PDA

View Full Version : UConn is playing Syracuse tonight

RocketDawg
04-05-2016, 07:48 PM
On ESPN, in case anybody's interested. Would be nice if they were to win by 61 so we wouldn't look so bad. Stewart just hit an all-net 3, so she continues her dominance. 4-0 and they just started.

The baseball game tonight is sort of a non-event anyway ... last time I checked we were ahead 4-0 so hopefully it'll be a blowout, or at least a solid win.

msstate7
04-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Tenn Martin has a much better chance than Syracuse

RocketDawg
04-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Tenn Martin has a much better chance than Syracuse

You're right. It's 40-19 now with just under 4 minutes in the half.

msstate7
04-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Until enough elite players decide to go to another school and take down uconn, women's basketball will suffer as a sport

RocketDawg
04-05-2016, 08:32 PM
50-23 at the half. Syracuse's defense may be slightly better than ours (or perhaps UConn just isn't as motivated). Offense is slightly better.

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Until enough elite players decide to go to another school and take down uconn, women's basketball will suffer as a sport

Yep, women's basketball is in a bad place right now. No fun to watch when you know the outcome before the game begins so why bother. Its just not good to have one team that nobody else can compete with. Not beat, but even stay competitive with. I mean even when you've had teams or individuals dominate in certain sports they still usually have had regular tough games. UConn just continually bashing everyone's brains in makes the WBB game dull and the games anticlimactic.

msstate7
04-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Yep, women's basketball is in a bad place right now. No fun to watch when you know the outcome before the game begins so why bother. Its just not good to have one team that nobody else can compete with. Not beat, but even stay competitive with. I mean even when you've had teams or individuals dominate in certain sports they still usually have had regular tough games. UConn just continually bashing everyone's brains in makes the WBB game dull and the games anticlimactic.

I just don't see how it's even fun to play for uconn at this point. It's like playing a sports game on PlayStation in which you just completely drill the computer... Once even the threat of losing is gone, it's boring.

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 09:23 AM
I just don't see how it's even fun to play for uconn at this point. It's like playing a sports game on PlayStation in which you just completely drill the computer... Once even the threat of losing is gone, it's boring.

Yep, playing PS on rookie mode is actually a pretty good comparison.

msstate7
04-06-2016, 09:26 AM
If I were the top player in the country, I'd get a couple more players to follow me to another school with the mission of taking down uconn. Certainly wouldn't just go to uconn and be another husky doing what I'm supposed to do... That's me though

RocketDawg
04-06-2016, 03:14 PM
The game was certainly anticlimactic, but at one point just after the second half began, Syracuse had a 16-0 run. But UConn called a timeout and shut that down in a hurry, and after that it was Katy bar the door. I've forgotten the final score but the margin was >30 I think. And you're right ... that sort of domination is not good for the sport.

I just hope the game with them didn't break our girls' spirits and they'll be the same bouncy and determined team next year.

maroonmania
04-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Syracuse had a 16-0 run.

The UCONN players probably got bored and dozed off for a while there.

shannondawg
04-06-2016, 03:56 PM
"They hit a big 3 and cut the lead down to 19" Duh! it was about 5 min to go or something like that.

CJDAWG85
04-06-2016, 04:17 PM
If Alabama's football team was beating every opponent on their schedule for 4 years by 40+ points, hard to believe the NCAA wouldn't at least be asking questions as to how they are that much better than anyone.