PDA

View Full Version : New estimates on DNF

Leroy Jenkins
04-06-2016, 04:16 PM
The design team upped the estimate from 40mil to 55. The new budget is going back to ILH for approval. June 2017 is still anticipated start.

MSUDawg99
04-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the updates

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 04:27 PM
And here I thought we had inflation under control.

Coach34
04-06-2016, 04:30 PM
Same word I got earlier. Gonna break ground after next season and make no mistake- Cohen answering the bell has helped bring in more money

Thick
04-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Why the extra 15m?

Big4Dawg
04-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Why the extra 15m?

Installing state-of-the-art bunting practice facility under the LFL lofts. Going to be one of the best, if not the best, in the country

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 04:58 PM
The design team upped the estimate from 40mil to 55. The new budget is going back to ILH for approval. June 2017 is still anticipated start.

Is there a concept drawing of it somewhere? It must be quite elaborate ... that's getting into the dollar numbers that the north end zone cost. And I think more than the east side club and upper deck (almost 20 years ago).

msstate7
04-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Installing state-of-the-art bunting practice facility under the LFL lofts. Going to be one of the best, if not the best, in the country

Most of the money is already accounted for thanks to will James.

Big4Dawg
04-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Is there a concept drawing of it somewhere? It must be quite elaborate ... that's getting into the dollar numbers that the north end zone cost. And I think more than the east side club and upper deck (almost 20 years ago).

This is the baseball field....you know, the images that have been floating around for 2 years?

State82
04-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Why the extra 15m?

The original $40 million estimate was way off base to start with, based on the architect's renderings initially released.

DancingRabbit
04-06-2016, 05:17 PM

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/JA/JADDZKRSWDEJMLJ.20140812175730.jpg

BossDawg
04-06-2016, 05:19 PM
I was thinking they were gonna get something started after this season. The outfield? It's nerve-wracking waiting on this thing.

bulldogcountry1
04-06-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm assuming this is sans left field lofts?

A friend was telling me the other day that he was talking to someone "who would know these things" and he said the estimate was $100mm. If that is accurate, that would have to include the lofts and then some. Either way, we blew the $40 estimate.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 05:28 PM
The original $40 million estimate was way off base to start with, based on the architect's renderings initially released.

This

The Davis Wade Stadium expansion cost $80 mil. Now compare what was built at Davis Wade to what is being build here & you should be able to guess how much the new Dudy Noble SHOULD cost

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 05:28 PM
This is the baseball field....you know, the images that have been floating around for 2 years?

No, actually I don't. I haven't seen them ... otherwise I wouldn't have asked.

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 05:30 PM
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/JA/JADDZKRSWDEJMLJ.20140812175730.jpg

Thank you. Looks like it'll be very nice. Nicer than a lot, if not most, minor league parks.

State82
04-06-2016, 05:52 PM

A friend was telling me the other day that he was talking to someone "who would know these things" and he said the estimate was $100mm. If that is accurate, that would have to include the lofts and then some. Either way, we blew the $40 estimate.

I would guess that the $55 mil figure does not include the lofts. Because if it does, they have probably blown another estimate.

HSVDawg
04-06-2016, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone knew there was no way the renderings they had were happening for $40 million. Not sure why they even released that figure in the first place.

EAVdog
04-06-2016, 06:20 PM

Pretty close to what I've heard as well. Either way it'll be a heck of a Stadium. (Hopefully)

Political Hack
04-06-2016, 06:29 PM
I posted the other day that they were having issues getting the money but I had heard it was because people may have pulled out. Looks like it may have been because the estimates were higher than anticipated. I certainly hope that's what it is. Either way, the Mecca of College Baseball is going to be even better in a few years.

Jack Lambert
04-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you. Looks like it'll be very nice. Nicer than a lot, if not most, minor league parks.

30 years ago we set the bar on how College Baseball stadium should be. We have since had that bar raised. Now we are fixing to set the bar again. It will be the best stadium out side the CWS stadium in the country.

Steakonastick
04-06-2016, 06:52 PM
Fundraising is going fine. The first true construction estimates came back a good bit over the 40 million number. Once it was realized that construction would be put off another year they decided to go all in. Raise the price and get the stadium complete in one off season. Kinda how a&m did their football stadium. The lofts are a while another issue with the main problem being the state owns that land. Secondly the Yankee Mullen does not want them built.

Thick
04-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Why does Mullen not want the Lofts built? It's got nothing to do with football. Secondly, Dan needs to make it to the SEC championship game before commenting on a program that has already played for a NC.

HSVDawg
04-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Fundraising is going fine. The first true construction estimates came back a good bit over the 40 million number. Once it was realized that construction would be put off another year they decided to go all in. Raise the price and get the stadium complete in one off season. Kinda how a&m did their football stadium. The lofts are a while another issue with the main problem being the state owns that land. Secondly the Yankee Mullen does not want them built.

The lofts need to happen. If they can't get the approval from the state to have private residential leases on campus, then they should just keep the exterior the same but convert it over to skyboxes with balconies. This could be done easily by just getting rid of the bedrooms and shrinking down the living room / kitchen areas. Revenue per unit wouldn't be as much, but you'd be able to fit more units into the same space. Plus, you'd have the same perks of LFL where you could grill on the balcony, etc.

ILOATHEBears
04-06-2016, 07:12 PM
Why does Mullen not want the Lofts built? It's got nothing to do with football. Secondly, Dan needs to make it to the SEC championship game before commenting on a program that has already played for a NC.

Be very careful on here about saying anything negative about Dan. Barney may pull his bullet out of his front shirt pocket or ban you as a bear troll

DownwardDawg
04-06-2016, 08:00 PM

^^^This^^^^. +1

Percho
04-06-2016, 08:28 PM
How much is the new Scientific Professor going to cost? The one to teach how to, sit on the off speed pitch and adjust to the fast ball!*****

DancingRabbit
04-06-2016, 08:42 PM

I presume this is a joke.

Big4Dawg
04-06-2016, 09:45 PM
I remember something about they look over our football practice facility and he doesn't want the enemy watching

Todd4State
04-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Whatever the new baseball field is going to cost, we need to pay it because it will pay for itself over time and we need to do this right.

And if we do it right, it will pay itself off more quickly.

I don't know about Dan and the Lofts, but he needs to stay the hell out of the way of the baseball team.

Todd4State
04-06-2016, 09:48 PM
I remember something about they look over our football practice facility and he doesn't want the enemy watching

They all know he runs the same shit anyway.

I'll be pissed if his paranoia hurts our baseball program.

Plus, this is an easy fix- have some security guard over there to make sure on one is watching.

Jacksondevildog
04-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Mullen doesn't want them built because the balconies will over look the practice field for football.

Mjoelner34
04-06-2016, 09:57 PM

If that's the case, we can squelch any future rumors about Mullen to USCw. Its impossible for them to have a closed practice due to dorm rooms.

EAVdog
04-06-2016, 10:30 PM

Yeah, no. The project was never going to cost 40 Mil. 55Mil only gets you about half of that awesome rendering. Lofts had to be easy target.

Steakonastick
04-06-2016, 10:35 PM
i wish I could say it was a joke. But he does not want anybody watching his practices.

Leroy Jenkins
04-07-2016, 01:28 AM
i wish I could say it was a joke. But he does not want anybody watching his practices.

Dont tell him about drones.

Bothrops
04-07-2016, 06:19 AM
Yeah, no. The project was never going to cost 40 Mil. 55Mil only gets you about half of that awesome rendering. Lofts had to be easy target.

Well like I've stated before, if we don't build the lofts, I feel like Ole Miss may do someting similar to show us up. I would hate to think we advertised a grandiose plan like that for everyone to see, only to withdraw the idea and have someone else use it.

RocketDawg
04-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Well like I've stated before, if we don't build the lofts, I feel like Ole Miss may do someting similar to show us up. I would hate to think we advertised a grandiose plan like that for everyone to see, only to withdraw the idea and have someone else use it.

They'll do it anyway, whether the lofts are built or not. They always do. Aren't they in the process of expanding their FB stadium right now, even though it's seldom full as it is? And with the potential hammer coming down, it may not be full for years to come.

bulldogcountry1
04-07-2016, 07:39 AM
Has anyone seen a breakdown of the estimate for the outfield portion (without lofts) and the grandstand portion? It seems to me that the outfield portion could be cut back in terms of cost without anything really being missed. After all, the loungers seem to enjoy the primitive aspect of it. Why make it so nice now? It just needs to be safe. Did they think they were going to win everyone over with concrete and electricity?

As for the lofts, maybe they need to scratch the whole apartment plan and use it for other things. Why not use the bottom floor for a hall of fame and souvenir shop? Put some lounges and skyboxes in the subsequent floors.

EAVdog
04-07-2016, 08:43 AM

Ole Miss is dropping 13 Million on expanding their current Baseball facility. But they are not adding any lofts. At least the Clarion Ledger article didn't mention it if they were.

drummerdawg
04-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Ole Miss is dropping 13 Million on expanding their current Baseball facility. But they are not adding any lofts. At least the Clarion Ledger article didn't mention it if they were.

I think their $ is mostly going to a indoor practice facility (which we already have) and more club type seating. I do like how they have chairbacks all the way down instead of bleachers or berms. I do wish we could fully chairback ours besides the outfield areas. I really don't like the berm idea.

BiscuitEater
04-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Secondly the Yankee Mullen does not want them built.

The 'Yankee' Mullen has done a lot for MSU and football. The last expansion and the one mentioned in the tweet don't happen .. or only happen way in the future without the 'winning' football he started. That said, Dan has zero input into whether the lofts ever get built in left field.

Steakonastick
04-07-2016, 09:20 AM
The 55 million is without the lofts. Those will be a whole seperate bulldog club project when they find a way around the red tape. The lounges are being redone for safety reasons.

bulldogcountry1
04-07-2016, 09:34 AM
I think their $ is mostly going to a indoor practice facility (which we already have) and more club type seating. I do like how they have chairbacks all the way down instead of bleachers or berms. I do wish we could fully chairback ours besides the outfield areas. I really don't like the berm idea.

Think of the berms as overflow seating. In most cases, they will serve to concentrate the crowds more in the seating areas and be a place for kids to round around. During SBW weekend, hundreds of people can sit there. In the future, it would be easy to add permanent seats there as needed.

MSUDawg99
04-07-2016, 09:58 AM

I saw somewhere the other day that the lofts will be built in the second phase so I'm guessing that's not included in this first phase estimate.

drummerdawg
04-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Think of the berms as overflow seating. In most cases, they will serve to concentrate the crowds more in the seating areas and be a place for kids to round around. During SBW weekend, hundreds of people can sit there. In the future, it would be easy to add permanent seats there as needed.

Berms are general admission while the chairbacks are for season ticket holders. Much like it is now but instead of gm being bleachers it's grass. If it's for overflow then kids won't be running around anyway, plus their will be a playground for them to run if they must. Again, why not have chairbacks for the "hundreds" that would sit their for SBW?

engie
04-07-2016, 10:25 AM
You must like the appearance of empty seats.

Do you really think we need to double our chairbacks? We are already adding 2k.

drummerdawg
04-07-2016, 10:48 AM
You must like the appearance of empty seats.

Do you really think we need to double our chairbacks? We are already adding 2k.

Does om stadium look empty? If anything it would make it look more full. The problem is we will end up selling out of season tickets and therefor anybody buying general admission will have to sit on grass. Idk why this even sounds like a good idea to people. I guarantee you more people would show up and fill those seats if they knew they didn't have to sit on grass.

messageboardsuperhero
04-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Does om stadium look empty? If anything it would make it look more full. The problem is we will end up selling out of season tickets and therefor anybody buying general admission will have to sit on grass. Idk why this even sounds like a good idea to people. I guarantee you more people would show up and fill those seats if they knew they didn't have to sit on grass.

You've clearly never been to a midweek game there. Y'all who complain about how empty the Dude looks during midweek would have a brain aneurism if our place looked as desolate as Swayze's grandstand on a Tuesday.

ETA: and there will be plenty of chair backs for general admission people to sit in anytime except big SEC weekends- to go along with infinitely more standing room only.

drummerdawg
04-07-2016, 11:13 AM
You've clearly never been to a midweek game there. Y'all who complain about how empty the Dude looks during midweek would have a brain aneurism if our place looked as desolate as Swayze's grandstand on a Tuesday.

ETA: and there will be plenty of chair backs for general admission people to sit in anytime except big SEC weekends- to go along with infinitely more standing room only.

Ok well that's on a Tuesday, have you been to the Dude on a Tuesday or even a typical SEC weekend? It's usually pretty sparse itself. In fact it was only a week or two ago where some people on here brought that subject up after noticing how empty the stadium was considering it was an SEC weekend. At Swayze you can walk right up get a ticket and have a nice seat. Again, why not have chairbacks for everybody? Even if there will be plenty of chairbacks for general admission people, having to find a seats to sit your family or whoever, and have the risk of possibly having to move if the seat holders show up is enough to not want to try in the first place.

engie
04-07-2016, 12:09 PM

yes it looks empty the majority of the time -- and we are already adding more chairbacks than they have. So you want us to add 2k more?

You don't understand the berms and I don't have the time to explain it for you. But that's open access cooler welcome territory. Chairbacks will never really be that.

drummerdawg
04-07-2016, 12:41 PM
yes it looks empty the majority of the time -- and we are already adding more chairbacks than they have. So you want us to add 2k more?

You don't understand the berms and I don't have the time to explain it for you. But that's open access cooler welcome territory. Chairbacks will never really be that.

You don't have to explain anything, I've already talked to Scott about this so I know how it works. There are 2 designated general admission sitting areas and both are on the grass. The rest are for standing unless you have a season ticket. The people that show up to the games the most are the general admission crowd, students and loungers and actually the general admission crowd probably bring more people in than any of the others. The season ticket holders with charibacks rarely show up. I know a lot of people who buy general admission and sit out in the Lounge on rigs, but once this new stadium is finished those seats won't be available to them anymore as "rigs" or "spots" will now only hold what 6-8 people? I do want to point out that overall I love the new stadium and I'm not one that thinks things are good enough with the current stadium and we shouldn't do anything. I just really hate this berm idea. To me if you're going to build the best ballpark in America and claim to have the greatest baseball fans, then I think all of those fans deserve a decent seat without having to purchase anything premium.

Bubb Rubb
04-07-2016, 12:56 PM
You don't have to explain anything, I've already talked to Scott about this so I know how it works. There are 2 designated general admission sitting areas and both are on the grass. The rest are for standing unless you have a season ticket. The people that show up to the games the most are the general admission crowd, students and loungers and actually the general admission crowd probably bring more people in than any of the others. The season ticket holders with charibacks rarely show up. I know a lot of people who buy general admission and sit out in the Lounge on rigs, but once this new stadium is finished those seats won't be available to them anymore as "rigs" or "spots" will now only hold what 6-8 people? I do want to point out that overall I love the new stadium and I'm not one that thinks things are good enough with the current stadium and we shouldn't do anything. I just really hate this berm idea. To me if you're going to build the best ballpark in America and claim to have the greatest baseball fans, then I think all of those fans deserve a decent seat without having to purchase anything premium.

The berms are quite common these days. Autozone park in Memphis, widely considered as one of the best minor league parks in the country, tore out a couple of thousand seats and added berm seating last year, and many people have said that it made the ballpark experience better. If you want a chairback, you have to pony up and buy one. Otherwise, there are worse things in the world than sitting in the grass and drinking a beer on a sunny day at dudy noble.

engie
04-07-2016, 01:02 PM
What stadium does MSU travel to that gives you a general admission chairback? I'll be waiting a longggg time on that answer. Again -- you don't get it and I don't have time to explain it.

The berms and sro in the new stadium will all be better than the best general admission seat currently in existence in dnf in the situation you describe.