PDA

View Full Version : Dak visits Broncos Today

Ralph
04-06-2016, 07:25 PM
I live in the Denver metro area and the local news just did a story on Dak. Said he visited today and trying to schedule a private workout. If they can't reach terms with Kaepernick they apparently want Dak pretty badly. Very cool to see Dak on the local news out west. I would be estatic is this happened

tireddawg
04-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Yeah I would like it too. Anywhere but Dallas.

archdog
04-07-2016, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't mind any team that needs a starting QB. I would hate to see Dak go to the NFL just to ride the pine for his career. Anyone except the browns would work.

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't mind any team that needs a starting QB. I would hate to see Dak go to the NFL just to ride the pine for his career. Anyone except the browns would work.

I go with the thought that Dak would do best in a situation where he begins as a backup to an aging QB, giving him a chance to develop under-center. I'd love to see him in Arizona or San Diego, where he can polish his skills without being, "thrown into the fire", then take over in 1-3 years.

DancingRabbit
04-07-2016, 09:34 AM
This mock draft that came out yesterday has Dak going at #63 to Denver and Chris Jones going #52 to Houston.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/06/2016-nfl-mock-draft-4-0-two-round-edition/

Dawg61
04-07-2016, 09:47 AM
This mock draft that came out yesterday has Dak going at #63 to Denver and Chris Jones going #52 to Houston.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/06/2016-nfl-mock-draft-4-0-two-round-edition/

Wow that one doesn't have Boner Kimchee getting drafted in the first 2 rounds at all

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 10:36 AM
For all the talk about Cleveland being a disaster for Dak, I do wonder how much of it is them just not drafting the right guy.

If you look at their O-line, it's damn good, both in pass and run-blocking. I think the bigger problem with Dak going to Cleveland is, if he did, it would be as a later round pick, and as the 2nd QB taken by them. Would hate to see Dak go to a team with another young QB who the organization is already counting on to be their franchise QB.

BiscuitEater
04-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Disagree. Think it would be better for his future to go to a franchise that will be patient bring him along. Take Brock Osweiler at Denver. Drafted in '12 .. learned the position over the next couple of years and stepped in when Peyton faltered. Just left to be the Texans starting QB and signed a $72M contract. He rode the 'pine' for a couple of years and just think he will end up having a longer and better future.

Meanwhile, Brandon Weeden at Cleveland and Robert Griffin at Washington .. both were 'rushed' out to start. Weeden was 3rd string at Dallas last year and now, may never play again. Jury still out on RGIII. Both were drafted before Osweiler in the same draft.

Yes, there are some QBs .. and some situations where a college QB can step in and do well right away. But, for every Andrew Luck, there are a couple of QBs like Johnny football and RGIII.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2016, 10:51 AM
The Chiefs would be a perfect landing spot for Dak. Get a chance to sit behind a vet like Alex Smith for a couple of years while learning under the wing of Andy Reid whose 1 of the best QB minds in football.

Ralph
04-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Elway and Kubiak have decided they don't need a great QB to win a SB, i.e. Peyton's corpse winning one this year. So they sign Mark Sanchez to give them the option of getting Kaepernick whom Sanchez would backup, and if that falls through, drafting Dak to backup Sanchez for a couple years.

Dawg61
04-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I want Dak to start day 1. He's ready.

Maroons
04-07-2016, 12:39 PM
I want Dak to start day 1. He's ready.

Appreciate the optimism but almost nobody is ready from Day 1. Andrew Luck comes along maybe once a decade.

blacklistedbully
04-07-2016, 02:44 PM
The Chiefs would be a perfect landing spot for Dak. Get a chance to sit behind a vet like Alex Smith for a couple of years while learning under the wing of Andy Reid whose 1 of the best QB minds in football.

I would be with you 100% if KC could pass-block worth a damn. But they can't. If Dak ends up there, I pray they do something about upgrading that O-line.

For purely selfish reasons I could enjoy seeing him in San Francisco, but I'm not pulling for it because the O-line is so shitty now it would be hard for him to have time to be successful. And I say this knowing full well that SF could really use a guy like Dak.

War Machine Dawg
04-07-2016, 02:47 PM

I keep thinking this and there was some chatter that KC is interested. I'm not a Chiefs fan, and if Houston isn't gonna draft Dak, I'd love to see see him in KC. Especially since Dak is starting to get McNabb comparisons and Reid developed McNabb.