PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the talking points have changed...again

spiritual_machine2005
04-07-2016, 11:34 AM
So now they are admitting that NCAA interviews are still ongoing. Of course, they don't admit that the interviews pertain to the UM investigation. But I'm betting the talking points will change again in a few weeks. Seriously, how many times can their beat writers backtrack before their followers catch on that they a) are lying to them or b) are being lied to!1988

I tried to attach a screen shot. I hope it worked.

*edited to add larger version*
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfdFPiDWIAUy_Iy.jpg
-Scoobadawg

Coach34
04-07-2016, 11:41 AM
It did not- cut and paste?

Big4Dawg
04-07-2016, 11:43 AM
"***All I can say is that I'm grateful the witch hunt going on regarding Ole Miss and the NCAA is not taking place in this network. A writer from another network who covers a rival school released another "story" on Wednesday predicting damning things coming for the Ole Miss football program. Unless I am flat-out being lied to, nothing as severe as this guy is suggesting is coming the way of Ole Miss. He is suggesting TV and bowl bans. This is a huge stretch on that writer's part, as I understand things. I am told we will know more by April 22, the date which Ole Miss plans to release its answers to all NCAA charges. In general, be wary of stories with "off-the-record" sources. I will say this, I do know the NCAA is still interviewing a few former recruits (as recently as a few weeks ago), but I do not know if those interviews pertain to this inquiry."

:eek:

Coach34
04-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Wait- they swore to the heavens above that Rosey and I were lying about recruits still being interviewed??? How can this be???

No wonder we have so many OM people reading this site- they want to find out what the **** is really going on

confucius say
04-07-2016, 11:47 AM
When did Steve suggest tv and bowl bans?

TrapGame
"***All I can say is that I'm grateful the witch hunt going on regarding Ole Miss and the NCAA is not taking place in this network. A writer from another network who covers a rival school released another "story" on Wednesday predicting damning things coming for the Ole Miss football program. Unless I am flat-out being lied to, nothing as severe as this guy is suggesting is coming the way of Ole Miss. He is suggesting TV and bowl bans. This is a huge stretch on that writer's part, as I understand things. I am told we will know more by April 22, the date which Ole Miss plans to release its answers to all NCAA charges. In general, be wary of stories with "off-the-record" sources. I will say this, I do know the NCAA is still interviewing a few former recruits (as recently as a few weeks ago), but I do not know if those interviews pertain to this inquiry."

So B-Dork is a liar? He said it was over weeks ago.

And if nothing does really come of this the NCAA has proven once and for all it's a toothless tiger and should be ignored.

spiritual_machine2005

:eek:

Thanks. I tried to paste a screen shot from my iphone. i failed it would seem.

confucius say
04-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Wait- they swore to the heavens above that Rosey and I were lying about recruits still being interviewed??? How can this be???

No wonder we have so many OM people reading this site- they want to find out what the **** is really going on

Serious question. Why is it that Steve, and you, have good sources on this but om writers don't? Or are om writers getting the same info and just lying? Just wondering why sources would leak info to Steve but not om writers.

Jack Lambert
04-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Serious question. Why is it that Steve, and you, have good sources on this but om writers don't? Or are om writers getting the same info and just lying? Just wondering why sources would leak info to Steve but not om writers.

They have sources as well but they also allied with the parties who are being investigated and are taking part in the disinformation and lying.

Jarius
04-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Steve isn't getting info from Freeze and Bjork, so he is getting the real story. Freeze and Bjork want his source so they can shut this shit down. The fact that their media is too damn stupid to figure out that they are being used a puppets is amazing. If someone kept telling me things that were proven to be untrue and hurt my credibility, I would be furious no matter how much I loved that school. They are like lap dogs that eat up whatever the admin tells them no matter how many times they crawfish on what they said before. It's comical to see how damn stupid that group of media members are being made to look over all of this.

Mjoelner34
04-07-2016, 11:54 AM

It could be any or all of these:

a) Their writers are being lied to.
b) They have the info and are lying to the readers out of fear for their jobs and under orders from someone.
c) The information is out there but doesn't fit the narrative from Bjork and Freeze so they don't go looking for it and therefore don't have to report it.

confucius say
04-07-2016, 11:58 AM
They have sources as well but they also allied with the parties who are being investigated and are taking part in the disinformation and lying.

Yea maybe. but I tend to think David Johnson does not have the same sources that Steve has. My guess is somebody with an axe to grind wants this info out and they are using Steve as their mouthpiece.

Coach34
OM doesn't want all this to be public- so they use their propaganda machine to delay as much as possible. They aren't sure how much they can hide- so they deny everything to control the message.

I have people in high high places that send me stuff to get it out there

Political Hack
So B-Dork is a liar? He said it was over weeks ago.

And if nothing does really come of this the NCAA has proven once and for all it's a toothless tiger and should be ignored.

It was over weeks ago. Then it started again.

confucius say
04-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Steve isn't getting info from Freeze and Bjork, so he is getting the real story. Freeze and Bjork want his source so they can shut this shit down. The fact that their media is too damn stupid to figure out that they are being used a puppets is amazing. If someone kept telling me things that were proven to be untrue and hurt my credibility, I would be furious no matter how much I loved that school. They are like lap dogs that eat up whatever the admin tells them no matter how many times they crawfish on what they said before. It's comical to see how damn stupid that group of media members are being made to look over all of this.

Very true. If I had been burned as often as their writers have, I would do some independent journalism before just regurgitating what I'm told.

confucius say
04-07-2016, 12:00 PM
It could be any or all of these:

a) Their writers are being lied to.
b) They have the info and are lying to the readers out of fear for their jobs and under orders from someone.
c) The information is out there but doesn't fit the narrative from Bjork and Freeze so they don't go looking for it and therefore don't have to report it.

I'm guessing C

JDog13
04-07-2016, 12:01 PM

OM and their media thinks the MSU Mafia is a joke. That's why they have bad sources.

JDog13
04-07-2016, 12:14 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2mhhooi.jpg

starkvegasdawg
04-07-2016, 12:18 PM
OM and their media thinks the MSU Mafia is a joke. That's why they have bad sources.

What they think the MSU mafia is like:

http://media.pennlive.com/midstate_impact/photo/11963139-large.jpg

What it's really like:

http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/11/Italian-Mafia.jpg

TrapGame
04-07-2016, 12:31 PM

B-Dork be like:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1b31a7473fed320aab61fc0e93158176a1ef09de4156ba7e3c 718e5999d700fb.jpg

oldjoedawg
04-07-2016, 12:31 PM

Steve has repeatedly stated that he has not suggested any 'bans' of any kind simply because there is no way to know what punishments will be levied. Others have put those "words in his mouth" so that when/if those do not happen, they can attack him for being wrong.... He has steadfastly refused to make any guesses on what punishments may occur. He has suggested that ULL case may give some indication of what is to come.

Bully13
04-07-2016, 12:38 PM
I'm guessing they all know all of their crimes and punishment will eventually be public information. I guess they think the more they can delay, the less of an impact all of their initial lies will be. Gotta be something behind these intentional delays. Prolonging the inevitable is kinda puzzling.

confucius say
04-07-2016, 12:48 PM
Steve has repeatedly stated that he has not suggested any 'bans' of any kind simply because there is no way to know what punishments will be levied. Others have put those "words in his mouth" so that when/if those do not happen, they can attack him for being wrong.... He has steadfastly refused to make any guesses on what punishments may occur. He has suggested that ULL case may give some indication of what is to come.

Exactly. Hyperbole kills credibility.

JDog13
04-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Aaaaaaand just like that, Johnson crawfished. Reworded his post. Hey David, click an ad, breh.

Tbonewannabe
04-07-2016, 01:38 PM

The NCAA will not penalize the other teams with a TV ban. I would think a bowl ban is likely if it is close to USCw penalties.

M.Fillmore
04-07-2016, 02:11 PM

/\/\/\ This!!! /\//\/
Beaver meet tree.

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 02:31 PM

This is the Ole Miss way. It's cultural. They do the same thing to any MSU fan posting on any other board. I have seen them quote me on other boards where the OP has deliberately taken my words out-of-context, or flat out lied about what I said so they can ridicule or counter an argument I never actually made.

They also love to do this in an attempt to discredit us with posters from other schools , so that when we pass on info we know about, the other posters will think it's all BS.

Time & again I tear them up on MB's where I use facts & reason, only to see them never counter the actual facts or argument, but rather go for a strategy of insults and ridicule, or going for the tried-&-true, "straw-man argument".

From my experience, 99% of Ole Miss posters do this, and they do it every time. If you ever find an Ole Miss fan who will actually engage you in an intelligent, reasoned debate, you have found the proverbial needle-in-the-haystack.

Drugs Delaney
04-07-2016, 02:46 PM
I am getting nothing by clicking thumbnail. Who wrote this?

engie
04-07-2016, 03:27 PM

If someone has time to scour the archives -- there are quotes from Bjork saying it is over from the very first story on the inquiry in Philadelphia, which I believe was the first info of any kind pertaining to the investigation. He's been saying it is over for at least 2 possibly 3 years

Coach34
04-07-2016, 03:32 PM
How any OM fan could believe anything said by Yancy, Chuck, or Johnson at this point is mystifying....well, Bdork too for that matter

Mjoelner34
04-07-2016, 03:39 PM
If someone has time to scour the archives -- there are quotes from Bjork saying it is over from the very first story on the inquiry in Philadelphia, which I believe was the first info of any kind pertaining to the investigation. He's been saying it is over for at least 2 possibly 3 years

I just copied this from a Yahoo article. The only thing I altered or deleted was the number of years the story states that Freeze has been at UNM. Can you guess when this story was written? Scroll down past the story to see the answer.

Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports the Mississippi football and women’s basketball programs are subjects of the investigation. One source with knowledge of the probe said the bulk of the potential violations relate to women’s basketball. The source said the current football staff of head coach Hugh Freeze is not believed to be implicated in any major violations, and that much of the football inquiry dates back to actions by a previous Ole Miss staff. Freeze is in his XXX year at the school. The source said there have been no new allegations, all NCAA interviews have completed and the school is waiting for the NCAA Department of Enforcement's next step.

By Pat Forde
October 2, 2014 4:04 AM
Yahoo Sports

Its funny how a quote from a 'source' in a story dated October 2, 2014 is pretty much identical to the line Bjork threw out this time isn't it.

BossDawg
04-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Holy crap. I can't believe that article is from nearly 2 years ago. I was reading and thinking, "that has to be from this year." That is the same recycled garbage we were fed earlier this year.

MSUDawg99
04-07-2016, 04:25 PM
nm

Bully13
04-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Holy shit. Talk about cut and paste.

sandwolf
04-07-2016, 05:01 PM

Yea, that is what I can't wrap my head around......those guys seem to have no problem whatsoever with having their credibility destroyed by their 'sources.' I can understand initially putting out information as absolute fact because you felt like you were getting the inside scoop from a well placed and reliable source.....but I can't understand why anyone would continue to do that after the information has continually turned out to be absolute bullshit. I would have been furious when it came out that the NOA contained 13 football allegations after I had been telling anyone that would listen that there were only 3-4 football allegations while Steve has been telling everyone that there would be a dozen or more......but I also try not to make a habit of allowing people make me look completely ridiculous in front of a large audience, whereas those guys clearly aren't worried about that.

Dawgowar
04-07-2016, 07:14 PM
I wonder if they are losing it about now? You know, the NCAA not accepting their proposed wrist-slaps as penalties.

"OK, OK, We'll cut 2 scholarships a year and get rid of free extra pudding night in the dining hall."

"Show Cause. LOIC"

"2 Scholarships, no extra pudding, and we'll do a PSA about responsible tailgating?"

Just wonder how nervous they are really getting behind closed doors. Bjork is running very quiet since the denials.

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Yea, that is what I can't wrap my head around......those guys seem to have no problem whatsoever with having their credibility destroyed by their 'sources.' I can understand initially putting out information as absolute fact because you felt like you were getting the inside scoop from a well placed and reliable source.....but I can't understand why anyone would continue to do that after the information has continually turned out to be absolute bullshit. I would have been furious when it came out that the NOA contained 13 football allegations after I had been telling anyone that would listen that there were only 3-4 football allegations while Steve has been telling everyone that there would be a dozen or more......but I also try not to make a habit of allowing people make me look completely ridiculous in front of a large audience, whereas those guys clearly aren't worried about that.

You forget just how delusional those folks are. They want so badly to believe, they can convince themselves of just about anything, despite what their own eyes or ears tell them. More than any fanbase in existence, they can block out reality and continue to live in a fantasy world, where things that are inconvenient truths are simply pushed right out of their minds.

Perpetual Underachiever
04-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Within the past week I was told the following is guaranteed:

-- 2 year bowl ban
-- 30 scholarships over 3 years

This is coming from someone who is very connected and has been 100% correct throughput the entire process. So they can spin it all they want, manipulate the media, and continue to preach "nothing to see here", but the above is a done deal...and hopefully there will be more.

Statefan
04-07-2016, 08:52 PM

-- 2 year bowl ban

This is coming from someone who is very connected and has been 100% correct throughput the entire process. So they can spin it all they want, manipulate the media, and continue to preach "nothing to see here", but the above is a done deal...and hopefully there will be more.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/chris-fowler-more-cowbell.gif

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 09:20 PM

-- 2 year bowl ban

As much as I would love to believe this, I don't think anybody yet knows. Only the NCAA can make that call, and they have to complete their process before they can determine the punishment.

Any talk of sanctions at this stage is purely speculation, and speculating what the NCAA is going to do is iffy at best, given how inconsistent they have been lately.

Schultzy
04-07-2016, 09:55 PM
What they think the MSU mafia is like:

http://media.pennlive.com/midstate_impact/photo/11963139-large.jpg

What it's really like:

http://www.wnd.com/files/2015/11/Italian-Mafia.jpg
Actually it's what 13 sec schools are like + 2 acc schools and some big 10's. They're screwed.

DancingRabbit
04-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Actually it's what 13 sec schools are like + 2 acc schools and some big 10's. They're screwed.

Maybe a more appropriate analogy

https://41.media.tumblr.com/eeda9424196b5557850ff53f7a6051be/tumblr_n0vkif8v2I1tp4zhzo1_500.jpg

sandwolf
04-08-2016, 09:47 AM
As much as I would love to believe this, I don't think anybody yet knows. Only the NCAA can make that call, and they have to complete their process before they can determine the punishment.

Any talk of sanctions at this stage is purely speculation, and speculating what the NCAA is going to do is iffy at best, given how inconsistent they have been lately.

Agreed. I can buy someone having a source with legitimate information on the investigation (who is being interviewed, what has found, etc.), but anyone claiming to know anything about the sanctions that the Committee on Infractions is going to hand out is just talking out of their ass.

Perpetual Underachiever
04-09-2016, 08:17 AM

I mostly agree with you and others when it comes to debating what sanctions will be handed down... but I do think it's possible that some of the most likely, and desired sanctions by the NCAA, could and have been leaked. I never said this was set in stone, but I've got my money on 2yr bowl and 30 over 3...as the major sanctions.

MaroonDawg25
04-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Ok I don't quite get this. Does this mean that they will lose 10 per year for 3 years or that they will lose 30 per year for three years. I would assume the first because of "over" but I was never real sure. Also if that is the case will losing 10 scholarships be a devastating blow? Or just a nuance. Taking the total scholarship number from 85 to 75 just seems like they'll have less depth but still be able to field all the starz they have. Which is basically what they've only been working with for the past 3 years, hoping the 6 to 10 amazing/great players can make up for the other okayish ones they have.

ShotgunDawg
04-09-2016, 09:39 AM
I mostly agree with you and others when it comes to debating what sanctions will be handed down... but I do think it's possible that some of the most likely, and desired sanctions by the NCAA, could and have been leaked. I never said this was set in stone, but I've got my money on 2yr bowl and 30 over 3...as the major sanctions.

Does this include a "show cause" for Freeze?

Statefan
04-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Ok I don't quite get this. Does this mean that they will lose 10 per year for 3 years or that they will lose 30 per year for three years. I would assume the first because of "over" but I was never real sure. Also if that is the case will losing 10 scholarships be a devastating blow? Or just a nuance. Taking the total scholarship number from 85 to 75 just seems like they'll have less depth but still be able to field all the starz they have. Which is basically what they've only been working with for the past 3 years, hoping the 6 to 10 amazing/great players can make up for the other okayish ones they have.

I think it's 10 every year.... so they go from 85 to 75 to 65 to 55 by the end of 3 years.... I could be wrong though

spbdawg
04-09-2016, 09:58 AM
#

MaroonDawg25
04-09-2016, 10:08 AM
I think it's 10 every year.... so they go from 85 to 75 to 65 to 55 by the end of 3 years.... I could be wrong though

As I understand it and under this scenario, they would only be able to sign 15 new players per year for three years. So in Year One they max out at 75 scholly player and in Year Three they max out at 55 scholly players.

Any natural roster attrition would further cut into the 55 max scholly roster.

It would take two to three years after the scholly sanctions ended before they could get back to 85 scholly roster. So it's really a five or six year penalty against the 85.

Ok so it is an even 10 every year but because of losing players every year to seniors/draft it becomes exponential in the loss. Then you add on to the fact that they'll be desperate trying to find players that will want to come to the program after the hammer drops and then after the sanctions are done it will take awhile to get back up to a normal roster. That is a pretty devastating blow.

Perpetual Underachiever
04-09-2016, 10:38 AM
You forget just how delusional those folks are. They want so badly to believe, they can convince themselves of just about anything, despite what their own eyes or ears tell them. More than any fanbase in existence, they can block out reality and continue to live in a fantasy world, where things that are inconvenient truths are simply pushed right out of their minds.

Well said. The majority is in 100% denial. They truly think that their "self-proclaimed" elite attorneys, WWE champion AD, the 13th discipline Freezus, and obviously their beautiful campus will get them out of this.

Agreed. I can buy someone having a source with legitimate information on the investigation (who is being interviewed, what has found, etc.), but anyone claiming to know anything about the sanctions that the Committee on Infractions is going to hand out is just talking out of their ass.

Sand, let me elaborate on, and clarify my initial post. First, if you look through my thousands* of post I have never posted any supposed inside info, rumors, etc. I completely agree that nothing is guaranteed, or a done deal, when it comes to what sanctions will be levied. My woolliness after hearing this info possibly affected my rational thinking, and typing. With that said, my source has been spot on throughout the entire investigation and I will stand by the "Prediction" of a 2yr bowl ban and 30 sch. over 3.

No mention of any "show cause", but I pray to that sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus every day that there is multiple "show cause"

Dawgowar
04-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Ok so it is an even 10 every year but because of losing players every year to seniors/draft it becomes exponential in the loss. Then you add on to the fact that they'll be desperate trying to find players that will want to come to the program after the hammer drops and then after the sanctions are done it will take awhile to get back up to a normal roster. That is a pretty devastating blow.

The NCAA can make it a yearly deficit of 10 less scholarships than normal or they can allow the school to split the losses as they see fit over 3 years. Regardless, the second and third order effects are what devastates your roster. Essentially you loose one if not two Senior classes in terms of them having depth AND talent AND leadership. You come off probation and your talent level is decimated and your player leadership is weak. Toss in that fan base and it will get ugly fast in Northern Mississippi.

I'll still believe that many scholarships when I see it. 20 would essentially cost them a class.

Do not forget the other reduction - if the sanctions are bad enough players are allowed to transfer without waiting a year. We all know the big boys will rush in to offer the poor victimized Bear players a new home. One more way to pick the body of the TSUN football program to the bone. They will lose their staff for the most part, their ability to recruit as they have, their best players would flee, and I doubt the NCAA will have the courtesy to give them a good reach around.

All that will be left of the Bjork-Freeze Adventure will be a persistent burning sensation when a group of coed hostesses piss. All that for a returned Sugar Bowl trophy and pointless Peach Bowl participation ring.

sandwolf
04-09-2016, 02:37 PM

I think it just depends on how the NCAA structures it......USC lost 30 scholarships over 3 years (10/year) and they were also limited to no more than 75 total scholarship players. So if they only had 15 scholarships open up in that first year, that would have taken them to 70 total and they only would be able to sign 5 new guys before they hit their new cap of 75...then if they had 25 scholarships open up in the second year (taking them to 50 total), they would only be able to sign 15 due to the 10 scholly/year sanction, bringing them to 65 total scholarship players. I believe I read somewhere that USC only had like 50-something scholarship players during the last season of their sanctions. So needless to say, sanctions like that can be detrimental to a program.

Political Hack
04-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Sanctions are being negotiated now. It's very possible for this leak from OM's Ath Dept. They or the law firm their using is having a very difficult time keeping things from leaking, which would suggest there are multiple leaks close to the situation. The back and forth between what the school will accept and what the NCAA will impose has begun though. That's all a part of the response to the NOA. The beauty of this is that it could be only the 1st set of allegations though. They could (I repeat could because I have no idea if they've coupled them together at this point) be responding to the 2nd waive as well at the same time.

Political Hack
04-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Having to eliminate 10 scholarships your first year is the killer. It destroys a class. Instead of 35 they have to sign 15. Or cut people, which is exactly what the good Christian will do so he can sign more starz. However, it creates a big imbalance because you can't afford to miss on kids anymore. There's zero room for busts. Also, it's harder to get top flight players when there's no room for their brothers or best friends and you're having to explain probation and a post season ban.

Reason2succeed
04-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I want them to have to acknowledge that they were cheating their arses off and stop. Let's be clear without all of their shenanigans they will be hurting. When you add in the effects of the punishment then you have a decimated program looking up at Vandy.

Ralph
04-09-2016, 03:49 PM
I'd be happy with 30/3. That would kill their program for a good while. But I'll be most satisfied if freeze gets exposed with a show cause. Self righteous bitch.

basedog
04-09-2016, 04:08 PM
OM doesn't want all this to be public- so they use their propaganda machine to delay as much as possible. They aren't sure how much they can hide- so they deny everything to control the message.

I have people in high high places that send me stuff to get it out there

Hattiesburg Mafia?

BossDawg
04-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Sanctions are being negotiated now. It's very possible for this leak from OM's Ath Dept. They or the law firm their using is having a very difficult time keeping things from leaking, which would suggest there are multiple leaks close to the situation. The back and forth between what the school will accept and what the NCAA will impose has begun though. That's all a part of the response to the NOA. The beauty of this is that it could be only the 1st set of allegations though. They could (I repeat could because I have no idea if they've coupled them together at this point) be responding to the 2nd waive as well at the same time.

That's what I was wondering: why are they even concerned with sanctions now while the investigation is still ongoing? I've heard the NCAA was still interviewing as of last week. I guess though like you said this could be concerning the first NOA and that further accusations are still being drafted.

Coach34
04-09-2016, 04:49 PM

with investigations still taking place- I'm really wondering how all this is being handled from the NCAA's side?

Do they plan to go ahead and set penalties- then come down with the 2nd penalties later on?
Do they postpone penalties and try to wrap this other stuff up in the next few months- and include everything at once?

It's the 2nd group of allegations thats going to sink them.

Dawgowar
04-09-2016, 05:40 PM
with investigations still taking place- I'm really wondering how all this is being handled from the NCAA's side?

Do they plan to go ahead and set penalties- then come down with the 2nd penalties later on?
Do they postpone penalties and try to wrap this other stuff up in the next few months- and include everything at once?

It's the 2nd group of allegations thats going to sink them.

Yesterdays ten year show cause cleared some of this up coach.

1. The NCAA did not 'get' Butch Davis at UNC, he was pushed out.

2. Tressel was given a show cause but he resigned.

3. Everyone is looking at the NCAA and their conclusion of the UNC case and their handling an SEC School

4. They just hit a coach who is out of coaching with 10 years, multiple assistants with lengthy show causes - USM, ULL, the Texas DB coach for an investigation that is ongoing (acknowledging UT fired the DB coach but it was based on what the NCAA provided)

5. Freeze and his staff are now ground zero - coaching-wise the biggest potential culprits at UNC have been fired. Even some professors are gone. The NCAA needs a trophy badly. They are going to act on every coach related to round one of the charges with a heavy hand. Then, if needed, they will add more sanctions later. The UNC case taught them (along with the Miami case fiasco) to not wait. They will wrap up round one and continue to march into round two. If Freeze is implicated/proven guilty in the past actions he is going to pay the same price as Saunders and company. Round one has been going on for three years. They are not going to wait.

6. The lengthy show cause penalties are a masterstroke. No coach is going to sanction rule breaking if he knows he will lose his livelihood for 5-10 years.

Ground zero is in Oxford. Enjoy the show.

Spiderman
04-09-2016, 09:32 PM

Saint Hugh ain't getting a show cause.

He is too well insulated, plus they are doing whatever it takes to protect him.

Others, might fall, but not him.

Coach34
04-09-2016, 09:40 PM

With the way the NCAA operates now- its pretty much guaranteed. If they have a burner as is rumored- thats an auto show cause

Schultzy
04-10-2016, 07:45 AM

Slive not equal to Sankey, who is catching it from all angles, otherwise I would agree with you.