PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Springs

fccee1
04-07-2016, 05:01 PM
The wife bought a weekend stay at a condo in Ocean Springs at some charity benefit.
Looking for ideas on places to eat.

Thanks

SignalToNoise
04-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Try Phoenicia on Government street.

For a more casual evening, check out the patio at Leo's. The pizza is good and there is usually live entertainment on the weekends.

TatoNut donuts are good, too.

Original48
04-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Filling Station over the bridge in Biloxi for morning bloodies and great sandwiches. Government street has lots of options and Leo's is fun with a good band and pizza.

Liverpooldawg
04-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I haven't been down there in a long time. Is Salvetties (sp?) still there? It used to be downtown just up the street from the Walter Anderson Museum. Tht was some of the best Italian I have ever had.

BeardoMSU
04-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Mike's on the back bayou has $5 dozen oysters.

Political Hack
04-07-2016, 05:49 PM
New Orleans oysters at The Wharf in Biloxi are good. Shaggy's is great for day beer with kids in tote.

Mary Mahoney's for a nice dinner. French style.

Just walk the strip in Ocean Springs and bar hop a little the first night. You'll enjoy it.

fccee1
04-07-2016, 06:15 PM
We always do Mary Mahoney's one of our favorites, but want to try something new.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

SignalToNoise
04-07-2016, 06:18 PM
If we're considering all of the gulf coast, not just OS, then also go for Half Shell: two locations, one in Biloxi, one in Gulfport. Both are good.

Pirates Cove on Menge. Long way from you but go get a po boy and thank me later.

Darwell's in Long Beach. It's a bit pricey for what you get, but it is good and usually have good live music.

Shaggy's (two locations, building a third near Salute I believe) is an establishment, just make sure you have plenty of time because they are slow, or at least the one in Pass is.

Speaking of Salute it's worth mentioning, too.

Cork and Cleaver in downtown Gulfport should be recommended too.

fccee1
04-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Does Phoenecia require reservations?

Thick
04-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Filling Station over the bridge in Biloxi for morning bloodies and great sandwiches. Government street has lots of options and Leo's is fun with a good band and pizza.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

FISHDAWG
04-07-2016, 06:42 PM

don't know if they are required but def is advisable on weekends ... and it's an excellent choice .... If you get on a Sushi kick try Ichabans ... If you get a craving for a steak then try Sheryls Steak house ... both are on hwy 90 (Bienville Blvd)

shrimp
04-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Bozo's in Pascagoula. Get the steamed shrimp or shrimp poboy.

SailingDawg
04-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Bozo's in Pascagoula. Get the steamed shrimp or shrimp poboy.

Bozo's is a must. Not only is the food the best around, but the experience in ordering, paying, and watching all the people can't be missed.

Government Street Grocery is also one of my favorites.

redstickdawg
04-07-2016, 07:33 PM

They don't require reservations, but it is BYOB. Highly reccommended.

Bucky Dog
04-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Filling Station is my vote for the morning after as well! Great burgers and sandwiches, and the crawfish were good too. Downtown Government at night is good. Mostly casual and you can bar hop after eating.

parabrave
04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
The wife bought a weekend stay at a condo in Ocean Springs at some charity benefit.
Looking for ideas on places to eat.

Thanks

Stay the heck away from the coast this weekend. It's a certain Spring Break down here. Even though you might be in Ocean Springs there will be traffic plans from the Pass to Gautier this weekend on HWY 90.

FISHDAWG
04-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Stay the heck away from the coast this weekend. It's a certain Spring Break down here. Even though you might be in Ocean Springs there will be traffic plans from the Pass to Gautier this weekend on HWY 90.

this .... Take my word for it ... I live in the epicenter of it and I wont go out the entire weekend ... glad the Masters is on.

fccee1
04-07-2016, 09:01 PM
crap