PDA

View Full Version : Does Mullen still refuse to talk about injuries?...

Ronny
08-15-2013, 09:36 AM
...Ive only read a few isolated incidents of MSU injuries.

Meanwhile, here is the current info released info on rebel injuries:

I’Tavius Mathers (ankle sprain)

Mark Dodson (thigh bruise)

Defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (groin)

C.J. Johnson (leg)

D.T. Shackelford (unspecified)

Defensive tackle Herbert Moore is out for the next few days after a separated shoulder was popped back into place.

(Non-injury related news: Backup Bear center Austin Douglas has left the program).

Seems Freeze is opposite Mullen in that Freeze doesn't care if you know about injuries. And that's some key rebel/bear players that are injured.

Meanwhile, I am seeing nothing on MSU injuries. If nobody practicing for MSU currently is getting injured, then that would explain everything.

But I don't believe that is the case.

msstate7
08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Malcolm Johnson has minor knee or leg issue.

Fred brown has broken wrist

ShotgunDawg
...Ive only read a few isolated incidents of MSU injuries.

Meanwhile, here is the current info released info on rebel injuries:

I?Tavius Mathers (ankle sprain)

Mark Dodson (thigh bruise)

Defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (groin)

C.J. Johnson (leg)

D.T. Shackelford (unspecified)

Defensive tackle Herbert Moore is out for the next few days after a separated shoulder was popped back into place.

(Non-injury related news: Backup Bear center Austin Douglas has left the program).

Seems Freeze is opposite Mullen in that Freeze doesn't care if you know about injuries. And that's some key rebel/bear players that are injured.

Meanwhile, I am seeing nothing on MSU injuries. If nobody practicing for MSU currently is getting injured, then that would explain everything.

But I don't believe that is the case.

Mullen gave roughly the same injury report as Freeze on Monday.

Mullen just doesn't like the media asking about injuries. However, he has shown the willingness to, at times, give the media an injury update.

Ghost of Hank Flick
Mullen's policy is that he doesn't talk about injuries, but that is a loose policy because he does talk about injuries. Basically, he just doesn't want to be asked about them, but he will bring them up on his own from time to time.

P.J. Jones has had a lingering injury, Fred Ross. Damien Robinson started out in the pit. Malcolm Johnson is out until next week. Fred Brown broke his wrist. Gus Walley is out for the year.

Those are just a few. He does talk about injuries, you just have to keep an eye out.

ETA: Freeze is all about lowering expectations for his fanbase. He wants to report every injury he can so they will get down a little and when he rises up and beats someone or comes close he is a miracle worker. Mullen takes the opposite approach. Instead of poor mouthing, he ups the ante on himself like when he said on his ESPN car wash that the fans now expect 10-11 win seasons. From day 1 Mullen has not shied away from expectations, while Freeze tempers them to make himself look better; "wondering in the wilderness" last year and "our fans need to slow down we aren't there yet" this year.

Goat Holder
08-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Nailed it GoHF, the part about Freeze.

Ronny
08-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Mullen's policy is that he doesn't talk about injuries, but that is a loose policy because he does talk about injuries. Basically, he just doesn't want to be asked about them, but he will bring them up on his own from time to time.

P.J. Jones has had a lingering injury, Fred Ross. Damien Robinson started out in the pit. Malcolm Johnson is out until next week. Fred Brown broke his wrist. Gus Walley is out for the year.

Those are just a few. He does talk about injuries, you just have to keep an eye out.

ETA: Freeze is all about lowering expectations for his fanbase. He wants to report every injury he can so they will get down a little and when he rises up and beats someone or comes close he is a miracle worker. Mullen takes the opposite approach. Instead of poor mouthing, he ups the ante on himself like when he said on his ESPN car wash that the fans now expect 10-11 win seasons. From day 1 Mullen has not shied away from expectations, while Freeze tempers them to make himself look better; "wondering in the wilderness" last year and "our fans need to slow down we aren't there yet" this year.

P.J. Jones; Fred Ross; Damien Robinson; Malcolm Johnson.

Fred Brown broke his wrist. Gus Walley is out for the year.

I've picked up on bits of this info, but never put it all together.

But as I suspected we have worrisome injuries to key players just like the rebel/bears.

And I agree with your assertion Freeze releases injury info in order to lower expectations. Ole Hugh Miss is a very accomplished scam artist.

gravedigger
08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I also read in an interview that the Jones gave on Head to Head that 1-2 running backs had suffered concussions. He didnt say who.

Said TE Hill had missed practices but due to a death in the family and not an injury.