PDA

View Full Version : James Jackson Video

ShotgunDawg
04-06-2016, 11:48 AM
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3906291/highlights/334381433

Here are my quick thoughts on what I'm seeing in the video:

1. To begin, 247 has him rated as an 81 rated DT. I have no idea if that's correct or not. We haven't recruited enough of these types of players for me to know the difference between a 3 star or 4 star nose guard that weighs this much.

2. With the above being understood, at 6'3" 340+ lbs, the guy has quick twitch, aggressiveness, & a surprisingly low center of gravity.

3. Again, I have no idea what this guy should be ranked because I'm not accustom to seeing us or anyone else recruiting this type of player, but, if we are truly committed to running a 3/4 defense, then this seems to be a good commitment for us. To run a 3/4, you MUST have a full grown, War Daddy at nose guard & this guy appears to have a chance to be that. He actually looks a lot like Nick James to me, due to his body type & the way he moves.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-06-2016, 11:56 AM
247 hasn't rated him yet that's his composite score. I'm not sure who all has rated him from the 4 major recruiting sites. Everything else I agree with.

DeputyDawg94
04-06-2016, 01:44 PM
He moves better than I would have thought a kid with that height/weight combo could.