner by saying neither she or anyone else in his family knew.

It's hard for me to believe a mom could post over 20,000 times on a fake identity without her family ever knowing. It's even harder when the catfisher is an admitted fraud.

Yeah, I'm skeptical. I tend to think it was a guy and a woman that teamed up for their crusade.

MSUDawg99
04-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I'm skeptical. I tend to think it was a guy and a woman that teamed up for their crusade.

That was my original thinking as well...a married couple perhaps where he would feed her info to say. But then thought otherwise after listening to Steve's podcast. Honestly, I don't know what to think now. But guess it doesn't matter anymore.