PDA

View Full Version : Satellite camps

DawgNamedScuba
04-05-2016, 12:02 PM
How do you guys feel about these camps? Where should we set up shop at?

msstate7
04-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Wyoming... Lotta talent there**

mic
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

It's in the works...

DawgNamedScuba
04-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Wyoming... Lotta talent there**
Lol I needed a good laugh

beretta
04-05-2016, 12:14 PM

Im not real crazy about the satellite camps....but IF we were to do one, it would probably make sense to do one that really isn't within driving distance of starkville.....my first thought, in areas we do a lot of recruiting, like Alabama.....but that doesnt make sense when its within driving distance.....what other areas do we recruit often? Atlanta area may make sense....or NW Fla? the bulk of our recruiting is from the southeast, so I'm not so sure we will see Mullen & co jump on the bandwagon to do this right away....Ole miss? i bet they are foaming at the mouth to have satellite camps....

msstate7
04-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Figure out where there's a good bit of oline talent that isn't being fought over tooth and nail.

Dawgbite
04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
It really doesn't matter where we go but Bama's first camp should be at Ann Arbor High School. I think we would be served best to get out of the SEC footprint, Miami/ South Florida, West coast/Pac 12 footprint, or maybe Nebraska. They seem to have no shortage of big ole corn fed linemen that like nothing better than running over whatever is in front of them. Rotate from year to year.

Mjoelner34
04-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Ga. and Cali.

Maroonthirteen
04-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Memphis, New Orleans and Atlanta.

This & I would add Orlando or Tampa & Houston.

Commercecomet24
04-05-2016, 01:02 PM
This & I would add Orlando or Tampa & Houston.

Yep! Perfect!

mic
04-05-2016, 01:10 PM
South Fla, Dallas, Atlanta... Thank you Coach Sirmon .. #nocountryclub

Ifyouonlyknew
04-05-2016, 02:05 PM
South Fla, Dallas, Atlanta... Thank you Coach Sirmon .. #nocountryclub

How does Coach Sirmon get credit for this?

Statefan
04-05-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm far more worried about Bama, LSU, A&M, UF, OU doing camps here to be honest. I feel decent about us keeping in state talent here but that exposure doesn't help. No kid from Mississippi cares about Michigan doing a camp but I think SEC schools being able to come here hurts us

archdog
04-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Im not real crazy about the satellite camps....but IF we were to do one, it would probably make sense to do one that really isn't within driving distance of starkville.....my first thought, in areas we do a lot of recruiting, like Alabama.....but that doesnt make sense when its within driving distance.....what other areas do we recruit often? Atlanta area may make sense....or NW Fla? the bulk of our recruiting is from the southeast, so I'm not so sure we will see Mullen & co jump on the bandwagon to do this right away....Ole miss? i bet they are foaming at the mouth to have satellite camps....

I am pretty sure it is a rule in the SEC you cannot have a football camp in a state that has a SEC located there. Not sure, but I think I heard that last week on Finebaum.

EAVdog
04-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Not sure about a satellite camp but I like the idea of doing the first week of Spring Practice at an alternate location.

Have the first week of Spring Practice in Hawaii and make sure all the incoming recruits know that. Basically come to MSU, we go to Hawaii for a week every Spring.

mic
04-05-2016, 04:24 PM
How does Coach Sirmon get credit for this?

Rumor has he asked why we weren't doing this... And now looks like we are...

Big4Dawg
04-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Rumor has he asked why we weren't doing this... And now looks like we are...

Idk if I believe this as USC never did it.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-usc-s-steve-sarkisian-says-he-won-t-coach-at-satellite-camps-20150623-story.html

DancingRabbit
04-05-2016, 04:55 PM
I am pretty sure it is a rule in the SEC you cannot have a football camp in a state that has a SEC located there. Not sure, but I think I heard that last week on Finebaum.

I believe the current rule is camps aren't allowed further than fifty miles from campus.

Last summer the SEC AD's voted that satellite camps would be allowed for SEC teams if the NCAA didn't impose a rule like the SEC's. Tomorrow is when the NCAA will vote on it. Apparently it is expected that the SEC proposal will fail; if it does fail the SEC ban will expire as of May 29.

RocketDawg
04-05-2016, 05:22 PM
California. Lots of good players there and Sirmon should have some degree of knowledge of the area and influence in recruiting players.

Texas. It's the largest state, and they are totally nuts about high school FB there. Go get some of them.

RocketDawg
04-05-2016, 05:24 PM
I believe the current rule is camps aren't allowed further than fifty miles from campus.

Last summer the SEC AD's voted that satellite camps would be allowed for SEC teams if the NCAA didn't impose a rule like the SEC's. Tomorrow is when the NCAA will vote on it. Apparently it is expected that the SEC proposal will fail; if it does fail the SEC ban will expire as of May 29.

I was assuming he meant camps in the same manner as Harbaugh is doing ... many miles from Michigan. If the SEC's rule is 50 miles, they need to change it as long as the B1G allows them anywhere and everywhere. I don't have a problem with national recruiting at MSU ... we should do more of it.

Thick
04-05-2016, 05:29 PM
How about Wisconsin and Nebraska for some big ass linemen with a mean streak in them!

mic
05-09-2016, 04:23 PM
Looks like the first satellite camp is set for the first of June.
State, zona , bc and the Ohio state ..
In south Fla Miami area...

Homedawg
05-09-2016, 04:29 PM
Looks like the first satellite camp is set for the first of June.
State, zona , bc and the Ohio state ..
In south Fla Miami area...

That same day we are going to Atlanta. We also are going to Dallas, the coast and obviously, pearl.

mic
05-09-2016, 04:49 PM
That same day we are going to Atlanta. We also are going to Dallas, the coast and obviously, pearl.

Miami Dade, Atl and Dallas... Outstanding.....

War Machine Dawg
05-09-2016, 07:16 PM
How about Wisconsin and Nebraska for some big ass linemen with a mean streak in them!

This. We need to get into the midwest to get some big, mean linemen that love to knock the shit out of the guy in front of them. What we're doing now obviously isn't working.