PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard Cliff Notes for Today

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 12:34 PM
Just listened to the Boneyard

1. Hugh Freeze has hired outside counsel

2. Ole Miss did not have a JR Day in March & won't have a Spring Game. Why give up opportunities to get prospects on campus? Steve believes sanctions are already coming down.

3. Hugh Freeze has personally been calling around to find out who Steve's source is. This got back to Steve.

4. Ole Miss has already begun disassociating boosters & some of those boosters are proud that they are a part of an NCAA investigation.

5. The investigation is still on-going. Interviews have been going on this week.

There may have been a few more details, but that's the major points.

BeastMan
04-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Steve Roberstson is acting like a kid that is confident in the exam because he already has the answer key.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Steve Roberstson is acting like a kid that is confident in the exam because he already has the answer key.

Yep

starkvegasdawg
04-06-2016, 12:42 PM
#4 shows the arrogance of that fan base. They really think they are above the law and that nothing will happen to them if they are proud to be part of an NCAA investigation. May they get the Sandusky treatment big time for their arrogance.

Tbonewannabe
04-06-2016, 12:43 PM

I certainly hope so. If the NCAA lets UM skate then welcome to the downfall of college football.

AlSwearengen
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Concerning #4, I wonder how smug some of the boosters may have been with ncaa people. Hopefully, very.

Dawgbite
04-06-2016, 12:44 PM
It's amazing what you can learn when you have access to a web cam hidden in someones office!

TrapGame
04-06-2016, 12:47 PM
I really want this to turn into a federal case over student loans being used for nefarious purposes. That will take the smirk off the faces of Biff and Chatsworth over at Butler and Snow trying to curry favor with the big boys. Orange jumpsuits, frog marches and prison time at the big house will loosen up some lips.

BeardoMSU
04-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Ha, well said, Beast.

HSVDawg
04-06-2016, 12:52 PM
4. Ole Miss has already begun disassociating boosters & some of those boosters are proud that they are a part of an NCAA investigation. .

This is literally the most Ole Miss thing ever. It's like a status thing with them where they can use it to illustrate how much money they have to throw around. Just hilarious and sad.

Tbonewannabe
04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
I am actually surprised the IRS has not gotten involved in this. You know papa kimdeechee didn't claim that $100k check on his taxes that when he bought that Mercedes. There is a lot of taxes not being paid by college athletes under the table, not just at UM.

Bubb Rubb
04-06-2016, 01:03 PM
I certainly hope so. If the NCAA lets UM skate then welcome to the downfall of college football.

They are not gonna skate in the least.

smootness
04-06-2016, 01:08 PM
If they don't have a JR Day or spring game, then you can guarantee those are either sanctions or anticipated sanctions. A guy like Freeze doesn't give those things up unless forced.

Mjoelner34
04-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Orange jumpsuits, frog marches and prison time at the big house will loosen up some lips.

And eventually, some sphincters.

BeardoMSU
04-06-2016, 01:11 PM
If they don't have a JR Day or spring game, then you can guarantee those are either sanctions or anticipated sanctions. A guy like Freeze doesn't give those things up unless forced.

Na man, this is good news.**

Mjoelner34
04-06-2016, 01:11 PM

They're not having a spring game because they're currently ripping out their plastic grass and replacing it with real grass and their practice field is also torn up for some reason. Still seems like they could have something for prospects in the IPF though doesn't it.

gtowndawg
04-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Steve = this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI2SXUzMFtQ

BeardoMSU
04-06-2016, 01:14 PM
OM may be in the market for a new AD after all is said and done. I hear Warden Norton is looking for employment; he'd bring law and order to those heathens**

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/60d8b2e3f5ed955b47a2feda4f3b4a22cde84beec539d35ba9 6431fbec3df917_1.gif

Bubb Rubb
04-06-2016, 01:17 PM

They are self-imposed sanctions....to hopefully lighten the hammer blow. You never know what the NCAA is going to do, but there's too many unprecedented things happening here for this to be insignificant. You have two coaches with show clauses, probably at least a third coming, and two coaches hiring outside counsel. The stuff already confirmed is enough to put them in the slammer for a couple of years, and as Steve confirmed today, the investigation is ongoing, despite what we've heard from Ole Miss administrators. Now you have Freeze calling folks to hunt for Rosie's sources?

It's gonna take a while, but it will be worth the wait, I expect.

Jack Lambert
04-06-2016, 01:24 PM
I really want this to turn into a federal case over student loans being used for nefarious purposes. That will take the smirk off the faces of Biff and Chatsworth over at Butler and Snow trying to curry favor with the big boys. Orange jumpsuits, frog marches and prison time at the big house will loosen up some lips.

Don't forget loosening up the ass hole.

jumbo
04-06-2016, 01:25 PM
OM may be in the market for a new AD after all is said and done. I hear Warden Norton is looking for employment; he'd bring law and order to those heathens**

http://img.ifcdn.com/images/60d8b2e3f5ed955b47a2feda4f3b4a22cde84beec539d35ba9 6431fbec3df917_1.gif

Have some rep....Dick Butt gifs are the best

BossDawg
04-06-2016, 01:27 PM
The investigation is STILL ongoing? Lmao

I said it the other day, and I'll say it again, I think the NCAA has descended into one gigantic rabbit hole. I bet they are finding so much stuff that they are having trouble keeping their details in order. I wish I knew a fraction of what they have uncovered.

AlSwearengen
04-06-2016, 01:54 PM
The investigation is STILL ongoing? Lmao

I said it the other day, and I'll say it again, I think the NCAA has descended into one gigantic rabbit hole. I bet they are finding so much stuff that they are having trouble keeping their details in order. I wish I knew a fraction of what they have uncovered.

If the ncaa is offering recruits (who signed elsewhere) immunity for being truthful as has been speculated, the ncaa might very well interview every highly recruited player that stepped foot on olemiss' campus in the last two or three years. Could take awhile.

blacklistedbully
04-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Just listened to the Boneyard

1. Hugh Freeze has hired outside counsel

2. Ole Miss did not have a JR Day in March & won't have a Spring Game. Why give up opportunities to get prospects on campus? Steve believes sanctions are already coming down.

3. Hugh Freeze has personally been calling around to find out who Steve's source is. This got back to Steve.

4. Ole Miss has already begun disassociating boosters & some of those boosters are proud that they are a part of an NCAA investigation.

5. The investigation is still on-going. Interviews have been going on this week.

There may have been a few more details, but that's the major points.

Steve said no Spring game because their stadium is under construction. He is speculating on the reasons for TSUN waiting until April for their first Jr Day, and said he is reaching out to see if there is anything behind the delay. I don't think they have necessarily reduced the # of Jr Days they can hold, rather they became the last SEC school to have their first one.

Original48
04-06-2016, 01:58 PM

This reminds me of the high school cheer mom whose daughter was caught drinking and suspended for a game. All the mom wanted to know was 'WHO TOLD?!?!??!!' Uhh...focus on the issue maybe?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Steve said no Spring game because their stadium is under construction. He is speculating on the reasons for TSUN waiting until April for their first Jr Day, and said he is reaching out to see if there is anything behind the delay. I don't think they have necessarily reduced the # of Jr Days they can hold, rather they became the last SEC school to have their first one.

It is pretty unheard of for you to have your 1st Jr Day in April. Jr Days usually start the end of January/beginning of February. It makes no sense to wait 2 whole months before you bring kids on campus.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 02:26 PM
It is pretty unheard of for you to have your 1st Jr Day in April. Jr Days usually start the end of January/beginning of February. It makes no sense to wait 2 whole months before you bring kids on campus.

OK, my question though is: what type of sanction would this be?

By still having a JR day in April, it's not like they aren't allowed to have a JR day. So, what's the sanction? Can't have a JR day before April?

Is that even a punishment?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-06-2016, 02:28 PM
OK, my question though is: what type of sanction would this be?

By still having a JR day in April, it's not like they aren't allowed to have a JR day. So, what's the sanction? Can't have a JR day before April?

Is that even a punishment?

That's a Steve question. Just making an observation that every other school having 1 or 2 Jr Day's before you have 1 doesn't make any sense. If that was Mullen & Co. plenty on here would be calling him all kind of sorry, lazy SOB's.

BeastMan
04-06-2016, 02:40 PM

And you can lump Josiah Coatney in that also. Why wait until April to bring him in? Not saying there is anything to it. Just weird coincidences.

Tbonewannabe
04-06-2016, 02:43 PM
And you can lump Josiah Coatney in that also. Why wait until April to bring him in? Not saying there is anything to it. Just weird coincidences.

They are just looking out for the coeds. Don't want them freezing to death in the short skirts they have to wear when recruits are around.

Coach34
04-06-2016, 03:09 PM

When is the last time an SEC team hasn't had a Spring Game??

Todd4State
04-06-2016, 03:27 PM

Especially coming off of a season like they just had.

Big4Dawg
04-06-2016, 03:38 PM

Pretty sure A&M didnt last year

blacklistedbully
04-06-2016, 03:38 PM
The lateness of the Jr Day is odd, perhaps telling, but Steve did say the lack of a Spring game is due to ongoing renovations at VH.

MSUDawg99
04-06-2016, 03:41 PM
#4 shows the arrogance of that fan base. They really think they are above the law and that nothing will happen to them if they are proud to be part of an NCAA investigation. May they get the Sandusky treatment big time for their arrogance.

The way he worded it was something to the effect of "said booster was all big headed thinking he was something cause the NCAA actually thought enough of HIM to interview him & he thought he was a big deal so he told them a lot of info. Then he got banned from buying season tix & disassociated from the univ. for telling on himself." Guess he didn't realize the repercussions of what he was doing.

Of course that doesn't mean he won't continue to buy them from his wife's name or someone else's name, I guess.

shannondawg
04-06-2016, 03:45 PM
They're not having a spring game because they're currently ripping out their plastic grass and replacing it with real grass and their practice field is also torn up for some reason. Still seems like they could have something for prospects in the IPF though doesn't it.

If this is true, who in the hell they gonna get to keep it alive? Thats the reason they switched to a rug in the first place.

MSUDawg99
04-06-2016, 03:46 PM

My office used to be in the same bldg with them downtown. Now both offices have moved out of downtown & they're down the street from us.

TStationDawg
04-06-2016, 04:04 PM
I still can't get over Hugh Freeze trying to ask around and make inquiries into Steve and his sources! What a clown!

pilldawg
04-06-2016, 04:10 PM
I still can't get over Hugh Freeze trying to ask around and make inquiries into Steve and his sources! What a clown!

is if the NCAA investigator is a member of the LGBT community.

MSUDawg99
04-06-2016, 04:16 PM

Why are you surprised? He searches his name on Twitter daily & responds to trolls.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Hugh, please click on an ad while your reading Elitedawgs today

bgover4
04-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Pretty sure vandy isn't having one this year also...not that it means much.

fishwater99
04-06-2016, 04:43 PM

They already had theirs...

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 04:47 PM
True, but wouldn't he lose his priority for good seats in that case?

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 04:48 PM

Yea, its somewhat unusual but certainly not something that I would think the NCAA would accept as a self-imposed sanction.

basedog
04-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Don't know if true or not but rumor is Cannon isn't "know one beats a Cannon deal" true, heard another dealer is the "best deal" and he has been banned from everything up north. So many rumors and still haven't a clue how the Ncaa could or would leak info.

Coach34
04-06-2016, 04:53 PM

Vandy's was already on SEC Network

Coach34
04-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Can't name names- buttttttt- could be someone that has something in common with this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Waddle

TStationDawg
04-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Why are you surprised? He searches his name on Twitter daily & responds to trolls.

Sorry. What can I say?! I'm still stunned by stupidity. It's my kryptonite. As a result, I stay powerless most of the time these days.

djaymsu5
04-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Aren't they switching back to natural grass? That may have something to do with it

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Can't name names- buttttttt- could be someone that has something in common with this guy:

Maybe one of them is Shepard Smith so he'll shut up with his non-stop Bear rants on the news. I don't watch the guy, so I assume he's still doing that.

MSUDawg99
04-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Sorry. What can I say?! I'm still stunned by stupidity. It's my kryptonite. As a result, I stay powerless most of the time these days.

HAHAHAHA.

basedog
04-06-2016, 05:12 PM

LMAO 34, If you watch Vikings there is a Seer and he has visions!

BhamBully
04-06-2016, 05:18 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Waddle T Metcalf perhaps??? I thought it was ironic that Metcalf is now at PRCC with none other than our friend Saunders. I also find it odd that you move from Oxford before your son takes his first snap at Ole Miss............

Mjoelner34
04-06-2016, 05:32 PM
is if the NCAA investigator is a member of the LGBT community.

I was thinking more along the lines of the investigator being named Grant or Sherman.

basedog
04-06-2016, 05:38 PM

Ducks do have a funny walk.

MedDawg
04-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Political Hack
04-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Ducks do have a funny walk.

I hear the NCAA's favorite song right now is Tupelo Honey.

In response to another poster, the booster was going to be dissociated whether he spoke with the NCAA or not. I have no clue why he'd talk to them and give them info unless he's just pissed.

turkish
04-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Disassociated rebel boosters get 72 passed out coeds when they die.

Jack Lambert
04-06-2016, 06:42 PM
They already had theirs...

Yep it was on the SEC Network a few weeks back.

Jarius
04-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Waddle is the last name of the Ole Miss football PA guy.

Dawgowar
04-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Per my A&M buddies - last year they could not use their stadium for a spring game due to construction. They asked the NCAA if they could use an off-campus location and were told 'NO'. Suspect that is why the Bears are not spring balling.

Can't speak to JR day issue, don't care really.

Hope this slow cooker goes for two or three more years. Fear, rumors.....dead silence leads to false hope.....more fear, more rumor....'crutes start believing rumors, you sign talented head cases....dead silence....rumors, fear....players really begin to run the asylum....rumors, fear....by the time the penalties come the cupboard is nothing but unfulfilled potential and attitude problems. Reality hits about the time you realize you were forced to hire a great position coach as HC. Start preaching character matters while everyone else goes 'MEH' and enjoys bowling. Hammer drops - can't deny you were lied to and those same powerbroker have zero intention of giving up power.

Enjoy it folks. Every freaking minute of it. They did it to us and in this case, they did it to themselves. And our out of state rivals were the ones that put them on the path.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Ole Miss would like to announce with great pride, Coach Pepper Rodgers as the new Head Coach in Oxford. He has come out of retirement at the age of 84 to lead the Rebels back onto the path of integrity and innovation....Coach, coach? Somebody wake the coach up....least we could afford him."

JDog13
04-06-2016, 07:04 PM

Gatsby.gif

basedog
04-06-2016, 07:22 PM
I hear the NCAA's favorite song right now is Tupelo Honey.

In response to another poster, the booster was going to be dissociated whether he spoke with the NCAA or not. I have no clue why he'd talk to them and give them info unless he's just pissed.

Apparently he got slobber knocked with "snot bubbles" blowing out! Don't think he was singing but... Didn't matter

BeastMan
04-06-2016, 07:29 PM

http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2015/02/23/962/n/1922398/eaa7529cc121df84_Meryl-Streep8cR3oj.xxxlarge/i/Excitement-Meryl-Streep-After-Patricia-Arquette-Acceptance-Speech.gif

Political Hack
04-06-2016, 07:40 PM

For the first time ever, I regret going to State over Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 07:46 PM
I make a Boneyard Cliff notes post about every two weeks, and I always find it amusing that the damn thing is good for 5,000 views every time. I mean, how many Rebels check this site for info? It's amazing how many more page views subjects like this attract.

I mean, if Bo Bounds would have Steve or C34 on once a week to tell the masses what's going on in the investigation, Bo's listenership would double

I realize there are some Rebels that sponsor his show, but I say kick those dudes to the curb. With listenership like Bo would be getting, he could go national and Microsoft and AT&T to sponsor the show.

Political Hack
04-06-2016, 07:59 PM
I make a Boneyard Cliff notes post about every two weeks, and I always find it amusing that the damn thing is good for 5,000 views every time. I mean, how many Rebels check this site for info? It's amazing how many more page views subjects like this attract.

I mean, if Bo Bounds would have Steve or C34 on once a week to tell the masses what's going on in the investigation, Bo's listenership would double

I realize there are some Rebels that sponsor his show, but I say kick those dudes to the curb. With listenership like Bo would be getting, he could go national and Microsoft and AT&T to sponsor the show.

Guaranteed: highest listener count he's ever had is when C34 was on.

Coach34
04-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Guaranteed: highest listener count he's ever had is when C34 was on.

yep. And Bo is just too scared to do it again

TrapGame
04-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Rep points coming you're way

http://kogakoalition.org/toybox/imagery/funnycliparts/cheers.gif