PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss must be getting close to releasing their reply to the NOA.

Jack Lambert
04-04-2016, 12:47 PM
The CL sure is having a lot of positive stories about them today.

Boodawg
04-04-2016, 01:37 PM
I really hope so. Of course why are they writing feel good stories about um when only people in this state see that rag, and everyone who lives in this state other than um fans, know that um cheats their ***'s off. And that HF is a hypocrite, or at least seems to be. If they (the CL) really wanted to become relevant they would break this story wide open. They'd get more hits than they have ever gotten. Oh well, whatever. I do hope it's getting close, however, if waiting more time hurts um more then I'm okay with that as well, but I'm really anxious to see what comes of all of this.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
04-04-2016, 02:08 PM
The CL sure is having a lot of positive stories about them today.

Was almost expecting today, so they could be under the radar with most sports media talking about the basketball championship game. I would think they strategically find a day when most of the focus will be elsewhere.

starkvegasdawg
04-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Was almost expecting today, so they could be under the radar with most sports media talking about the basketball championship game. I would think they strategically find a day when most of the focus will be elsewhere.

Some Friday evening around 8:00pm.

Liverpooldawg
04-04-2016, 03:07 PM
It is interesting the lack of instate media attention on this. In most states the instate media would be all over it. Not here.

TrapGame
04-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Not gonna mention any names but before the CL made a big cut in employees I went to church with a guy that was an asst. editor and he was 100% red and blue. Nice guy but he loved him some OM. Do I think he could have killed stories negative against his school? Yes, I do.

shannondawg
04-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Had a nice visit with my big time donor ole miss buddy this morning. I brought up that it looked like there was nothing major in the first letter, but the second one coming was a doozy. His only comment was us bulldogs are finally admitting there was only minor infractions in the first one. Did not comment on the second one yet to come.

maroonmania
04-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Not gonna mention any names but before the CL made a big cut in employees I went to church with a guy that was an asst. editor and he was 100% red and blue. Nice guy but he loved him some OM. Do I think he could have killed stories negative against his school? Yes, I do.

The issue is we have almost zero graduates or supporters that have jobs in the general sports writing media or editorship of influential newspapers and therefore we have no built in protection like you would get from the guy like the one you just mentioned. Everybody is more than willing to take out their pound of flesh on MSU and do so regularly. Most all media folks that have MSU bias actually write specifically for MSU. Guess that is one of the drawbacks with not having a journalism school.

Bama_Dawg
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
The issue is we have almost zero graduates or supporters that have jobs in the general sports writing media or editorship of influential newspapers and therefore we have no built in protection like you would get from the guy like the one you just mentioned. Everybody is more than willing to take out their pound of flesh on MSU and do so regularly. Most all media folks that have MSU bias actually write specifically for MSU. Guess that is one of the drawbacks with not having a journalism school.

Sure it is. But I'll take a building that stands tall for years upon years, airplanes that fly for decades, and chemical processes to help our every day lives over their crackpot journalism school. Media outlets come and go, but what Mississippi State does, transcends that exponentially.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Sure it is. But I'll take a building that stands tall for years upon years, airplanes that fly for decades, and chemical processes to help our every day lives over their crackpot journalism school. Media outlets come and go, but what Mississippi State does, transcends that exponentially.

this. the last thing we need is more journalists & more lawyers. shut it down.

JDog13
04-04-2016, 05:02 PM

How is Rusty these days?

TrapGame
04-04-2016, 07:24 PM
How is Rusty these days?

LOL! Not saying you're right, but that's funny.

Mjoelner34
04-04-2016, 07:31 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Reason2succeed
04-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Why can't we have engineering, architecture, AND journalism?!? These things aren't mutually exclusive. The fact that many journalist produce trash now is even more of a reason to have journalism at State. All the OM journalist learn to do is SPIN SPIN SPIN and Shepard Smith is the queen of it!

Bama_Dawg
04-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Why can't we have engineering, architecture, AND journalism?!? These things aren't mutually exclusive. The fact that many journalist produce trash now is even more of a reason to have journalism at State. All the OM journalist learn to do is SPIN SPIN SPIN and Shepard Smith is the queen of it!

Yeah, but like anything, the time you have a program is also a factor in how much prestige it has. The Morrill Act says specifically:

"Provided
, That the moneys so invested or loaned shall constitute a perpetual fund, the capital of which shall remain forever undiminished (except so far as may be provided in section 305 of this title), and the interest of which shall be inviolably appropriated, by each State which may take and claim the benefit of this subchapter, to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts, in such manner as the legislatures of the States may respectively prescribe, in order to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the several pursuits and professions in life.
(July 2, 1862, ch. 130, ? 4, 12 Stat. 504; Mar. 3, 1883, ch. 102, 22 Stat. 484; Apr. 13, 1926, ch. 130, 44 Stat. 247.)"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/7/304

So apparently back after the Civil War, Mississippi, as a state, wasn't concerned with journalism. In this case, IMO, government worked.

Thrill1
04-05-2016, 11:33 AM
How is Rusty these days?
Got to know Rusty well as a student when he was our beat writer. He's originally from Oregon and married a Starkville native and MSU grad so...

Dawgbite
04-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Why can't we have engineering, architecture, AND journalism?!?

Journalism is kinda like having a minor in Sanitation Engineering so there is that.

DancingRabbit
04-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Got to know Rusty well as a student when he was our beat writer. He's originally from Oregon and married a Starkville native and MSU grad so...

Yeah, but he hated Jackie with a passion. That hate rubbed off on other aspects of MSU reporting.